XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

I am able to install and boot into the partition, but when it loads, all I get is a blank blue screen.

What do you recommend to check off in the installer for a Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 Tablet PC so that this can work?

I have previously used the 10.4.6 install dvd by JaS, but I want the newest version of OS X.

BlackCH, thank you once again for your assistance.

The system appears to boot without problems. I do not have an external monitor, nor am I using the paperclip trick. Instead, just before leaving the black Darwin bootscreen, I repeatedly press Fn + F8 to force the laptop into switching between LCD/CRT.

Unfortunately, the onboard Sigmatel STAC9200 is not producing any sound, nor is the Broadcom 440x ethernet working. I have read around the forums, and it would appear that I have to replace IONetworkingFamily.kext with version 1.5.0 (OSX 10.4.6). I guess I shall have to do some more searching! :P

Aside from the network and audio issues, I am pleasantly surprised - the system is very responsive, with performance superior to that of the Uphuck 1.3 release.

Many thanks!

James

x

I am able to install and boot into the partition, but when it loads, all I get is a blank blue screen.

What do you recommend to check off in the installer for a Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 Tablet PC so that this can work?

I have previously used the 10.4.6 install dvd by JaS, but I want the newest version of OS X.

you would have to try many times until you get the right config for your machine. I cannot know for shure without having the same hardware you have...but:

Try the default selection (10.4.10 basic install), should work; add the GMA950 driver (under graphics menu) to it. If you get that working then you could do a clean re-install adding the 10.4.11 combo update; and the 8.11.1 kernel (remember to uncheck the 8.10.1).... and so on an so forth...

Hi there,

I successfully installed XXX 10.4.11 in my p4 2.8GHz, Asrock P4i65G, but I haven't been able to have sound (CMEDIA 9761A) and network (Realtek 8101L)...

Can anyone help me getting suitable drivers for audio and nic?

Thanks in advance!

RTL1000 driver could work for your nic; you have to try yourself.

NONE PCI audio cards are working in hackintosh, nor in real intel macs (they dont have PCI slots); PCI cards drivers usually are PPC coded only (G3/G4/G5 powermacs).

EDIT: oh, I see. Your sound is on board. Anyway theres no drivers for thatone; not that I know. You can get a USB audio interface (m-audio makes goodones)...

RTL1000 driver could work for your nic; you have to try yourself.

NONE PCI audio cards are working in hackintosh, nor in real intel macs (they dont have PCI slots); PCI cards drivers usually are PPC coded only (G3/G4/G5 powermacs).

EDIT: oh, I see. Your sound is on board. Anyway theres no drivers for thatone; not that I know. You can get a USB audio interface (m-audio makes goodones)...

Thanks BlackCH for your quick response!

I've been able to use my nic with the Realtek8139 driver of installation DVD... but still no success with audio...

Another question... macosx runs kexts files while booting in verbose mode by default... how can I disable this?

Thanks once again,

SoulSet

May I install it on a formated and clean disk??

yes, you may

I previously tried to install 10.4.6 jas but had problems because of my P965 chipset and sata HDD.

Have these issues been fixed and do i have to do anything to prepare the HDD.

it should work on 965 chipsets without any preparation. Maybe switching to AHCI from the BIOS is needed...

first of all thanks BlackCH for all the work!

ive installed XxX on my acer laptop a couple days ago but its on a usb hd not with me at the moment..

but there are a couple things screwy that maybe you could help me with...

when i installed it when the register and setup guide came up it saw all of the wireless networks and asked me to connect.. however when i got to the desktop it said airport has not been setup and it was no where to be found.. i have a mini pci-e Atheros AR5006X installed (aftermarket)

also.. i know this is a difficult subject.. but ive seen people on the forms with similar acer laptops with working sleep in tiger.. the problem is acer watered down my bios so i cant enable S3 sleep which ive read is crucial in getting sleep to work..

My Specs:

Intel Core Duo T2350 1.86ghz

Intel 945GM Express Chipset

Intel 950GMA Graphics

Atheros AR5006X 108mpbs a/b/g wifi

any suggestions to EFI versions, kernel versisons, and patches i should install to get this successful?

PS: on the previous install i think (but not sure) i chose these:

10.4.11 combo update

efi v8 guid

8.11.1 efi kernel

gma 950

alc 883.6port

ahteros 5004g driver

10.4.3 wireles driver

thanks and again i appreciate all your work

dear all,

first of all sorry if my questions already been asked before...

I just want to know can this xx os x86 10.4.11 support intel gma x3100? And intel wireless i3945 also marvel yukon ethernet ?

Coz I've already tried to install it to my notebook Compaq Presario V3736, but above mentioned hw never worked.... :rolleyes:

I wonder if there's special option / patch should be applied to make these hw works...

Thanks in advance

ps : sorry for my bad english ....

Im downloading the XxX 10.4.11 and the 10.4.10 ppfi patched (both from TPB)

I just wanted to know if I succesfully install one of these and EFI will I be able to install leopard with no problem using the reall cd

for sleeping your computer your best chances are with the 8.10.1 kernel 'cos is compiled from source. Although this is not guarantee it would work... just try

sweet i got it up and running with my wifi with everything almost perfect using that kernel!

only thing is it goes to sleep perfect but it instantly wakes back to the desktop with everything working but then it goes to a solid blue screen with only the mouse cursor (without the powermanagement.bundle from optional installes).. no keyboard response.. any ideas?

if i use the powermanagement.bundle from optional installs sleep just restarts my computer.

thanks for creating this build.. so far it seems the most solid one ive tried on my computer!

peace

Hey guys, Just joined up.

I have a extra laptop laying around and would really like to try this!!!

So its a Dell Latitude D800, I downloaded the files booted off of them and installed it.

When I reboot it just hangs at a black screen with a flashing _

-Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update

from 'Kernel and Kexts' menu:

-no-EFI kexts (all 4 items)

-8.9.1 Kernel Universal + Patches (all 3 items)

-RecommendedPatches (all 5 items)

That's what I checked.

The specs of the laptop is Pentium M 1.8GHz, 1gig of pc2700 ddr memory, nvidia fx5200 go.

I need help I wanna bring this into school and show my teacher, since he said it was impossible.

Thank you ever so much!

So its a Dell Latitude D800, I downloaded the files booted off of them and installed it.

That's what I checked.

The specs of the laptop is Pentium M 1.8GHz, 1gig of pc2700 ddr memory, nvidia fx5200 go.

I need help I wanna bring this into school and show my teacher, since he said it was impossible.

Thank you ever so much!

I am still stuck. My rig is below. Installs fine and when booting, either get still waiting for root device or /windows/Login/appl and stucks there

What shall i do?

Hello everyone,

I have started to install this version onto my new config, but the install couldn't start, stopped immediately with this/these messages (a few seconds after I put the install disk) >

osxerrorjd0.th.jpg

By the way, I can put many versions (from Myzar 4.6 to uphuck 4.9, whatever) onto my old config which was a P4, 6600GT, etc, without serious difficulties, but now.... :angel:

My new config>

E6550, 2G, P35DS3L, 8600GT, SATA hdd

I have a 160gb Sata hdd, which is partitioned into 2 parts; one for xp and the other is for osx86. Acronis OS selector installed too.

I tried to enable AHCI, pull out various USB stuffs, but nothing. Nothing and nothing... Whats wrong?

Thx in advance!

Sorry about the double post but..

It boots now, it goes through all these numbers and stuff then just hangs at a screen with more numbers.

I'll try it again.

Mother :censored2:

EDIT: MAN I wish people would come on here, but it hangs at

"using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Is that a Banias or Dothan Pentium???? very important info..........if you dont know, google siw.exe and run a report

That's what I checked.

Thank you ever so much!