ATi Mobility Radeon x1700

righteye

809 posts in this topic

awesome../

k.. does any one with F3JP get the audio to work completely with headphones and mic?

I have tried with codec dump in internet but don't work . When i have time , I 'll take my own codec dump & try again .

@finetuned : you don't need ATIinject ?

PS : I sill finding a way to use new ATINDRV because the 10.4.5 version is not really stable at boot time . Anyone have information about ATINDRV & ATIinject please post so we can have a better understanding .

send me pm with you sound configures. probably i can help you with audio problem or try this

alc660.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. Now I have to find solution to get my hackbook pro have TV Out. I try PC to VGA Converter this one but it's didn't work. black screen came after apple logo boot finish (start login window). Now I confuse about this stuff because manual say it's support pc and MAC and in system profiles report no display connect

anyone have any idea to get mobility TV out?

P.S my hackbook pro work with lcd monitor (dual screen *Samsung 943nwx 19")

Sorry for the "maybe" dumb question...

I have an ATI Fire GL 5250, I to the kexts and ATI INject from here and it works fine except QE/CI

Now I found that I have to extract my EDID and put it into ATI Inject.

I got the Phoenix Editor tried to extract my EDID under VISTA and it didn't worked.

Got softmccs and hooray - got my EDID.

Splitted it in Text Editor in Pieces of 8 bytes each.

Downloaded Plist Editor Pro...

Now my problems start.

I can't open the Info.plist file in Plist Editor Pro. When I go with terminal to System/Library/Extensions/ATIInject.kext I can cd into it and see under contents the Info.plist.

If I go there with the Plist Editor i can't cd into the plist file.

Now I copied the plist.info to another place. Opend it and it worked.

But NOW! How Do i get my EDID 8 byte blocks from the text/dat File into the Info.plist!!!!

thanks for any help!!!!

Sorry for the "maybe" dumb question...

I have an ATI Fire GL 5250, I to the kexts and ATI INject from here and it works fine except QE/CI

Now I found that I have to extract my EDID and put it into ATI Inject.

I got the Phoenix Editor tried to extract my EDID under VISTA and it didn't worked.

Got softmccs and hooray - got my EDID.

Splitted it in Text Editor in Pieces of 8 bytes each.

Downloaded Plist Editor Pro...

Now my problems start.

I can't open the Info.plist file in Plist Editor Pro. When I go with terminal to System/Library/Extensions/ATIInject.kext I can cd into it and see under contents the Info.plist.

If I go there with the Plist Editor i can't cd into the plist file.

Now I copied the plist.info to another place. Opend it and it worked.

But NOW! How Do i get my EDID 8 byte blocks from the text/dat File into the Info.plist!!!!

thanks for any help!!!!

Open the dat file in text editor ... then get reed of all breaks and pauses between the 8 block byte ... to obtain something like:

00ffffff ffffff00 06af8740 00000000 010f0103 80251778 0a6876a2 5a499f23 134f5400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01019e25 a0405184 0c304020 33006fe5 10000018 0000000f 00000000 00000000 00000000 00200000 00fe0041 554f0a20 20202020 20202020 000000fe 00423137 30505730 34205630 200a00db

then:

right click on ATIinject.kext

Show Package Content

browse to Contents/Info.plist and open it with Property List Editor

find the string LVDS,EDID and paste the EDID data like this:

<00ffffff ffffff00 06af8740 00000000 010f0103 80251778 0a6876a2 5a499f23 134f5400 00000101 01010101 01010101 01010101 01019e25 a0405184 0c304020 33006fe5 10000018 0000000f 00000000 00000000 00000000 00200000 00fe0041 554f0a20 20202020 20202020 000000fe 00423137 30505730 34205630 200a00db>

close the editor

drag the ATIinject.kext to KextHelper

insert the password

install

reboot

;)

If you are unsure about then send me the dat file i'll make the rest for you

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I could really really use some help!.

I have a fresh install of iAtkos v7 which brings me successfully up to 10.5.7. I then plug in my Ethernet and apply all the software updates and then boot up successfully to 10.5.8

My Video is in VGA and I can get one of the two but not Both.

1. I can get the native resolution of 1680x1050 but No QE&CI.

or

2. I can get QE&CI and 1024x768 only with mouse tearing.

This is a Laptop display and a Lenovo T60p with the ATI V5250 card using device ID: 71d4

I have plist edited the ATIinject.kext and inlcluded my EDID info. I have also plist edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do to get my native resolution and QE&CI working?

THanks!

Guess I'm still on my own here..

I reinstalled and managed to get my resolution working however the QE*CI and missing..

What file or kext is responsible for QE*CI?

I could really really use some help!.

I have a fresh install of iAtkos v7 which brings me successfully up to 10.5.7. I then plug in my Ethernet and apply all the software updates and then boot up successfully to 10.5.8

My Video is in VGA and I can get one of the two but not Both.

1. I can get the native resolution of 1680x1050 but No QE&CI.

or

2. I can get QE&CI and 1024x768 only with mouse tearing.

This is a Laptop display and a Lenovo T60p with the ATI V5250 card using device ID: 71d4

I have plist edited the ATIinject.kext and inlcluded my EDID info. I have also plist edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do to get my native resolution and QE&CI working?

THanks!

Okay I give up!. Page 1 of this thread is useless. I mean I appreciate the effort but it doesn't make a lot of sense. You got drivers on there for download but no explaination as to whether they are incremental, meaning you have to start at a certain version of the OSX and work your way up by only updating just certain files or do you just download the updated drivers and scrap the old ones?

I am using OSX 10.5.8. The only reference you have is for 3 device that aren't even mine. 71D5, 71DE, etc. I have device ID: 71D4 and theres' nothing for that.

Within the ZIP file for 71D5.zip is just the RadeonX1000.kext and nothing else. I've tried editing it with my device ID and it always results in a system panic.

Anyhow, just very vague info here and I've had a lot of trouble trying to figure it out..

I just reinstalled OSX again for the millionth time and it's a different experience with these drivers everytime!.

Not worth the aggrevation!.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for what info is here. I"m sure alot of people found what they need. I'm just frustrated with this and have gotten NO responses to my pleas for help so. Forgive my tantrum.

Okay I give up!. Page 1 of this thread is useless. I mean I appreciate the effort but it doesn't make a lot of sense. You got drivers on there for download but no explaination as to whether they are incremental, meaning you have to start at a certain version of the OSX and work your way up by only updating just certain files or do you just download the updated drivers and scrap the old ones?

I am using OSX 10.5.8. The only reference you have is for 3 device that aren't even mine. 71D5, 71DE, etc. I have device ID: 71D4 and theres' nothing for that.

Within the ZIP file for 71D5.zip is just the RadeonX1000.kext and nothing else. I've tried editing it with my device ID and it always results in a system panic.

Anyhow, just very vague info here and I've had a lot of trouble trying to figure it out..

I just reinstalled OSX again for the millionth time and it's a different experience with these drivers everytime!.

Not worth the aggrevation!.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for what info is here. I"m sure alot of people found what they need. I'm just frustrated with this and have gotten NO responses to my pleas for help so. Forgive my tantrum.

Hey Dysan911,

Do not give up buddy ...

I had a ruff week and i did not had the time to come here and check the forum ... also i'll send you a PM ... OK? The solution is about to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This is for all the guys with 71d4 !! Please find the solution below.. Its actually pretty simple...

Prerequisites :

1) 10.5.5 - 10.5.8 with default kexts.

How To : -

1) Basically you would need the EDID for your screen.. i can publish mine but i think its of little importance as it usually differs from screen to screen.

2) Take a back up of all your kexts especially ATI*.

3) Copy ATIRadeonX1000.kext in your desktop or somewhere and go into ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/

4) Modify Info.plist by changing 71DE to 71D4.

5) Use a Hex Editor and modify MacOS/ATIRadeonX1000

6) Search for de71 or 71de ( on 10.5.8 as far as i remember it doesnt have 71de but 10.5.5-6 has)

7) Replace all of them into d471 or 71d4 ( again this depends which OS X version you are using.)

8) Save it ..

9) Place it back in your /S/L/E and do the chmod and chown thing..

10) Restart using -v -f args..

11) You should have QE and CI enabled..

12) You would require ATIinject.kext for Resolution changes and mouse tearing.

13) Use the ATIinject.kext below, modify it to have the EDID of your Monitor.

14) Put it in /S/L/E and do the chmod and chown thing again..

Restart and enjoy 71D4 aka ATI Radeon FireGL in complete Glory with Video Out!! :)

Thanks,

A.Xavier.

My Laptop :

Lenovo T60p 8741-C4A.

ATIinject.kext.zip

Hi Guys,

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me on how to get ATI v5250 (X1700 - 71d4) working in Snow Leopard.. I was able to get QE/CI but even with ATIinject / EFI am unable to get complete Resolution and mouse tearing fixed..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. !!! And RightEye thanks for putting such a wonderful guide up! :D

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Hi Guys,

It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me on how to get ATI v5250 (X1700 - 71d4) working in Snow Leopard.. I was able to get QE/CI but even with ATIinject / EFI am unable to get complete Resolution and mouse tearing fixed..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. !!! And RightEye thanks for putting such a wonderful guide up! :(

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Check my first post updated ... grab the files from the link ... open the plists and edit all where comes 71D5 ... after open AtiRadeonx1000.kext ... to the Contents/MacOS ... open with an hex editor the file AtiRadeonx1000

replace all the instances of D571 with D471 ... install the kexts reboot

all should be fine now

cheers

Hello once again everyone.

Lets wake the dead with this post.

So here is the situation..

I am now up and running on OSX 10.6.1 Snow Leopard. And chanced that any one has been able to recompile the drivers from here to work on the x1700 so that they work on the SL (Snow Leopard)?

i think i have everything else working in the exception of that. So if anyone out there has the knowledge or the ability to to recompile theses drivers that i am going to attach that would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

I have installed them but there does not seem to be any changed to the graphical portion of the SL.

Thank you!

X1700_Drivers.zip

Hello once again everyone.

Lets wake the dead with this post.

So here is the situation..

I am now up and running on OSX 10.6.1 Snow Leopard. And chanced that any one has been able to recompile the drivers from here to work on the x1700 so that they work on the SL (Snow Leopard)?

i think i have everything else working in the exception of that. So if anyone out there has the knowledge or the ability to to recompile theses drivers that i am going to attach that would be greatly appreciated :hysterical:

I have installed them but there does not seem to be any changed to the graphical portion of the SL.

Thank you!

Did you read my last earlier post ? :P

Give that a try ... forget about using all drivers from 10.5.x

cheers

Check my first post updated ... grab the files from the link ... open the plists and edit all where comes 71D5 ... after open AtiRadeonx1000.kext ... to the Contents/MacOS ... open with an hex editor the file AtiRadeonx1000

replace all the instances of D571 with D471 ... install the kexts reboot

all should be fine now

cheers

Thanks Righteye..

I tried your method Righeye.. Used ATIsupport.kext and EVOenabler.kext only as i had hacked my ATIRadeonX1000.kext already.. Edited them as you said.. but was unable to get resolution change and mouse tearing fixed.. and weirdly it says ATI Wormy, unusable. in dmesg..

I came up with another solution ..... i had to dump ATIFramebuffer.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext from SL and use ATINDRV.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext from 10.5.8 .. But i think there should be another way out.. i tried checking for 71DE/DE71 in ATIFramebuffer.kext and IONDRVSupport.kext from SL but no go.. I feel it would be better to have the original SL kext working though.. Cause now we can never use 64bit power of SL.

Edit -----

I tried with dumping only ATIFramebuffer and used ATINDRV.kext from 10.5.8 ... it again seems to work.. But am really not able to understand as to why ATIFramebuffer is giving me problems.. so as of now am using ATI,wormy from 10.5.8 and everything else is from 10.6.. Righteye .. do you have any clue why ATIFramebuffer is not equaling to ATINDRV ???

-------------

Thanks for your Support Righteye.

p.s: why does your avatar show left eye while your name is right eye? is it how it is supposed to be??? :P

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Edit -----

I tried with dumping only ATIFramebuffer and used ATINDRV.kext from 10.5.8 ... it again seems to work.. But am really not able to understand as to why ATIFramebuffer is giving me problems.. so as of now am using ATI,wormy from 10.5.8 and everything else is from 10.6.. Righteye .. do you have any clue why ATIFramebuffer is not equaling to ATINDRV ???

-------------

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Anyone has any clue about this... really need to have this working in pure snow kitty's kexts...

Moreover there are some weird Framebuffer problems in leo... and i dint have that problem in snow kitty's framebuffer but then there are resolution problems..

RightEye.. if you have any information/way out of this problem.. please do let me know.. !!!

Thanks,

A.Xavier

Hello there.

I'm new to the whole Mac thing, so bare with me.

Here goes my two cents:

I have a A8JP with iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8). Fairly easy install and appears to run good so far.

I downloaded the 71D5.zip (according to my device ID), 4ATINDRV.zip and Atiinject.zip from the front page. I have also checked my EDID and as it turns out have the same one as mushroom in the zip pack does. However, the zip only contains a info.plist. Do I have to copy that into a complete atininject.kext or should I just create a folder named kext and drop it in there? Same situation with the 4ATINDRV.

As my device ID and EDID match with already present ones, do I still have to edit any of the files or is it more or less kind of a plug and play thing?

Also, when I installed iDeneb I selected ATY_Init as a driver. Do I have to delete this one before installing the new kexts or will it not interfere?

Thanks a lot guys, your work and help is really appreciated.

I've got QE/CI going, however when I try to install the ATIinject the reboot always results in a black screen.

I have tried different ones, always added my EDID, nothing works so far.

I'm lost and need help.

Floppah,

What model T61 you have and also which video card is it? Device ID?

floppa: Check the attached Info.plist and compare each setting with yours.

It turned out that this setting is important for Asus A8JP Laptops:

<key>@0,backlight-PWM-freq</key>

<integer>210000</integer>

righteye: Could you replace this Info.plist with the ones you collected (AsusA8JP ATIinject/info.plist) ?

The one in the .zip file is an old one which didnt work for me.

Greets, mushr00m.

Info.plist.zip

floppah:

That is a good question. Pure Vanilla wouldnt work because of the Device ID, the PCI Device has on the hardware side.

You could maybe emulate it (via DSDT?).

Then you need a patched ATIRadeonX1000.kext, because this has *no* support for the X1700 (71D5).

The patch replaces all 0xDE71 with 0xD571. This lets the kext handle the card as a 71DE card (X1600).

This is in fact some kind of simulation ;)

Last you have the old ATINDRV.kext and the ATISupport.kext (new, in 10.6). I dont know what these do,

but the Info.plist in ATISupport.kext is patched with the Device ID.

I am using GFX Strings atm, so i dont have a ATIinject.kext. This works fine.

One could do some research, but im happy it runs at least. It took me about 2 months to work it all out.

Greets, mushr00m.