Dell XPS M1330 Hardware

smellyshoes90

322 posts in this topic

I did not have response, so here I am again.

Hi,

I've tried to inject the right audio codec (codec0.txt, post85) with AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16 (drag & drop on the patcher/open with the patcher) but no way, the headphone sound is not working.

Somebody has a idea ?

& last question : is there a way on darwin boot to set up a default start up volume ?

(on windows boot manager, first i have to select mac os, then i have to press return key & finally i must choose for the default start up volume)

Thx u in advance

---------------

XPS 1330 dual boot (Vista ultimate/Leopard 10.5.1)

GeForce 8400GS working

Wifi 4965AGN not working

Sigmatel sound neither :(

I've tried both methods & nothing happen.

dragging codec.txt to the HDA patcher, the app itself

opened codec.txt with the patcher

After reboot, no sound in my headphone

Am I suppose to get a king of message of the patcher ?

please help !

Hey all,

Running on Leo on an Inpriton 1420 here, but shares most of the same hardware. Just a quick question concerning the Sigmatel 9228 issues. I've applied the HDA patch using a 9228 codec dump (my own from Ubuntu) and the v1.16 patcher, so I have sound only from the left hedphone jack. As I understand it, the only issue w/ the patch is that it is mapping the connections incorrectly from the codec dump...is this the case? If so, wouldn't it be technically possible to try (via trial and error) to edit the codec.text file to correctly direct the oputput to the internal speakers in addition to (or instead of) the headphone jack? Has anyone attempted this? Thanks!

Mike

I think it needs more patched driver. In previous Ubuntu the normal driver did the same, sound only trhu headphone, even Vista without "updated" drive did the same, if you visit ALSA forums there are some discussions about this issue on Stac 9228. So I gues it need a different aproach.

I did't test any release of iAtkos, so I don't know.

So it really sleeps? and you have QE and CI? With which kexts?

Which options did you chose when installing?

With Nvidia 10.5.2 kexts it does not shutdown or reboot automaticaly, needs to push power button until shutoff. without thos kext shutdown and reboot works fine.

Sleep works :(, Shutdown/Reboot doesn't. I replaced the files with the 10.5.2 kext's, and changed OpenGL.framework, I also added NVinject... then it worked... I highly recommend iATKOS (r2)

Lets figure this audio thing out, and quick :) For the record.. when I had the m1210, originally just the speakers worked, eventually something came out allowing for speakers to work, maybe a new patcher, or a new codec...

hey,

i'm using the ToH osx, and i have sound working, and with nvinject it recognizes the 8400m (obviously not work/enable quartz though).

i wanted to know if there were any way to install pc efi for the ToH version so that i can get my graphics to work with the boot file you gave us, and lose some of the 'noise' / get quartz working, or if i need to download another version of 10.5 so i can install pc-efi and use your string

(can i use ToH somehow with the Boot.plist you posted?)

I think it needs more patched driver. In previous Ubuntu the normal driver did the same, sound only trhu headphone, even Vista without "updated" drive did the same, if you visit ALSA forums there are some discussions about this issue on Stac 9228. So I gues it need a different aproach.

"The m1330 has the usual Intel HDA audio with a Sigmetal STAC9228 codec. There’s nothing unusual about this, but the codec is hooked up in an unusual way that confuses the driver in 2.6.22. A small patch is needed to un-confuse it, which is available here. After applying the patch, it’s also necessary to force the model parameter to be 5stack. This doesn’t quite match the hardware configuration but it’s close enough and provides a digital audio output (which is routed through the HDMI connector). Apparently 6 channel analog output is also possible by reusing the two headphone jacks and the mic input. I have not verified this, however."

- http://intr.overt.org/blog/?page_id=56

there are 2 links:

1. http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/...uly/001784.html

2. http://intr.overt.org/m1330-files/alsa-stac.diff

Hello everyone,

Anyone have an insight to my problem here?

Here's what I did, using GParted, I formated my entire HD fat32, then booted using Using iAtkos 1.0i r1, F8 -v option. Disk Utility, erase as Vol format Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Did the boot darwin with sucess. (Selected 1 and 1)

At customize window selected EFI with the 2 options checked.

After install I get the blinking "_" so i booted with GParted again, selected the HF+ and changed the flag to Boot.

Rebooted and still get the "_" again. I went back and tried the flag, unflag, flag Boot again, but still blinking "_"

Any settings on the BIOS i should set before install? I have pretty much everything on default.

Thanks!

my m1330 has the dedicated video card.

I'll give iAtkos r2 a shot.

Hello everyone,

Anyone have an insight to my problem here?

Here's what I did, using GParted, I formated my entire HD fat32, then booted using Using iAtkos 1.0i r1, F8 -v option. Disk Utility, erase as Vol format Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Did the boot darwin with sucess. (Selected 1 and 1)

At customize window selected EFI with the 2 options checked.

After install I get the blinking "_" so i booted with GParted again, selected the HF+ and changed the flag to Boot.

Rebooted and still get the "_" again. I went back and tried the flag, unflag, flag Boot again, but still blinking "_"

Any settings on the BIOS i should set before install? I have pretty much everything on default.

Thanks!

my m1330 has the dedicated video card.

I'll give iAtkos r2 a shot.

Thats weird... sorry, I have no idea.... but with on my latest install, I did this

1. Boot with the orignal uphuck dvd

2. Go to diskutil

3. Format the drive in HFS (MAKE SURE TO DO MBR, rather than GUID)

4. Shut down

5. Load up uphuck r2

6. Install

7. boot into mac...

Thats weird... sorry, I have no idea.... but with on my latest install, I did this

Cool, i got it to work, I guess I forgot to select the Macbook option in gparted.

Anyways with F8 -v my boot freezes at

localhost airportd[76]: Error: ACInterfaceGetPowerPreference() failed

Ideas?

Ok sweet i deleted Natit.kext and it booted on up!

Hi everyone !

first of all, i'm french so maybe i won't be much clear speaking about specific terms, i apologize in advance for that ^^

So i am going to get a dell xps 1330 and as you can guess, i'm very interested in getting mac os X on it (to be honnest, i've waited for the macworld to come, hoping that they would release the laptop of my dream but it wasn't the case... fu**n' macbook air !)

But as i was once again too quick, i didn't watch your very interesting post on the installation of Mac OS on this laptop BEFORE ordering my xps, that's why i discovered the wifi wouldn't work with the intel wifi card in it, and it's for me a necessity to have internet with Mac OS, otherwise it's just not worthing.

My question is pretty simple :

-first is it worthing to wait for a possible drivers updates that would provide throught a patch something for this intel wifi-n card ? (i suppose it is not possible to answer this question, but as i'm not very informed (even though i've tried to get up to date on this mac osx86 project the last 2 days ^^) i hope you understand i may ask stupids questions ...)

-and in case i have to buy a new wifi card, as it's too late to command it on the dell site with my laptop, and as it's seem quite expensive in france to buy the wifi card of dell (the one which works without any other drivers to put), can i buy another wifi card from another constructor as broadcom, and in this case, which card would be running well on the xps m1330 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers, et many thanks to all the people here who have helped everybody throught those 11 pages to install mac OS on this laptop (special thanks to macgirl, who has always tried to help lost people around here, and as a futur lost guy who is going to spend some days trying to get OS X to work well, i'm pretty sure i can imagine how annoying i'm going to be ^^)

@+

-first is it worthing to wait for a possible drivers updates that would provide throught a patch something for this intel wifi-n card ? (i suppose it is not possible to answer this question, but as i'm not very informed (even though i've tried to get up to date on this mac osx86 project the last 2 days ^^) i hope you understand i may ask stupids questions ...)

very difficult to know when it'll work! i've the same card but i removed it!

-and in case i have to buy a new wifi card, as it's too late to command it on the dell site with my laptop, and as it's seem quite expensive in france to buy the wifi card of dell (the one which works without any other drivers to put), can i buy another wifi card from another constructor as broadcom, and in this case, which card would be running well on the xps m1330 ?

@+

I buyed that it has arrived in 10 days from Germany to Italy. It is a b/g wireless with broadcom chip, it is recognised as a Airport Card so no additional driver you'll need to use it. He is a good ebayer! :D

Hi everyone !

first of all, i'm french so maybe i won't be much clear speaking about specific terms, i apologize in advance for that ^^

So i am going to get a dell xps 1330 and as you can guess, i'm very interested in getting mac os X on it (to be honnest, i've waited for the macworld to come, hoping that they would release the laptop of my dream but it wasn't the case... fu**n' macbook air !)

But as i was once again too quick, i didn't watch your very interesting post on the installation of Mac OS on this laptop BEFORE ordering my xps, that's why i discovered the wifi wouldn't work with the intel wifi card in it, and it's for me a necessity to have internet with Mac OS, otherwise it's just not worthing.

(...)

@+

Hi, Esthetik, I fully agree with you and I am french as well ;-)

I am willing to buy an XPS as it represents 'harwardly speaking' the machine I was waiting from Apple. I read that almost everything was working except the LAN which is a pain though it can be solved through a third party chip (but how to install it, is it difficult?).

I wrote you an email in your inbox (forum inbox as I don't have the real one) and maybe we could team to have the same experience?

Jerome

Jake123 I will try to install itakos on another disk and see if I could get proper SLEEP zzz ;)

which options did you chose when you installed?

Headup, I just reinstalled.. and sleep doesn't work.. but I think it has to deal with the way I installed the Graphics driver, before I replaced the kexts and frameworks, this time i used some automated installer....

But, I only install EFI.

Looks like we have a sudden influx of new XPS-OSX user. Guys, before posting please kindly read the entire topic. It's not that long,

you WILL come to understand that most problem has been resolved and new posting is encouraged only to NEW developement

or NEW problem/issues. So please stop asking how this work or that, look thru. Can't understand then post. Don't

expect the community to spoonfeed you. Be efficient and don't waste time by looking thru repeated posts. Thanks.

@sarcoptic there is a PowerManagement.bundle on the Devilhood's Dell thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15474

it has several files, the one which is PowerManagement.bundle.Leopard.tar.gz, best combination is to use with the AppleSMBIOS.kext posted there too it called AppleSMBIOS.EFI.1.0.12.macdotnub.zip

@smellyshoes90 I'm planning to do a compalition of guides, tips, files and solutions for the M1330 on the Genius Bar