[HowTo] Intel 8xx 1280x800 Full Support

meddlingBanter

461 posts in this topic

you can get QE support by taking the AppleIntelI915 out of the ApplleIntelI915.kext

and Renaming to to AppleIntelI830 and copying over the one in the Appelinteli830.kext

then set your permissions and do the wheel on it  and reboot

enjoy QE

hatoncat,Aug 22 2005, 07:22 PM

I'll just say this

The Mac community never ceases to amaze me or anyone else involved in making Mac OS X happen.

ill take that ... as a complement

Well can i conclude that QE is not supported for the 855GM chipset with the method described? Anybody with this chipset that has it up and running?

I guess I should be happy with Tiger running @ 1400 x 1050 but hey, if we can manage to get QE working, that would be like...so cool.. :(:D

I have tried the methods as decriped in this topic but when I try to load in the modified AppleIntel830GA.plugin I only get the background without any text or whatever (as reported earlier in this thread)

I also tried to find an update for the bios. I didn't find any...

I'm out of ideas, perhaps we can work this out together ...

I have Intel 855GM and it's not working. I did everything mentioned and now I can change resolution but have no QE. Here is my log:

Aug 24 15:37:39 localhost kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
Aug 24 15:37:39 localhost kernel[0]: ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v5.6
Aug 24 15:37:39 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "Intel830"

My 2 posts in another thread, chipset is 855GME

================================

I have my Fijitsu LOOX T70J (Japanese Model P7010 equivalent) installed and working.

1280x768 and Quartz Extreme works after I patch the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext file (no need to patch AppleIntel830 files), no Core Image.

Built-in keyboard (Japanese) and trackpad works after I set the platform=X86PC kernel flags.

AC97 Audio works fine, even got SPDIF Out recognised.

At first it would lockup on video. Boot into safe mode get me passed that point.

I then applied the patch on AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext and the video works perfect. 1280x768 on LCD, 1600x1200 on external monitor, QE support is there too.

I do have to add platform=X86PC to make my keyboard and track pad to work.

One strange behavior I found on the video. If I boot directly into OS X after power on, it will lockup on video. If I boot into Windows XP first, then restart and boot into OS X. As long as the power stays on. OS X video will work without any problem.

Hope these helps.

Thanks for your valuable information!

Is there any chance you are willing to share your 4 files (AppleIntel830.kext/AppleIntelGraphics.kext/AppleIntel830GLDriver.bundle/AppleIntel830GA.plugin) with us, uhm uhm I mean your Wallpaper :P?

I altered the files too much and lost the originals while doing (Arg, when you drag a file from window to window you actually move the file unlike in Windows where you copy the files)

Are you also running Maxximuss's 0.4 patch?

Thanks in advance!

My 2 posts in another thread, chipset is 855GME

I have my Fijitsu LOOX T70J (Japanese Model P7010 equivalent) installed and working.

1280x768 and Quartz Extreme works after I patch the AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext file (no need to patch AppleIntel830 files), no Core Image.

Built-in keyboard (Japanese) and trackpad works after I set the platform=X86PC kernel flags.

AC97 Audio works fine, even got SPDIF Out recognised.

At first it would lockup on video. Boot into safe mode get me passed that point.

I then applied the patch on AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext and the video works perfect. 1280x768 on LCD, 1600x1200 on external monitor, QE support is there too.

I do have to add platform=X86PC to make my keyboard and track pad to work.

One strange behavior I found on the video. If I boot directly into OS X after power on, it will lockup on video. If I boot into Windows XP first, then restart and boot into OS X. As long as the power stays on. OS X video will work without any problem.

Hope these helps.

i have this chipset too

in windows its listed as:

Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Bios Ver: 3360

with an id off 0x3582

i managed to get it to run at 1280*768 by adding my ID in AppleIntelIntergratedGraphics.kext, but i cant enable QE.

currently i can see that AppleIntelIntergratedGraphics.kext is loaded.

when u say u patched AppleIntelIntergratedGraphics.kext, what did you do?

just add your id?

i tried adding the file from the 915.kext to the intergratedGraph.kext but it fails to load it and it reverts to the lower resolution again

i hope someone can get this chipset working too, that would be awesome :P

scrap my last reply, i've got it working by follwing mactaris

i just did a fresh install of deadmoo.

booted to safe mode with -x

went straight to /system/library/extensions and copied IntelIntergrated...kext to my desktop.

then i opened up the kext on my desktop and edited the info.plist (changed the ID to 0x3582) saved and exited.

then i deleted the original in /sys/lib/ext and placed my edited version instead

then sudo chmod/chown wheel etc etc

reboot and it loads with QE enabled.

BTW, i havent loaded Maxximuss's 0.4 patch yet, im just running a fresh install with the 1 edited file.

Guest User Name
scrap my last reply, i've got it working by follwing mactaris

i just did a fresh install of deadmoo.

booted to safe mode with -x

went straight to /system/library/extensions and copied IntelIntergrated...kext to my desktop.

then i opened up the kext on my desktop and edited the info.plist (changed the ID to 0x3582) saved and exited.

then i deleted the original in /sys/lib/ext and placed my edited version instead

then sudo chmod/chown wheel etc etc

reboot and it loads with QE enabled.

BTW, i havent loaded Maxximuss's 0.4 patch yet, im just running a fresh install with the 1 edited file.

just throwin my 2 cents out there. twice i had to reinstall becouse i edited first , the applied the 3 maxxus patches.the only thing that worked for me is to patch and Then edit the 830.

Shi!! It works! Your da man mactaris.

Funny no one ever thought of that.!

Delete All AppleIntel830 and AppleIntel915 from your /System/Library/Extensions

Here what i've done. Copy all AppleIntel830* from Darwin 8.01 to your /System/Library/Extensions

Note! Leave those files alone. You do not need to edit those.

Now get yourself a copy of AppleIntelIntegrated.kext

(changed the ID to 0x3582)

Save the file!

In Extensions Folder

chmod -R 755 AppleInte*

chown -R root:wheel AppleInte*

reboot.

Wait and Enjoy

PS. No Core Image just yet.

My System ->

Dell 700M

Running Maxxus 0.4 Patch

Shi!! It works! Your da man mactaris.

Funny no one ever thought of that.!

Delete All AppleIntel830 and AppleIntel915 from your /System/Library/Extensions

Here what i've done. Copy all AppleIntel830* from Darwin 8.01 to your /System/Library/Extensions

Note! Leave those files alone. You do not need to edit those.

Now get yourself a copy of AppleIntelIntegrated.kext

(changed the ID to 0x3582)

Save the file!

In Extensions Folder

chmod -R 755 AppleInte*

chown -R root:wheel AppleInte*

reboot.

Wait and Enjoy

PS. No Core Image just yet.

My System ->

Dell 700M

Running Maxxus 0.4 Patch

good job :lol:

Well, I edited the file as the original instructions said, and I was finally able to login under normal boot without error. Quartz Extreme works and finally audio started working. Now I work on wireless.... Thanks to everyone.

i still can't get my QE to work either.

I've got an 865g chipset / video card. the vendor / device id strings gave me the resolutions.. but still no QE. i tried the 915 file renamed in the 830 kext. tried goldenarowana's method.. still no luck.

I can get two video modes without any editting. (can't change it after boot though)

on boot screen,

?video -- shows supported modes (my laptop is natively 1400x1050)

"Graphics Mode"="1400x1050x32" boots to 1280x1024

all other "Graphics Mode" either hang or boot to 1024x768

Well, I edited the file as the original instructions said, and I was finally able to login under normal boot without error. Quartz Extreme works and finally audio started working. Now I work on wireless.... Thanks to everyone.

hey i noticed you had an SD card as a drive.

is that an inbuilt cardreader?

i have one in my laptop but inserting a card doesnt do anything.

now im getting weird problems

when i boot in normal mode i get this:

picture21gk.th.png

when i boot with -x the gui loads up fine and runs at 1280x768 but no QE.

the only way for me to be able to boot normally and have the gui display properly is to remove my edited kext (integratedgraphics) [but i know it works, it worked fine before] B)

this all happened after i installed maxxuss's v4 patch

even once i uninstalled it the problem is still there.

any ideas?

also has anyone got some totally unedited appleintel kexts they could send me?

cheers

Arg, I reinstalled OS/x with a lot of troubles, got it up and running, only modified the kext mentioned but the same result...No QE support. I will try to update the bios: I am running 2xxx, someone managed to get QE support but was running bios version3360

Nadnerb, Have you managed to get QE support with the 855GM chipset, if so, I am really curious to what bios version you are running....

Ps, If you still need those kext files send me a pm