Office: Mac 2008 Beta Download Available

REVENGE

74 posts in this topic

No links. No pictures. No instructions on how or where to find it. Only my word that a beta version of Office: Mac 2008 is now available for download from "the usual sources". Oh, did I mention I saw a Demon and a PiG today? :P

Oh, and if you happen to get your hands on a copy, be sure to give us your take on the new Office. Thanks. :P

Source: The Reader News Forum

EDIT: Well ok, maybe one image won't hurt, as I didn't even make it.

office2008vg7mu3.th.png

is it faster that 04 version ?

~R

It's insane. There's not even loading - you click on Microsoft Word, it's open. Obviously after the initial time you open it, which it sets up the whole app.

I just un-installed Office 2008, Word and Entourage seemed to be Ok for the most part although I was rather concerned to hear Entourage calls home (apparently) also entourage had some niggling issues (wouldn't remember to use month view on the calendar, my day wouldn't display all day events)

Excel seems to have a memory / cpu issue as it was using almost 100% cpu whenever I had it open and kept stopping while it thought about stuff before doing it.

I didn't try power point so I cant comment on that one.

Still it shows great promise for what we can expect in January assuming they stick to the current schedule! I am now even more impatient and excited!

Did anybody actually read the Software License Agreement?:

3. TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE. The software will stop running sixty days after you install it. You will not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running.

We need to start looking for a "fix".