650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

Is anyone else geting a lot of lock ups and kernel panics while running? I am on Golden Kernel 9.0. I have the speedstep and sleep 9.1 kernels and may try those (though I have to use cpus=1 to boot) to see if they make a difference. My system is rock solid in linux and vista and memtest1.70 runs with 0 failures after numerous passes.

Is anyone else geting a lot of lock ups and kernel panics while running? I am on Golden Kernel 9.0. I have the speedstep and sleep 9.1 kernels and may try those (though I have to use cpus=1 to boot) to see if they make a difference. My system is rock solid in linux and vista and memtest1.70 runs with 0 failures after numerous passes.

My system "locks up" when I am running lots of stuff. The music keeps playing and the mouse moves, but nothing responds to clicks/button presses. This has only happened once since I got both cores running (as opposed to every few hours before)

Now I have a new problem, I had everything working and for some reason I went into network config and now my network connection dies after about 10 minutes of a fresh boot. I'm using a Realtek 3189 PCI network card (I think thats the number). I didn't have this problem at all before this. Do you guys have any thoughts on what might fix it? I read through some of other posts about it in this thread, but none of them had a solution. I've tried replacing kext's that might've been modified, but nothing seems to help and I'm probably replacing the wrong kexts.

Does anyone know of a way to reset all network config settings? (As if I had just installed a fresh OS X install)

My system "locks up" when I am running lots of stuff. The music keeps playing and the mouse moves, but nothing responds to clicks/button presses. This has only happened once since I got both cores running (as opposed to every few hours before)

Now I have a new problem, I had everything working and for some reason I went into network config and now my network connection dies after about 10 minutes of a fresh boot. I'm using a Realtek 3189 PCI network card (I think thats the number). I didn't have this problem at all before this. Do you guys have any thoughts on what might fix it? I read through some of other posts about it in this thread, but none of them had a solution. I've tried replacing kext's that might've been modified, but nothing seems to help and I'm probably replacing the wrong kexts.

Does anyone know of a way to reset all network config settings? (As if I had just installed a fresh OS X install)

there configuration files should locate in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/... network.plist

there are two, backup first, and delete them, reboot!

there configuration files should locate in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/... network.plist

there are two, backup first, and delete them, reboot!

Thanks! I'll give it a try right now :)

Edit: I reset the settings and it is still dying randomly :) Looks like I'll be installing fresh again. Oh well, at least I have the process mastered :P

Does anyone have the Marvell 88E1116 lan drivers to work yet? I tried the MikeINs trick but was not successful in getting it to work. I have a spare RTL8139C laying around and tried that as well, but was unsuccessful in getting it to work too. I got almost everything in Leopard to work, obviously except my ethernet card.

One more thing, does anyone get an error while trying to open DVD player, and Photobooth using the kalyway install. When i try to open photobooth the error i get says that my vid card doesnt support it, and when i try to open dvd player it also gives me an error about the video card, any ideas? or does anyone else have this problem. (edit Front Row does not open as well)

i have a NV 7600gs btw...

Hey guys can you tell me if there has been a step by step guide posted on getting Leopard to work on a 680i MoBo (Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus) with only one SATA Harddrive?

I saw a guide on installing it if you have a PATA harddrive, but I can't find anything on installing on a SATA drive.

hi, where is this guide for the ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS? i can't find it.

my configuration:

Intel q6600 4x2.4 Ghz

ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS

4 gig ram

8800gts 640mb

i would be more then grateful if you could send me the link/guide!

cheers.

ff

i have the same exact problem, does anyone have a solution for this? ive already reinstalled leopard

hey guys, was wondering if you could clone a drive from ide to sata with just vista as my other operating system? I really don't want to install another osx operating system because i dont have any more harddrives ;). Thanks. The only options I see are carbon copy cloner which requires another mac os or dd.exe which I have no clue of how to use.

hey guys, was wondering if you could clone a drive from ide to sata with just vista as my other operating system? I really don't want to install another osx operating system because i dont have any more harddrives :D. Thanks. The only options I see are carbon copy cloner which requires another mac os or dd.exe which I have no clue of how to use.

Try this http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html#free

worked for me, just burn to a CD and boot off the CD. Takes a while, best to run it before you go to bed.

Thanks for the tip, took me a while though I had to find the professional version cause it wouldn't work with the same size hdds... :(. Thansk max. Why is everyone using medevils sata kext compared to the stock one? I switched to that but im getting pretty slow marks from xbench with sata even. I was wondering if anything bad would happen if I switched to the standard sata kext. Thanks for the help.

Andyph666

Thanks for the tip, took me a while though I had to find the professional version cause it wouldn't work with the same size hdds... :lol: . Thansk max. Why is everyone using medevils sata kext compared to the stock one? I switched to that but im getting pretty slow marks from xbench with sata even. I was wondering if anything bad would happen if I switched to the standard sata kext. Thanks for the help.

Andyph666

without medevils sata kext, I dont think you will have much luck with sata with these boards, but YMMV of course.

ahhhh i learned that the hard way now. I just had to try the old driver on the sata. So i cloned that back to the ide to see if it would boot and it didnt. Anyone know of any ideas of how to fix it. Now I just get to the apple screen with the constant circle. Nvm I got it solved, I got a bunch of errors from nforceata but I got it replaced with medevils by going into safe mode.

Hi! I have a problem with the damm nForce 650i chipset.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD without vanilla kernel.

Now it dork's nice but only with cpus=1.

When i start it up without any switches it hang's up after ~minute.

What I need to do to get Q6600 fully working?

I need to change kernel (i don't want it!)?

*ABIT S775 NF650I SLI

*MSI GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E 256MB OVERCLOCKED (Dual monitor work's with Punk92 10.5.2 kext's)

*Intel Q6600 CORE2 QUAD 2.4GHZ S775

*RAM KINGMAX 2048 mb DDR2 - 800 MHz running @ 667; CORSAIR 1024 mb 667 MHz CL5 (total 3GB of RAM running @ 667 MHz)

*HDD

1. 200 GB IDE

2. 350 GB SATA

3. 400 GB SATA

4. 80 GB IDE

* Floppy 1.4 MB 3½'' (i realy need it )

* USB 2.0

* LAN nForce Networking Controller

* Fire Wire 400 on PCI slot

Hi! I have a problem with the damm nForce 650i chipset.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD without vanilla kernel.

Now it dork's nice but only with cpus=1.

When i start it up without any switches it hang's up after ~minute.

What I need to do to get Q6600 fully working?

I need to change kernel (i don't want it!)?

*ABIT S775 NF650I SLI

*MSI GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E 256MB OVERCLOCKED (Dual monitor work's with Punk92 10.5.2 kext's)

*Intel Q6600 CORE2 QUAD 2.4GHZ S775

*RAM KINGMAX 2048 mb DDR2 - 800 MHz running @ 667; CORSAIR 1024 mb 667 MHz CL5 (total 3GB of RAM running @ 667 MHz)

*HDD

1. 200 GB IDE

2. 350 GB SATA

3. 400 GB SATA

4. 80 GB IDE

* Floppy 1.4 MB 3½'' (i realy need it )

* USB 2.0

* LAN nForce Networking Controller

* Fire Wire 400 on PCI slot

probably the conflicts deal with 10.5.2 kext.

btw, what is YMMV?

No, the deal isn't with GeForce kext's... When i havn't installed video drivers it did the same, but then it didn't asked for restart just hanged up (for ~5 min)... After some programs started to respond and computer went forword...

Why do you think it is video drivers fault?

On System Profiler it shows:

Processor 2.4 GHz Unknown

Is it ok?

Thanks, Oko

hey guys, was wondering if you could clone a drive from ide to sata with just vista as my other operating system? I really don't want to install another osx operating system because i dont have any more harddrives :hysterical: . Thanks. The only options I see are carbon copy cloner which requires another mac os or dd.exe which I have no clue of how to use.

running perfectly fine with acronis true image 11, download it in windows install it and clone your ide installation to sata. make sure you have medevil's ata kext installed

No, the deal isn't with GeForce kext's... When i havn't installed video drivers it did the same, but then it didn't asked for restart just hanged up (for ~5 min)... After some programs started to respond and computer went forword...

Why do you think it is video drivers fault?

On System Profiler it shows:

Processor 2.4 GHz Unknown

Is it ok?

Thanks, Oko

this is okay for the cpu,

i wanna fix this too but just can't find a way to ...

well, if you encountered that weird panic, you may refer to the post i posted earlier,

in case u're using sata and had a failure of blessing partition ... you may refer to it.

if it's not, no idea at the moment . :(

@stupidicus

thanks

I tried this...http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81411and got all 4 or my cores working. Geekbench score went from just over 2,000 to 6,200 !Major drawback is that trying to connect to the internet causes instant lock-up, so now I'm back to 1 core until I can figure out a fix. Any ideas?
what kernel are you using?
I have installed OSX on IDE Hard drive... I have 2 SATA drives with files on NTFS...THEN... What is the problem? Why it just hangs up often? Can i ever fix this?
lol what