322 posts in this topic

holy {censored} this is pissing me off, i cannot GET ANYTHING TO BOOT PAST'

IOAPIC: VERSION 0X20 Vectors 0:23

i have tried every boot flag including

-x -s -v

cpus=1

platform=x86pc

everything, dual core off, ATA, ecty ect

the ONLY dvd i get to boot is ToH, yet i havnt gone thru installing it, i really dont want leopard, XxX 10.4.10 Does the same thing as all my other versions.

ANY IDEAS?

i was able to get everything to boot on my e1705, but this damn ,m1330 is killin me....

i have the c2d t7250

1 gig ram, 8400GS

i dont understand

Well after days of trying to get Leopard installed on a M1330, I have finally succeeded =) After countless reboots, reinstalls etc, I wrote myself an install guide for future reference, it's quite brief but I thought some people here might find it useful. My thanks go out to all the previous contributors on this site, I would have been totally lost without this place.

1 - Create 15Gb FAT32 partition, make active.

2 - Boot into OSX86 Leopard Install CD, patch USB also inserted. (AHCI and Flash cache enabled)

3 - Diskutility: Erase FAT32 partition and make 'OSX Journaled', Volume Name; 'Leopard'

4 - Terminal: Make disk bootable - see http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...p;sk=t&sd=a

First post, under 'MAKING IT BOOTABLE'

5 - Install Leopard, 'Customize' and de-select all options.

6 - After install has finished but before the restart countdown has finished, open Terminal.

7 - Terminal: Apply 9a581PostPatch.sh

8 - (Prevents the system from hanging on boot) Still in Terminal, remove Natit.kext, see

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry541930

Post 8

/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext

sudo: mv Natit.kext Natit.kext.post

9 - Reboot into OSX Leopard.

10 - (To fix 8400M GS tearing issue) Edit /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist and add:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

11 - (Audio, headphone only) AppleHDA 1.16 see, http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

Audio codec see http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...65918&st=80 POST 85

12 - EFI v5, see http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=72493

But before you reboot and download the updates, open Terminal:

cd /Volumes/<Volume name>/System/Library/Extensions/

mv AppleEFIRuntime.kext AppleEFIRuntime.kext.post

Reboot and it should now be running =)

h, i've just installed leo on a xps1330 with 8400gs..

i did this:

-installed tiger (uphuck 1.3) [ahci enabled] only with kernel for intel

-at reboot using leo dvd TOH I deleted all files in macdisk (rm -rf *) from terminal

-installed leo

-at startup press F8 and use -legacy option

-it works

- add to com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flag</key>

<string>-legacy</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x32</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>8</string>

add the last if you want to use multiboot from darwin

now i need to set up audio, HDA doesn't work.. i'm waiting for the usb2eth and a patch for my video card :)

bye

BTW if anyone has a permanent fix for the 8400M GS tearing issue that allows both cpu's to be running, I would love to know how you did it.

I had tearing problem only with 10.4.8, afte 10.4.9 update no sign of it anymore, and never with Leopard.

Which kexts of Nvidia do you had installed?

now i need to set up audio, HDA doesn't work.. i'm waiting for the usb2eth and a patch for my video card :rolleyes:

bye

Check the AppleHDA Forum on the X Labs Section, you can only have sound through headphones jack now with the applehda patcher 1.16

Which kexts of Nvidia do you had installed?
None that I know of. However the tearing hasn't occured since I followed Kuntz' resolution fix above. I have my fingers crossed that the tearing is now permanently fixed.

Anyone had any luck installing EFI on Leopard?I just tried it using boot_v8 and Leopard stopped booting. When booting up using -v, everything appears to load fine, but after all the text scrolls by, it just hangs on the blue screen.

Check the AppleHDA Forum on the X Labs Section, you can only have sound through headphones jack now with the applehda patcher 1.16

thank you.. i'm trying.. some questions:

-can you see the battery level in the top bar?.. i saw it during leo installation but not now!

-i'm using the -legacy kernel flag but i don't know if it decrease the performance.

-some news about network? (i'll try for wired broadband... i hope it works)

Anyone had any luck installing EFI on Leopard?I just tried it using boot_v8 and Leopard stopped booting. When booting up using -v, everything appears to load fine, but after all the text scrolls by, it just hangs on the blue screen.

Yes, I installed EFI on Leo but I prefer v5 instead of v8 because of the hans with v8 (this also happens on my AMD rig).

thank you.. i'm trying.. some questions:

-can you see the battery level in the top bar?.. i saw it during leo installation but not now!

-i'm using the -legacy kernel flag but i don't know if it decrease the performance.

-some news about network? (i'll try for wired broadband... i hope it works)

Yes I can see my battery (I set up on the Energy Saver Preference Pane)

-legacy dose not decrease performance, buy you can have vanilla kernel without -legacy flag with EFI (so you can run 64bit apps)

no wired net drivers for now, there are no broadcom 59xx for Mac OS yet.

anyone have updates with iatkos with the m1330? i'll try it on the weekend too

edit: install experience was similar to XxX and Uphucks but with iatkos readme about darwin bootloader - nothing major to report - still have tearing even after adding the graphics mode key - installed NTFS driver but i dont even see any of my ntfs drives when osx starts (someone please help?). speedstep works on non efi as expected. startup time is longer than tiger

although this is to me by far the best install - only thing missing now is a display driver

anyone have updates with iatkos with the m1330? i'll try it on the weekend too

edit: install experience was similar to XxX and Uphucks but with iatkos readme about darwin bootloader - nothing major to report - still have tearing even after adding the graphics mode key - installed NTFS driver but i dont even see any of my ntfs drives when osx starts (someone please help?). speedstep works on non efi as expected. startup time is longer than tiger

although this is to me by far the best install - only thing missing now is a display driver

A few comments... about my m1330 and iATKOS

I tried to boot off the DVD, I got to the installer, Formatted the entire drive into 1 HFS Journaled Partition... WIth MBR. Then i selected the drive, Went into coustimise, selected EFI and hit install. ... I got though the install... and rebooted to a flashing "_", any advice on what Ive done wrong. I noticed something in the utilities menu something along the lines of EFI loader/patcher, so i Hit Yes, i typed in the disk # (0) and the parititon # (1)... Then it said it couldnt write to a read only device... and couldnt unmount, although it said to reboot.... I rebooted and i got the same thing... I've tried this about 10 times already any advice?

Also, I'm pretty sure the 8400 GS will be working before chrismas. I guess the Driver is in the 10.5.2 package, and if you put the KEXT on 10.5.1 it should work... (I think)

Thanks

because i originally had tiger installed, i wiped the still active partition and then just proceeded with the darwin boot loader as per readme.

you must type "1" (not zero for disk0) and then followed by your mac partition. do not proceed if you have an unmount error. then install as normal. remember that if you choose EFI emulation you will not have speedstep - i forgot about that and had to reinstall. i have not tried the EFI installation because i need speedstep over a vanilla kernel, fan's run quiet now and only spins when its hot, but i guess if you choose EFI then it will run continuously like XxX's install (i may be wrong so please correct me).

update: as expected, vmware fusion still does not work because it needs QE - i'll try parallels and report back. fingers crossed some miracle will happen with the display drivers, then as macgirl said, i can dump windows for good. so if anyone is trying the 10.5.2 kexts please post back (macgirl please respond?) ;)

can someone please kindly outline the steps of getting the QE/CI to work for this card? i've tried copying the kext and framework and reboot into native resolution but CI still says 'software' - also the unit does not power down/restart properly anymore. used nvinject 0.1.7

backup your 10.5 or 10.5.1 kexts and OpenGL.Framework,

delete the kext and the OpenGL.Framework

Unzip the kexts and put them in the /System/Library/Extensions folder

Unzip the framework and put it in the /System/Library/Frameworks folder

Put NVinject.kext or Natit.kext (choose one not both) in the /System/Library/Extensions folder

If you are in Tiger delete Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache

Reboot

Enjoy.

Merry Christmas from SantaApple.