Dell XPS M1330 Hardware

smellyshoes90

322 posts in this topic

hm..no luck either, tried both nvinject and natit didnt work

After 3 hours of trying, and a corrupt leopard install I have found the solution... Just download those two zip folders, ut one into extensions and the other into frameworks... then go to ( http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php ) and download Latest_NVinject-NVinjectGo_0.1.7_installers.zip ... now extract it, (repair disk permissions) then launch NVinject0.1.7-Leopard... do not try any other installer, I have .. they just mess things up... reboot and your golden

i tried that :)

the nvinjectgo installers has 4 versions are you sure you used the nvinject0.1.7-leopard an dnot nvinjectgo0.1.7? i tried both and it still didnt work

also it seems that i cant reboot/shutdown properly when the nvinject kext is there

edit: wow thanks Zeke! - i swear i tried the same method as you but it didnt work the first time round. it works now...can you confirm about the shutdown/restart issue? i've been playing around trying to get it to work and whenever i use natit.kext or nvinject.kext, the system does not power off or restart properly - is it because of speedstep?

Do any of your M1330s get sleep at all in Leo? Just curious. Might pick one of these up at some point.

Nope, and after installing NVinject it doesnt shut down... it goes to a black screen where everything is off, but i have to hold down the power button....

I'm trying to get audio working, but i didnt make my own linux dump.. I tried to load the two listed on this fourm, but they dont work.... here is what the patcher says :

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.18

Leopard Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x83847616 Done

* Checking AppleHDA for patch

Done

000172aa cmpl $0x83847616,%edx

0001886a cmpl $0x83847616,%edx

* Checking for SPDIF Out Not Detected

* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected

* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Back Mic: 7 27 21 11

Speaker : 13 2

* Copying new config to destination Done

* AppleAzalliaAudio detected

* Removed Done

* Repairing Permissions Done

** Done patching - You can reboot now **

For the record, I know only the headphones should work, but they aren't.

i'm having trouble installing efi_v5.2

according to the guide unmount the drive which leopard is installed in, but i'm stuck in this step because it won't let me unmount the partition. I have think it's because i'm running off that partition, but how do you guys get past this part?

The better way to install the PC EFI is to boot in Single User Mode (-s at boot prompt) and do not mount volume as RW just install from the iamefi directory.

Do any of your M1330s get sleep at all in Leo? Just curious. Might pick one of these up at some point.

Yeah, we gain something but lost something too, in any case sleep didn't work before 10.5.2 Nvidia kexts. And the shutdown Issue could be fix on the final release of 10.5.2

I you get one dont forget to bought one with Dell Truemobile WiFi Card, the damn Intel one does not work.

i paid $10 for the dell truemobile - worth every penny spent on that. i dont really mind if there is still no audio off the speakers or the card reader doesnt work.

hardware acceleration was a major compatability issue that i'm glad is finally solved. santa was here early for me :)

can anyone confirm my earlier issue about how their fans are running with PC EFI? i've installed WITHOUT PC EFI and would like to know if the processor is running at max speed all the time?

I am planning to do some soldering with the Headphone Jack to the Speakers connectors with very thinner cables if Taruga new solution doesn't work.

No issues with fans here, when Temperature Monitor shows 60+ the fan increases it speed, below that fan is very quiet.

PC EFI has nothing to do with Proc Speed, only with ACPIThrotle and the speedstep app could modify the processor speed (of course with the apropiate kernel)

my system doesn't seem to shutdown or restart properly. The monitor would turn off, but I can still hear the system being on. I have to manually hold down the power button everytime to turn off the computer. Is this common with everyone else in the iATKOS release?

That issue is reported on many other installations, not only iATKOS, I had proper Shutdown and Restart but since I installed The 10.5.2 Nvidia Kexts and O-GL framework that issue appeared in my Dell too.

been gone for a while...

Ok,so I was testing out iatkos onmy m1330 (after killing my self-patchd leopard install...loads of wasted time..lol)

After install, it boots up just fine, everything's recognized but then when i restart, I get a kernel panic. In verbose mode, it stops when recognizing my partitions. When i boot with the "-x", it boots but my wireless card officially disappears.

I ran into both of these problems when I self-patched leopard initially but I can't remember how i fixed them for the life of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Does anyone have their powermanagement working properly... or at least have the battery showing the % remaining? I replaced the powermangement kext, but its still not working.

Thanks

For battery you need modded PowerManagement BUNDLE not kext

Macgirl, can you try this codec please?

Sure, I'll test and post my findings in a moment.

For battery you need modded PowerManagement BUNDLE not kext

can you post your PowerManagement? if you have an installer i'll be happy :)

now i installed the kalyway package but after upraded kext to accelerate video card i lost shutdown feature! :S

I don't remember how to start with different kernel.. when i installed kalyway I selected vanilla kernel and efi 8 MBR type. now i have a mach_kernel, TOH and a vanilla on my disk root how to select one from darwin boot or from apple....boot...

thank you!

Able to boot vista now with Chain0 in Vista's directory. Forgot to set active disk. Vista bootloader now

displays Mac OS option but does not boot Mac when selected. Any idea how to link up the Mac to the bootloader?

Finally everything's working until I turn off Darwin bootloader and OS X refuse to boot. How dumb.

can you post your PowerManagement? if you have an installer i'll be happy :)

now i installed the kalyway package but after upraded kext to accelerate video card i lost shutdown feature! :S

I don't remember how to start with different kernel.. when i installed kalyway I selected vanilla kernel and efi 8 MBR type. now i have a mach_kernel, TOH and a vanilla on my disk root how to select one from darwin boot or from apple....boot...

thank you!

You can download the PowerManagement.bundle from here:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2727

The shutdown issue is known, if you want it again move NVDAResman or NVinject from extensions folder, of course you end without QE/CI.

To load a differnet kernel at boot you just tyoe it's name, the only restriction is that it has to be the first boot parameter, it would look like this:

mach_kernel.speedstep -s -v -x "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32"

dont think shutdown/restart will work properly until the near future
Maybe when the 10.5.2 update reach the final stage.

Guys, help required here. I sucessfully installed Leopard 10.5.1 onto my XPS, Intending to dual boot

with Vista. But accidentally wiped Vista's boot option. Anyway I can recover Vista?

Yes you can, you can follow the following guide.

The important thing is that you need to make active the vista partition prior to recover the bootsector. Once Vista is good you can make active the Mac partition from Vista's DISKPART if you want to switch of course ^_^

Guide: [Guide] The Fool-Proof Vista & XP / Mac OS X Dual-Boot Guide

macgirl: did you manage to try out that audio kext by eightballbill?

Not yet, I'm dealing with reinstalling on a new Disk, I copied everything and worked right away, but Windows XP doesn't want to load properly so I'am reinstalling it on the new disk, I tried to set it as GUID Disk, everything works but XP, even XP x64 does not work.

Once I finish this I will test that codec dump file (it is not a kext).