Your Opinion upon eastern countries

madhur

Do you like Indians.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of India and other eastern countries.

• I really like em and their culture
    • They Are okay
    • they are all terrorists and the culture is to kill

22 posts in this topic

Well i was playing pool on yahoo games and a majority of people did not want me in the chat room, because when they started to say racist things i started to defend myself and than they started insulting the eastern countries and their culture. I have a lot of friends from around the world and America who come to my Spiritual Guru's tomb for Pilgrimage(Meher Baba) who are very nice to me and are very close friends of mine, but Do the average American's hate India. What do you guys think of India, and other countries. just Curious.

Madhur.

Peace

The Middle Eastern and southern eastern continents have many countries with high mystic, spiritual and practical values. Its the generalized opinion of a few percentage of people that countries in this continent create terrorist and hence countries such as India, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan are looked upon countries that create terror. When i said eastern countries, its this generalization of people that I wanted to point out. Actually my point is based upon the fact that racist do generally state stereo types like all South Indians Eat fried rice and every Sikh is a terrorist just because of the length of his beard, so I do understand the richness in every community, country and individuals.

Hope Misunderstandings are cleared Hecker,

Regards.

Peace

Madhur

I love 'em. Went to Syria and Lebanon for my holidays in May - fantastic places - Syria has amazing people, great food, world class Roman sites & is soooo cheap! Beirut was also an incredible place, went out to Mono in Achrafieh, couldn't believe how chilled it was - bit different from Manchester! Soldiers on every corner, but no trouble at all, just the occasional suicide bomber to disturb our drinking....

thats what i meant "middle eastern,countries".........cheers... make sure yall vote...
You say eastern like they are all the same. You probably think that all south americans eat burritos and drink tequila all day and that all asians like fried rice. I'm not trying to start a fight here but I believe that eastern countries are not all the same and thus should not be classified as if they were.

hecker

real sorry i do believe every country has its own identity just like every individual, apologizes hecker
Thanks. I'm not from a middle eastern country myself but I am a foreigner in the country I reside at the moment (Germany, for those of you who are curious) and it really annoys me when people think they know something about other countries (or continents) based on the bit of information they get from the (usually misleading) media. I believe that if an individual should be categorized, then it should be based on their unique values and not in a generic fashion.

Cheers,

hecker

PS:

The Middle Eastern and southern eastern continents have many countries with high mystic, spiritual and practical values. Its the generalized opinion of a few percentage of people that countries in this continent create terrorist and hence countries such as India, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan are looked upon countries that create terror. When i said eastern countries, its this generalization of people that I wanted to point out. Actually my point is based upon the fact that racist do generally state stereo types like all South Indians Eat fried rice and every Sikh is a terrorist just because of the length of his beard, so I do understand the richness in every community, country and individuals.

Hope Misunderstandings are cleared Hecker,

Regards.

Peace

Madhur

I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate India and all eastern countries. They are a breeding ground for terrorists, and they are all western-hating terrorists. They never have, and never will contribute anything to the world or to western intellectuals. The only reason they have any power whatsoever is due to their oil. When that runs out, they will be nothing. They are all inferior, and Islam is a hateful, violent religion.

edit:

</sarcasm>

Eastern countries are all right, as long as they know their place. Such as making Nikes for 8 cents an hour.

What I can't stand is when lesser countries (basicly anywhere west of seattle or south of the rio grande) think that they shouldn't be slaves. Obviously they should. God made it so.

;)

EDIT: There will be no edit closing sarcasm. Don't wait for it.

I don't mind Eastern Countries and don't see why I would. I wouldn't want to live in one however. Don't take racist jokes to heart, a lot of times they are really funny anyway. (As long as you aren't actually racist of course)

Honestly, I don't think India is so much a concern for the average American at the moment. If the past 50 years have taught us anything its that ignorance fuels racism. We've made some great strides in addressing this... no doubt there are many more left. I have faith that in a free and democratic society, it is only a matter of time. As our sensibilities evolve so will our society.

It's kind of hard for many to sum up their opinion of entire regions in just a paragraph or two... especially when having to filter through all the sensationalism being fed to us on CNN and the like. Balancing national pride and optimism while granting others the recognition they deserve hasn't been an American strong point either.

If polls are any indication, I think the major concern on most minds these days is the rising influence of Islamic extremism. This more than anything favors our perceptions of people and places we know little about. I might recommend some gems I found on iTunes U.

iTunes U>American Public Media>Religion & Philosophy>Islamic Studies

Currently there are four podcasts that really lay the topic bare. While giving insight, they also give hope.

I know it is easier to watch the gore and violence on the news and formulate an opinion just on that. These podcasts expose some of the dialog against extremism that we never hear about. Some are even looking at Islam in the West as its rebirth and as the best hope for peace. They really are a compelling listen so I hope you take the time and do so.

Dave

First of all I do not practice religion, as I believe God can not be preached but loved. NOW referring to the islam situation, I truly believe it has gone out of hand but If you look at Christianity its slowly but surely turning into something extreme, don't get me wrong I believe The Bible is a amazing scripture, which has a infinite possibility to help humanity but I feel christianity is going out of hand. When I look at the morning talk's and the Jesus would want you to do this and that, it just feels so superficial but when i see the cross or when I look at the paintings of the crucifixion or when I read the Bible it has a endearing effect on me unlike going to church which can be a double aged sword these days.

Quite frankly I chose the last option because there was no 4th option.

Ill tell you why.

I frankly don't care about them, their culture, or their cow worshiping religions. As long as they stay there, where they are at, I am fine with it. Trade with them, and benefit from their culture, and innovations.

But just don't come over here. The establishment has planned to do this for decades. They got women into the workplace so they could pay taxes. They manipulated the civil rights movement to get more control in taxes yet again, as well as using it as a double punt to attack blacks in inner cities, and label them criminals when they are not. And now they are letting the mexicans come over the border. Quite frankly I don't give a damn what the color of your skin is. If you are going to try to become an American, GOOD, GREAT, I am ALL HAPPY FOR YOU, and WELCOME YOU.

HOWEVER, if you come over that border waving some other country's flag, you are bound to either get mulled, run over, beat up, shot, or killed by the residents in that country. If you come over here to steal our money, and take it back to your own country, then you should be dubbed a foreign enemy combatant, and tried in a fair court of law accordingly.

This is the way it has been since the beginning of man. Man will not change.

The establishment knows this, and that is how they plan to control the population is by breeding them into submission. It is very obvious.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Well I would hardly say that it is obvious.

In Canada, we don't have the whole melting pot thing: we each retain our origins and somehow that makes up a Canadian culture. Not sure if it works, though. But even if it doesn't, I am Italian as much as I am Canadian. So am I part of the problem? Maybe. Even when I'm trilingual? I should hope not...

Either way, I think it is important to recognize the importance of the individual. We each contribute to society. Sometimes we do this with others that share the same values as we do: this would be called an ethnic community. But in the end, we are all just human. Pre-disposed or not to violence, hate, justice or authority, we all have different views and opinions, but nothing detracts from that basic fact: we are all part of the same species and share a huge gene pool.

How could anyone possibly, thinking with a clear head and rational behavior, label a whole country or group of them as hateful?

The third option of the poll: how could anyone actually click it after thinking it through? It seems to me so close-minded.

I do not want to make generalizations about Indian culture or Iran's nuclear weapons. How can I? What makes me think of myself as justified, informed, or intelligent enough to understand the workings of billions of people?

I checked option two. Simply because it seems like the smartest option.

Consider: if I don't make bad exaggerations of the eastern countries, I should equally not make good ones. People are people. I can only judge someone after knowing them extensively. And even then, how often do we all hear about adultery, murder, or betrayal from a loved one?

Thus, I propose that it is too hard and wholly consuming to chart people as good or bad, and millions of times harder to classify societies. People are. They just are. Some are fat, skinny, black, white, tall, short... but good or bad? That depends on the position from which we view them. And until a world order makes it logical to consider a cold-blooded killer, wether the reason for a killing was religion, love, or money, evil, then such discussions are just too hard to carry out.

-Urbz

^^

wow that was a well-thought out post... my brain's tired...

To the situation in the eastern countries...

It sucks. It's one factor raising my gas prices. Come on now, I bairly get paid minimum wage, and I'm not getting better than that. =[

Other than that, I really don't have a problem with them.

I've never been to any of them, but I don't have any problem with those countries. Although the media makes it look like they are all terrorists and such, that's only certain groups, not the countries. They are all trying their best to sort that out and get rid of those bad stereotypes. Indian food is great, I love spicy food. I agree with erei33 on those racist jokes, they are funny but I don't take them seriously (as nobody should).

Well I would hardly say that it is obvious.

In Canada, we don't have the whole melting pot thing: we each retain our origins and somehow that makes up a Canadian culture. Not sure if it works, though. But even if it doesn't, I am Italian as much as I am Canadian. So am I part of the problem? Maybe. Even when I'm trilingual? I should hope not...

Either way, I think it is important to recognize the importance of the individual. We each contribute to society. Sometimes we do this with others that share the same values as we do: this would be called an ethnic community. But in the end, we are all just human. Pre-disposed or not to violence, hate, justice or authority, we all have different views and opinions, but nothing detracts from that basic fact: we are all part of the same species and share a huge gene pool.

How could anyone possibly, thinking with a clear head and rational behavior, label a whole country or group of them as hateful?

The third option of the poll: how could anyone actually click it after thinking it through? It seems to me so close-minded.

I do not want to make generalizations about Indian culture or Iran's nuclear weapons. How can I? What makes me think of myself as justified, informed, or intelligent enough to understand the workings of billions of people?

I checked option two. Simply because it seems like the smartest option.

Consider: if I don't make bad exaggerations of the eastern countries, I should equally not make good ones. People are people. I can only judge someone after knowing them extensively. And even then, how often do we all hear about adultery, murder, or betrayal from a loved one?

Thus, I propose that it is too hard and wholly consuming to chart people as good or bad, and millions of times harder to classify societies. People are. They just are. Some are fat, skinny, black, white, tall, short... but good or bad? That depends on the position from which we view them. And until a world order makes it logical to consider a cold-blooded killer, wether the reason for a killing was religion, love, or money, evil, then such discussions are just too hard to carry out.

-Urbz

^^

wow that was a well-thought out post... my brain's tired...

World order? Have you lost your damned mind? Do have a {censored} clue what the NWO IS? Are you really that god damned dumb? I challenge you to go hang out with a gorilla group in South America, and talk that stupid {censored} there. You will have 30 lead filled holes in you by the time you finish your sentence. Get in the real world little man.

We have this thing called "sovereignty". Or perhaps you have heard of it? You little younglings don't have a god damned clue what liberty, or freedom is. You want a {censored} dictatorship run the way you want it in a globalist environment. Jesus H Christ. What a {censored} double moron this generation is. What kind of {censored} are they teaching you cattle in those government camps you attend?

I could rather give a {censored} less what some cow worshiper on the other side of the planet does. I care about what goes on here, now. And god damnit we HAVE NO FREEDOM ANYMORE! And if something isn't done about it, WE NEVER WILL.

When you have the largest companies in this world, running the most awesome god damned progpaganda force on this planet, there is no telling what {censored} will be peddled for truth on their networks. And God help us, now that it has fallen into the wrong hands. hehe.

Now I just have to laugh. Oh, we are so {censored} ed. When you wake the {censored} up and realize that this world is comprised of people that hate you because you believe that stupid {censored}, and there are people out there that will kill you because you are white, and realize that people want to be left the {censored} alone, then you will realize that a world government will either A: Fail, or B: End up in a police state of tyranny.

One day the globalist little pissants on this board will realize what they dreamed of will come true, and they will be in a concentration camp in a desert somewhere, they will remember what I have wrote on this board, and think, goddamnit he was right.

For example. How would you like to share a country with me? hehehe. That is what you want right? the NAU? You want Bush, and his SPP agreement? lol. Man. hehe. Humanity is royally {censored}ed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LIn6RPdHT5U

Other than that, I really don't have a problem with them.

|| OIL FOR SALE ||

Price: 1.2 million murdered Iraqis.

I have a problem with it. Sicko.