Leopard Ship Date

Numberzz

39 posts in this topic

AppleInsider states that Apple has chosen October 26th as Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard's shipping date. Currently, Apple has only said that it plans to ship this update to its Mac OS X operating system in October. As of today(Thursday the 4th), Leopard's code had not yet been finalized and a Gold Master had not yet been declared. However, the operating system in recent weeks has become very close to this status with the last full builds including only one known issue. The GM should be released to developers within 10 days in order to reach that date. According to tradition, Apple has chosen the last Friday of the month to release this latest major operating system update.

Full Story

niiiice. It can't reli go worse than Vistas launch. Peace - luke255

I beg to differ with the iMac problems. Maybe they will fix those issues with new iMacs with leopard installed.

I beg to differ with the iMac problems. Maybe they will fix those issues with new iMacs with leopard installed.

True that has been a bit disappointing but that is the hardware side, not really tied to the release of Leopard. That said I think some new macbooks are expected... We shall see!

Wow mac-mini, im going to try and act like you don't have the gayest sig ever.

lol no kidding!

& hahahah nice sig bedlight, i forgot about that incident XD

& back on topic, idkk, they allready delayed it, who cares?

actually i do but still =]

was going to buy a macbook pro today, read this...

shall i wait untill the 26th then?

on that date will i be able to buy a macbook pro with osx leopard? or will it be out for like weeks before apple have them on the pro's ready for you to buy?

cheers peeps

Just its a new os and so could have issue's

Well there's that to consider too. We'll be getting a new Mac after 10.5 comes out BUT we'll be waiting around a month to see if there are any issues. I don't think anything could be as bad a vista, and Leopard will probably have a problem or two, I mean even Tiger still has updates from time to time. If Leopard is as good as Tiger is then I'll be estatic :rolleyes:

yeah, so buy one when its out. It cant be that bad. i'll just go with it. If there are issues then they will fix them in good time. and so when this new os is out, i can purchase one with it pre installed on the 26th or around then what ever ?

If I had an Intel Mac, Leopard would make me a splode! Intel Mac users will notice a significant speed increase (a new OS that makes things faster? Has that ever happened before? :unsure: ) when using Leopard. Of course I have a PPC Mac Mini, so I am saving $125.