Apple Announces Leopard!

Numberzz

48 posts in this topic

I had tried holding off buying a new MBP until leopard was out and preinstalled. But now that it is officially announced and apple is offering the up to date program (you pay like $10 to update), i couldn't resist anymore.

I just purchased a Mac Mini so it qualifies for the £5 leopard disc. The disc is only supposed to be used on the qualifying Mac but do you think it will be possible to update my Macbook with this disc aswell? Obviously it wouldn't be legal or whatever but would it work? I know the install discs that come with macs only work on the sort of mac they came with but surely the leopard upgrade disc would work on any mac and because os x doesn't use activation keys and what not surely it would be possible?

I just purchased a Mac Mini so it qualifies for the £5 leopard disc. The disc is only supposed to be used on the qualifying Mac but do you think it will be possible to update my Macbook with this disc aswell? Obviously it wouldn't be legal or whatever but would it work? I know the install discs that come with macs only work on the sort of mac they came with but surely the leopard upgrade disc would work on any mac and because os x doesn't use activation keys and what not surely it would be possible?

Okay, a few questions:

We should see an increase in boost correct? I watched the keynote and that program they had had a HUGE photoshop file type of program and finished 21~28 seconds, the 32 bit, finished in at 81 seconds.

Also, I am thinking of selling my LED 2.2 MBP (6 weeks old) for a iMac since I do most audio (and the GPU is not as strong on iMac) but as a employee, we will get the OS free, so, I suppose it's duh to say, wait until Leopard is installed, then sell it.

I also have iWork, Ilife08, Logic, FCP on it, so how much should I get?

The 2nd question is, I wonder if the new FCP will come out - its our there - know someone who saw it - said it was very, VERY apple like, nt like iMovie 08, but Apple like non the less.

Should be interesting to see who can get this working on regular PC's.

Why is the clock counting down from 10/26/07@5:58PM CST. It seams like an odd time to launch the OS.

It's counting down to 6 PM, not 5:58 (still a weird time though). Maybe 6 cause it's the 6th version of OSX? Or cause people will be done with work/school? eh, who cares, it'll be here on the 26th and that's good enough for me.