Leopard Ship Date

Numberzz

39 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

i'm new to the forums but i've been lurking around here for awhile ;) Anyway i was looking around on the apple website trying to see how much tiger costs with a student discount because i'm assuming leopard will be the same price, and i noticed that the shipping date for tiger says October 26th. i think this pretty much confirms the release date for leopard!

i noticed that the shipping date for tiger says October 26th. i think this pretty much confirms the release date for leopard!

Say what? Nothing is confirmed and your reasoning is flawed. Apple can release Leopard anytime that they want. Just because they released Tiger on a certain day doesn't 'confirm' anything. I agree with you that it APPEARS that the last Friday of the month is a good choice, but it has nothing to do with Tiger, and Apple can change whatever they want.

Just because they released Tiger on a certain day doesn't 'confirm' anything.

MyMac8MyPc, i think you have what i wrote confused. I'm not saying that Tiger was released on a certain day, what I'm trying to say is that when you go to the apple store online and look at products, there is a part that says "ships:" that is on all of the products in the store to tell you when the item will ship buy once you've purchased it. most of the products say "within 24 hours". but when i looked at Tiger earlier today, it said "ships: October 26th". this is what i had meant in my earlier post. sorry for the confusion.

EDIT:well i just looked at the apple store again and now it says tiger ships within 24 hours LOL... hopefully someone here saw what i saw earlier today because I'm not making it up! it did say "Ships: October 26th" i promise! did anyone get a chance to see what I'm talking about before it was gone?

grantmaier687 I think u may have confused Tiger (the current version, 10.4) with Leopard (10.5, expected in the next month). I did read that Apple accidently (or perhaps not) put "Ships October 26th" on their site and then removed it.

Ah i see. You have seen Tiger mistakenly labeled as "ships Oct 26th". Strange but certainly seems to enforce that date as a release date for Leopard. They obviously didn't want that info getting out and it was an accident that it did so I see no reason why it can't have been accidently put on Tiger, not Leopard. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Hey guys. The Apple Store has been updated and they're finally offering Leopard for pre-order, with a confirmed release date of October 26th!

As a quick note to those earlier who said they're unsure of whether to buy their new Mac now or wait till it comes preloaded with Leopard, after speaking to the Apple Sales Team this morning they've assured me that those who purchase a Mac on or after October 1st will qualify to purchase Leopard for £5.95 through the following URL: http://www.apple.com/uk/macosx/uptodate

Obviously this is for the UK Store, I imagine that there is similar provision on other international stores.