XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

After burning the disk and restarting, I try to boot from the disk and it tells me to "insert a bootable disk", why?

I re-burned the DVD and it loads :D I've just got to figure out the right combination of options and I'me sure it'll boot, tried a few with no luck yet.

I re-burned the DVD and it loads :) I've just got to figure out the right combination of options and I'me sure it'll boot, tried a few with no luck yet.

If XxX_10.4.10 worked, this should do too. besides EFI patches, 10.4.11 update/kernel and a few drivers the rest of the packages are the very same....

Hi BlackChungo,

I installed your 10.4.10 disc and got everything up and working great (other than my motherboards Intel GMA3100 graphics but guess I will have to buy a graphics card to solve that).

Can I do an install with the new 10.4.11 DVD and it will keep all the apps I have downloaded? Or does it format the HD partition?

Thanks for the great work. Much appreciated. Keep it up.

I never did an update from a DVD... I would recommend to do the update manually with the package from apple. theres a few guides on how to do this.....

mmm... I should release a 10.4.11 update combo.... but it wont be soon.

Okay forget the Radeon, I've put a Geforce 6600GT in.

Now my trouble with this release is that I get "unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI" on boot. Uphuck 10.4.9 works fine, I don't see why this one doesn't, as I'm sure I'm installing the same (or similar) patches and kexts.

There will be lots of errors that show up during installation because your motherboard is not equipped the same as a mac motherboard. Therefore, when trying to install airport for example, it will show an error because it can't find it. Can you take a screenshot of where it hangs up on you? What are your detailed system specs?

I'm running AMD Athlon X2 4000+ with a Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2.

Okay forget the Radeon, I've put a Geforce 6600GT in.

Now my trouble with this release is that I get "unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI" on boot. Uphuck 10.4.9 works fine, I don't see why this one doesn't, as I'm sure I'm installing the same (or similar) patches and kexts.

post an exact list of items you're installing plus your system specs and maybe then I can suggest something

ALC888 dont work if use Azalia or ALC 888... :(

Gigabit Yukon Marvell dont work replaced with Realtek 8139 net card -_-

Display works with x1950pro driver... :angel:

I have ABIT IP35-E will be repleced with another on from ASUS soon i hope...

Thanks BlackCH

It's working flawless on my computer (See signature). The only thing that isn't flawless is sound only comes out of one speaker but I'm tracking down the problem (AC '97?). If I can't resolve it I'll just go snatch up one of those USB cards for $15 on eBay and call it a day.

Outstanding release! I think this is the most complete and current OS X Tiger DVD release to date. This is the one you want to download! I'm holding off on Leopard because for some odd reason it's freezing frequently even on a "real Mac."

XxX = <3

so i have downloaded the XxX 10.4.11 disk and it does work amazingly well. i am however, trying to get it to work with pc_efi 8 and the 8.11.1 kernel. i have tried it many times and i continue to get the /boot.plist is not found error. to be honest i have no idea which options to select. some suggestions would be greatly appreciated

intel motherboard dg965ot

1.86 core 2 duo

radeon x300 (would rather use the onboard graphics but it hangs on boot)

2 Gb ram

Sata dvd burner

sata hdd (solely for this project)

sigmatel stac9271 hd audio.

when i normally install it i use a mbr partition with no efi bootloader. plus i select the appropriate drivers and it works fine. when i select the 8.11.1 with a guid partition and pc_efi 8 GUID. damn thing hangs on boot.

thanks

so i have downloaded the XxX 10.4.11 disk and it does work amazingly well. i am however, trying to get it to work with pc_efi 8 and the 8.11.1 kernel. i have tried it many times and i continue to get the /boot.plist is not found error. to be honest i have no idea which options to select. some suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thats extrange; I've tested EFI 8 (MBR/GUID) a lot of times without problem. The 8.11.1. gave me kernel panic unless I boot with -legacy flag, but I think is because my cpu (P d).....

I'll give it a couple of runs again just to re-check...

EDIT

is working OK here (booting with -legacy flag). What I've installed:

-Apple update

-EFI 8 GUID

-kernel 8.11.1 EFI

-All from recommendePatches menu (you wont need the PowerManagement remover in your system...)

-1 Graphics

-1 Audio

-2 Network

-Misc

Installed on a first partition from PATA drive (ICH7)

The verbose mode plist will be also installed so when you boot you will have a countdown. press a key and see if your partitions are listed there. When you apply the GUID patch you'll see one more partition than you've created. this is: hd (0,1), hd (0,2)<<your first partition, hd (0,3)<<your 2nd partition, and so on.

One more thing, you dont need to install any extra ICH8 (965) support; the apple's stock IOATA.kext has already that.

1.86 core 2 duo

2 Gb ram

Sata dvd burner

sata hdd (solely for this project)

sigmatel stac9271 hd audio.

when i normally install it i use a mbr partition with no efi bootloader. plus i select the appropriate drivers and it works fine. when i select the 8.11.1 with a guid partition and pc_efi 8 GUID. damn thing hangs on boot.

thanks

I don't know but I have 2 theories:

if 10.4.10 works for you on your standard MBR (PATA?) hd and does not on the SATA hd maybe the SATA controller on your board is not supported or you didn't choose the appropriate option. I would consult the boards manual or the manufacturers website to find some info about the "southbridge" or the SATA controller. Maybe there is an option for it in the installer.

I don't really understand how this pc_efi/guid thing works, I installed by trial and error and the second attempt worked for me. I think I first tried to install to the second or third partition what didn't work -didn't boot but I didn't even get the "...plist not found" msg, just saw a blinking cursor- then to the first and that worked. I think it boots from the first (hfs+) partition by default and you have to make the other partitions bootable first (but I'm not quite sure about that). I also think I didn't choose a certain kernel, just the 10.4.11 update.

I ran 10.4.11 on an external hd for some hours - no problems yet.

good luck, pilsator

1.86 core 2 duo

2 Gb ram

Sata dvd burner

So, I see your mobo has a ICH8DH. I really ignore if the drivers included would support it. You will have to try installing some ICH8 kexts from the ATA/USB menu.... nevertheless give the stock IOATA a shot too.

Deal all members,I have successful install with this dvd version (selecting default options for install).My hardware:Mainboard: Asrock 4Core-Dual-VSTA (VIA Chipset)AGP: PowerColor ATI 9600 Pro (Device ID 4150) (recognized as PCI (VGA-compatible controller) and has QE/CI)I can run iWork, iLife but it not display any characters, see only menus.Please help me, how to solve this problems.Thank you very much,heng2006 They are iLife 08 and iWork 08.heng2006

AHA!!! as it turns out the disk utility automatically makes a 200MB partition called EFI that is not shown in the graphic interface. upon playing with the fdisk in terminal i made the EFI partition the boot partition and BAM! everything works! well sort of. no more ./boot.plist error. now i'm getting a kernel panic but hell it's somewhere. much thanks to BlackCH and pilsator for the help. you guys rock. if anyone else is getting this problem the way i fixed it was opening terminal and using these commands

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk* (where * is the nujber of the hard disk)
update

f * (where * is the number of the efi partition)

w 
q

(to find out which numbers to use in place of *'s)

diskutil list

by the way i am now getting a "waiting on boot volume" error that i was not getting with the MBR install any clues?

Okay, I've since tried XxX on my "main" PC because the other one I was using just couldn't run much very well. Adobe CS2 on a P4 Northwood 2.8GHz is sloooow (yes, I know, Rosetta).

XxX works just fine (non-EFI) with my ASRock 775Dual-VSTA mobo, but despite selecting the Natit Dual 0.2 video driver, I cannot get my second monitor to work. I get max res (1440x900) on my main one, but the other one just stays black. If I boot back into Windows 2000, it works fine, so physical connections aren't an issue. I'm also using AGPGart 2.2 if that makes any difference.

Any suggestions?

BlackCH: Thanks for offering to help, but obviously I've changed to a different PC now.

I've tested EFI 8 (MBR/GUID) a lot of times without problem. The 8.11.1. gave me kernel panic unless I boot with -legacy flag, but I think is because my cpu (P d).....

I'll give it a couple of runs again just to re-check...

EDIT

is working OK here (booting with -legacy flag). What I've installed:

-Apple update

-EFI 8 GUID

-kernel 8.11.1 EFI

-All from recommendePatches menu (you wont need the PowerManagement remover in your system...)

Thanks for your efforts, BlackCH! Great stuff!! ;)

I followed your above instructions for EFI/GPT-installation. Even though my CPUs are Core2 (see sig), I get an KP on boot unless I use the -legacy flag as suggested. Any idea why?

EDIT: I'm also curious to know what exactly happens under the hood when the -legacy flag is used... :(

Also, in your first post in this thread you mention that it should be possible to run with a vanilla kernel when using EFI/GPT. I've tried, but the boot hangs after a while with NetInfo/mDNSresponder launchd errors. Has anyone been able to get this build running with the 10.4.11 vanilla kernel? If so, how?

TIA for any help and merry X-mas! :)

wp