XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

For your ALC655 (thats what you have), you need the AppleAC97Audio.kext you had working before, or edit the plist like here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=177444

with the difference that you have an ICH5 chipset...

here are more details about how to mod your audio kext:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

As for your network, if you dont say the exact model/chipset is difficult to help.

BlackCH thanks.. That makes sense the audio is not Azalia like I thought it was. I'll try the install again picking ALC for AC97 audio. I did see that option in there. THANKS should work now.

As for the realtek ethernet card. The exact model is rtl8139D pt# 180BF200B100. After the uphuck install with realtekR1000.kext it worked. I picked the realtekR1000.kext on the XxX release and it does not work. So what do I do? I dont think the PC generic realtek driver is the right one but is that what I need to pick or is there something else I'm missing all together?

THANKS

BlackCH thanks.. That makes sense the audio is not Azalia like I thought it was. I'll try the install again picking ALC for AC97 audio. I did see that option in there. THANKS should work now.

As for the realtek ethernet card. The exact model is rtl8139D pt# 180BF200B100. After the uphuck install with realtekR1000.kext it worked. I picked the realtekR1000.kext on the XxX release and it does not work. So what do I do? I dont think the PC generic realtek driver is the right one but is that what I need to pick or is there something else I'm missing all together?

THANKS

Actually the R1000 does not support the 8139. Uphuck may have an older IONetworking supporting it. From the XxX release you can use the PCGenRTL8139 by orByte to make it work.

Hey guys. It can never be said enough, so thank you everone for all the helpfull information i have used to get me where i am with this install. And mostly, thank you BlackCH for releasing this install and taking the time out to help others getting it working.

I curently have everything up and running great on my daugters Dell Optiplex GX60. The only gripe i have to installing OSX on this machine is the graphics card support (simply because there are no further kexts to getting QC/CI working with this onboard video).

The problem i feel can be fixed is the problem i am having with mounting any type of images. I cannot mount ISO or DMG (the ones i tried). After about 3 mins i finally get an error. Also, i cannot add the images to DiskUtility. I have a clean install with all the SSE2 packages selected and the 10.4.11 update checked as well. I am hoping some one knows a cpl terminal comands i may be able to try and fix. The PC has no CD-Rom drive in it for me to burn a potention fix from my Leo PC. I can temporarily install one, but seeing my daughters set up makes it a real big pain. :)

Thanx in advance for whoever may be able to help.

Just if it helps, here are the system specs

BlackCH OSX Tiger 10.4.11

Intel P4 2.2

Intel 845GV chipset

768MB PC 3200 Ram

40GB WD IDE HD

Embedded Intel Extreme Graphics

The problem i feel can be fixed is the problem i am having with mounting any type of images. I cannot mount ISO or DMG (the ones i tried). After about 3 mins i finally get an error. Also, i cannot add the images to DiskUtility. I have a clean install with all the SSE2 packages selected and the 10.4.11 update checked as well. I am hoping some one knows a cpl terminal comands i may be able to try and fix. The PC has no CD-Rom drive in it for me to burn a potention fix from my Leo PC. I can temporarily install one, but seeing my daughters set up makes it a real big pain. ;)

Sounds like you have a missmatched System.kext. I assume you installed the 8.9.1 kernel for SSE2, so you will need the 8.9.1 system.kext... You can get the single package inside the DVD (System/Installation/packages); is the one called system.pkg. Run it. then fix the permissions from the terminal:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext

then reboot. Should do.

Hi, BlackCH. Thank you so much for your terrific work and hanging around to answer everyone's questions.

Just wanted to let you know that I've been using your 10.4.10 disk for a while and have been very happy with it. I started playing around with Kallyway's Leo a few weeks ago, but I've been having problems with it. Downloaded your 10.4.11 disc and everything is back to working great! :)

Just a couple of questions: first, are you going to release a Leopard disk? You'd be my first choice for a good, problem-free and comprehensive install. Second, Is there a problem with the Disk Utility on your 10.4.11 disc? I tried partitioning my drive with it, but the only version that didn't return an error was the older version on your 10.4.10 disc (v10.5.8). Just curious.

Thanks again!

JBD

Try adding add the GMA950 driver and perhups an older version of loginwindow.app to that selection.

Okay. I added the IntelGMA950 driver- actually, it would not let me install just the IntelGMA950. It would only let me check the entire Intel.Integrated.Graphics family of drivers including IntelGMA900 and IntelGMA900_fixer. So I went ahead and checked them and the 10.4.4.Loginwindow.app. I looked on JaS's 10.4.8 DVD and did not see a Loginwindow.app on it (since you suggested installing an older one, BlackCH).

Anyways, it's doing the same thing which I will describe in more detail. Basically it starts up after all the verbose mode information whizzes by to a solid black/gray screen with the black pointer cursor. The HD LED (and sound) tells me it's blowing up with activity just like a normal startup. However, all I have on the screen is the black pointer with the occasional 'beach ball' cursor. And I don't know if it means anything, but if I let it sit still the pointer turns into the 'select text' style of cursor until I move it and then it goes immediately back again when I let it rest again. Weird.

I did go back and boot with your DVD and used the terminal to remove the AppleIntel915.kext, AppleIntel915GA.plugin, and AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle directories from /Volumes/osx/System/Library/Extensions (where osx is the name of my OS X install volume on my localhard drive). The reason I did this was because having them obviously didn't help and before when they were in the Extensions directory along with my GMA950 drivers Quartz would not work, presumably because OS X was loading the GMA900 drivers first.

Same thing as above so that's obviously not the issue in this case..

As for a possibly related question: What is the directory to look for stuff that might be junking up an otherwise clean boot up process? I am not saying it's the issue here, but something is. For instance, I also installed the Adobe.CS3.Patch since I have CS3 installed on here as well. Also, there a now many things that show 0 bytes and are greyed out as Skip which I presume means it's already been installed.

Is there a problem with the Disk Utility on your 10.4.11 disc? I tried partitioning my drive with it, but the only version that didn't return an error was the older version on your 10.4.10 disc (v10.5.8). Just curious.

There was a problem with it in the very first 10.4.11 version uploaded at MiniNova. I fixed (together with other things) in the Rev.1.0 uploaded at TPB. I guess you have the buggy one.

Im working a PPF1 and is only usefull if you have the REV.1.0 ISO, better to get that.

Okay. I added the IntelGMA950 driver- actually, it would not let me install just the IntelGMA950. It would only let me check the entire Intel.Integrated.Graphics family of drivers including IntelGMA900 and IntelGMA900_fixer. So I went ahead and checked them and the 10.4.4.Loginwindow.app. I looked on JaS's 10.4.8 DVD and did not see a Loginwindow.app on it (since you suggested installing an older one, BlackCH).

I did go back and boot with your DVD and used the terminal to remove the AppleIntel915.kext, AppleIntel915GA.plugin, and AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle directories from /Volumes/osx/System/Library/Extensions (where osx is the name of my OS X install volume on my localhard drive). The reason I did this was because having them obviously didn't help and before when they were in the Extensions directory along with my GMA950 drivers Quartz would not work, presumably because OS X was loading the GMA900 drivers first.

Same thing as above so that's obviously not the issue in this case..

As for a possibly related question: What is the directory to look for stuff that might be junking up an otherwise clean boot up process? I am not saying it's the issue here, but something is. For instance, I also installed the Adobe.CS3.Patch since I have CS3 installed on here as well. Also, there a now many things that show 0 bytes and are greyed out as Skip which I presume means it's already been installed.

You should be able to select ONLY the GMA950 driver. Also Options greyed out; are you erasing your partition before each re-install?.... maybe your ISO is corrupted. Did you check it with the MD5 checksum included?

can anyone help me?

I tried to install it on the rig below, and the install was sweet

But when i boot up, it gets stuck either at waiting for root device or wind/login/appl

Is it becos of my GPU card? Would IDE Hard drive be better?

Could anyone tell me whether i have chosen the wrong installation package?

Ta

There was a problem with it in the very first 10.4.11 version uploaded at MiniNova. I fixed (together with other things) in the Rev.1.0 uploaded at TPB. I guess you have the buggy one.

Im working a PPF1 and is only usefull if you have the REV.1.0 ISO, better to get that.

You should be able to select ONLY the GMA950 driver. Also Options greyed out; are you erasing your partition before each re-install?.... maybe your ISO is corrupted. Did you check it with the MD5 checksum included?

No I'm not. I'm a poor soul that's trying to upgrade. Surely it's possible. Like I mentioned, I accidentally ran the Apple update on my JaS 10.4.8 install and that's when it broke. I was hoping that loading the kernel from your 10.4.11 disc would resolve the issue. Close but no luck. Also, I should mention I get sound at that black/gray screen I described above. If I start hitting keys the error beep will play. It's almost as if I am at a regular desktop but can't see it.

In the event I can't upgrade, is there any way I can use a rescue disk to get all my files off to a Samba share?

I'm having difficulty with EFI and Bootloaders with a dual boot system (xp/osx)

I've tried several different configurations of the settings in the installer, but still no look.

Keep getting the "b0 error"

I've read the posts about this error, and everyone agrees that its about having your osx partition set to active.

But mine is already set to active, and i've even trying re-writing the MBR with fdisk. See below.

I have my partition table setup as MBR using the disk utility before install.

My question is, which version of EFI should I be using? (i've tried V6, V6+950GMA, & V8)

Or is there any other possible reasons of getting this b0 error other than the active partition thing?

lord-crendores-computer:~ crendore$ sudo -s

Password:

lord-crendores-computer:~ root# diskutil list

/dev/disk0

#: type name size identifier

0: FDisk_partition_scheme *149.1 GB disk0

1: Windows_NTFS Untitled 133.8 GB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS OSX 15.2 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1

#: type name size identifier

0: Apple_partition_scheme *2.4 GB disk1

1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 KB disk1s1

2: Apple_HFS XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel 2.4 GB disk1s3

lord-crendores-computer:~ root# fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

Enter 'help' for information

fdisk: 1> p

Disk: /dev/rdisk0 geometry: 19457/255/63 [312581808 sectors]

Offset: 0 Signature: 0xAA55

Starting Ending

#: id cyl hd sec - cyl hd sec [ start - size]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1: 07 0 1 1 - 1023 254 63 [ 63 - 280703682] HPFS/QNX/AUX

*2: AF 1023 254 63 - 1023 254 63 [ 280714848 - 31866912] HFS+

3: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused

4: 00 0 0 0 - 0 0 0 [ 0 - 0] unused

note: the "fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory"

doesn't happen when i boot up with -s to edit the partition table. that only happens 'cause the drive is currently mounted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

MBR was {censored}ed. after lots of playing around...

fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0

fixed it.

I'm having difficulty with EFI and Bootloaders with a dual boot system (xp/osx)

I've tried several different configurations of the settings in the installer, but still no look.

Keep getting the "b0 error"

I've read the posts about this error, and everyone agrees that its about having your osx partition set to active.

But mine is already set to active, and i've even trying re-writing the MBR with fdisk. See below.

I have my partition table setup as MBR using the disk utility before install.

My question is, which version of EFI should I be using? (i've tried V6, V6+950GMA, & V8)

Or is there any other possible reasons of getting this b0 error other than the active partition thing?

note: the "fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory"

doesn't happen when i boot up with -s to edit the partition table. that only happens 'cause the drive is currently mounted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sounds like you have a missmatched System.kext. I assume you installed the 8.9.1 kernel for SSE2, so you will need the 8.9.1 system.kext... You can get the single package inside the DVD (System/Installation/packages); is the one called system.pkg. Run it. then fix the permissions from the terminal:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/System.kext

then reboot. Should do.

Sorry took me so long to get back. Been really hecktic.

BlackCH, you Rock BTW. that worked like a charm. I appreciate your help. My daughter thanks you too :P

BlackCH, as I posted on another 10.4.11 related topic, I was previously running your 10.4.10 release. I recently updated this installation with your new 10.4.11 release and it works like a charm. Almost everything worked out of the box except I just had to replace some kexts I modified myself for my wireless and graca :). So I just wanted to say that once again you did a great job and its highly appreciated. Once you will release a leopard version I will try it right away, till then I'll stick with the tiger version B)

PPF1 upped at TPB.

It adds the following drivers/patches: NVInject 2.1, IONetworkingFamily.kext patched for MAYA,

IOPCCardFamily supporting PCMCIA/CardBus on laptops, CMI8738PCI Audio driver, ALC888/883 3

ports driver, Intel iwi2200/2915 wireless driver and CoreDuoTempMeter. Also it fixes some 'case

sensitive' bugs on packages paths and, most important, adds a new menu: 'Base.Install.Combos'. This option is meant for those people who dont know which packs to pick. By checking one of the combo option you will install kernel and necessary system patches (based on the combinations on the 1st post) all at once. Notice that you must add to the 'base install' drivers for your graphic, audio, network, etc.

picture1oe9.th.png

This PPF works ONLY on the XxX OS x86 10.4.11 Install Disc Rev 1.0 ISO image, upped at The

Pirate Bay on 12-14-2007 (md5:6484E2DE2262E04629B036A4FCD29E06).

Hi BlackCH

I installed your 10.4.11 (6484E2DE2262E04629B036A4FCD29E06) on my box and it's been working perfectly for weeks.

What is the 'case sensitive' packages bug all about? Do I have anything broken on my installation as a result of this ?

Thanks kindly.

are these the only culprits with the case sensitive issue?

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/yukon88e8053.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/NVinjectGo009.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/sigmatel9200.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/sigmatel.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/NVinject009.pkg

that what my search came up with. Just these? thanks kindly.

After several install attempts :D - I now have a working system, Dell Optiplex GX260. The hardest part for me was that the ICH4 audio did not work. After a few hours of fiddling, I got it working by appending 0x00021102 to the <string> line in this file:

AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

What is strange is that System Profiler show "no audio", but the Sound System Preference and sound from YouTube videos, QT, etc. work just fine.

I have a few newbie questions.

1) When I boot from hard disk, I use -v -legacy cpus=1. How can I modify the system so that I do not have to do that any more? Once this is done, how do I reduce the boot timeout from 20 seconds to 5 seconds?

I found this answer on the Tips & Tricks page.

2) I have not run Software Update. I am using the "8.9.1 universal kernel + patches". Which kind of updates are safe, which are not? I assume updates like iTunes, Java, QuickTime are safe to update. The Security Update seems to have a lot of stuff bundled. Is this one safe?

3) In bash (on Linux), I am used to using ATL-F and ALT-B for word forward and word backward. What is the equivalent?

4) When I type in *this* textarea, Home and End take me to the top and bottom of the web page. How do I navigate to start and end of a line?

5) Apple Remote Desktop looks to be a VNC variant. This is really slow! I am used to the speed of UltraVNC or MS Windows Remote Desktop. What do I need to install to get these kinds of speeds? Something that is cross-platform would simply be icing on the cake!

6) Can someone recommend an inexpensive DL DVD+/- RW that will work under 10.4.11? I would prefer to get one that did not need any patching.

It looks like a Sony DRU 840A should work.

7) Sleep mode is set for 15 minutes. After this, I have to push the power button to wake up the system. Is there a way to make it so that pressing a key or moving the mouse will do the same thing?

Muchas gracias!

2) I have not run Software Update. I am using the "8.9.1 universal kernel + patches". Which kind of updates are safe, which are not? I assume updates like iTunes, Java, QuickTime are safe to update. The Security Update seems to have a lot of stuff bundled. Is this one safe?

I'm running 8.10.1 kernel. Non EFI. I was able to run all OS and application updates via Software Update. I think it will break things if 10.4.12 is ever released.

patched ISO md5: 53B8A7E299D63A9DA3CBE49DD68AE114

is included in the torrent I uploaded as a text file anyway.

are these the only culprits with the case sensitive issue?

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/yukon88e8053.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/NVinjectGo009.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/sigmatel9200.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/sigmatel.pkg

/Volumes/XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel/System/Installation/Packages/NVinject009.pkg

that what my search came up with. Just these? thanks kindly.

a few more... frontrow, characterpalette.... dont remember all right now.

Hi All;

Haven't (had) the time to browse through this thread, but please clear this for me:

I've downloaded the XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev1.0.3932802.TPB.torrent from thepiratebay.org

But to me it just looks like a bunch of zipped files and not as an .iso-file, since I'm a "newer then Newbie" please tell me what I'm supposed to do?

:D

I have a spare laptop I'd like to full-install OSx86 on. The config is checked and I can use the SSE2-patch etc.

So, do I just burn these packages to a DVD or do I need to make an iso-file frome these packs myself?

:D

Some help is appreciated very much!!!

TIA.

EDIT

Is this going to work for me too?

How do I convert a .DMG to a .ISO/.IMG?

Windows

• Install UltraISO, goto Tools|Convert... Then select your .dmg, and leave the output as a .ISO
  • Then to turn it into a .IMG, put the .ISO into a emulator like Alcohol 120% or Nero Image Drive
  • Then install Transmac, goto Tools|Disk/CD Edit|Save Image of Disk/CD and select the souce Drive, and the Dest .IMG

Mac OS X

• Start up Disk Utility.
  • Click on the Convert button. Select the .dmg file, and then click Open.
  • From the drop-down list, select DVD/CD master. Then click Save, and then when prompted, choose Use .cdr.
  • When it finishes, change the extension from .cdr to .iso

Ruud

i've installed XxX OSX 10.4.11 ON MY NC8000 sse2 and it works great but sometimes i get a problem with the wifi and i installed XxX 8 times but it works but after a while it stops workeing i get setuphardware error and some numbers and it doesn't boot up and the audio doesn't either work it says that it's on but it doesn't come and audio out can someone plz help