• XxX
    • Deadmoo
    • Maklar
    • Tubgirl
    • Mr Rogers
    • Goatsecx
    • HOTiso

41 posts in this topic

My first ISO was JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel and it worked flawlessly. I've since moved on to the XxX 10.4.10 disc, which has worked quite well and I'm currently aquiring the Kalyway disc to give it a shot this weekend.

Guest lord of the view

We are such geeks. We treat ISOs as girlfriends. "I first started with Jas. We didn't work out, so I moved on to Uphuck. We learned a lot from each other, but didn't have anything in common. Now I'm with Tub Girl, and I think this is THE ONE."

The XxX 10.4.10 XxX breaks OpenGL on my notebook 9700 Radeon Mobility AGP 64Mb (reported as 128Mb) - note this is a fresh install.

OpenGL works great on JaS 10.4.8, 10.4.9 on the SSE2 machine right out of the box.

On XxX 10.4.10 XxX I can get CE and QI supported after using the 10.4.8/10.4.9 files from the extensions folder (including kexts and frameworks). All seems to be working and smooth except for OpenGL, it is broken and emulators and games using hardware acceleration won't work (Power64, Zuma).

Replacing the OpenGL.framework that was installed by 10.4.10 by the 10.4.8/10.4.9 one doesn't change things. This is a shame as the XxX install is about as compatible as JaS: I replaced the AC'97 kext to have sound and I needed to use the 8.9.1 kernel because of the SSE2 cpu. Perhaps the fact that it is an 10.4.9 kernel and a patched system.kext that is causing OpenGL to break. I have yet to find out how it is integrated into the OSX system in order to remedy this.

Have other people with similar Graphics cards experienced broken OpenGL support? Mind you QE and CI seem to be supported in the System Properties and the widgets screen loads smooth with like it actually is.

I use XxX 10.4.10 with PPF1 patch. I install it using no drivers whatsoever and it loads no problem and i then put the sound, net and graphics drivers on after. its a superb system as long as you dont try to do too much with the included software as it just wont work.

JaS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 update with PPF1+2 was my first and (so far) only image. It works great and everything was detected out of box (from GMA950 to Wireless).. but reading this post, I can't help wonder.. ;)

What if I try another ISO like Uphuck or XxX? Can I go even faster? Or will I just be risking to waste my time on downloading and installing something that couldn't been much better than what I got right now?

My specs:

Core 2 Duo 4400

Intel MoBo with 945GZ chipset (plus GMA950)

1 ghz kingston ram

Belkin wireless

Q: Which version is best for LaptopsAnyway, i'm using Mac OS X 10.4.9 UpHuck v1.4 r2which is running like a #'{!! it's amazing apart from no driver for my realtek ac97 audio! :(Uphuck is good, what about HOTiso & goatsecx or tubgirl

hmm... but uphuck doesn't have rosetta?
Actually it does, i just installed Uphuck 10.4.9 1.4 r2 which says no rossetta but yet i got MS office 2004 running like a charm!

i haven't had to reinstall for a long time. but if i had to, i'd use 10.4.4 for partitioning, JaS 10.4.8 for install, then update to 10.4.11 beta from the service packs. not as time consuming as it sounds, as i have a couple installation partitions on my hard drives.

ridiculous as it might me seem, i would never download anything called Uphuck, Goatsecx, or Tubgirl. the names make me want to hurl! ;)

I always used severa TubGirl's but since I had a new job there are ony Intel Dells there so I used uphuck's that did not work very well so I used Jas 10.4.8 that worked flawlesly, also in my Mac Dell XPS.

jas and definitly jas....i started by jas 10.4.8...it was my first try...but now im using XxX...its EXTREMELY fast...faster than jas...never tried anything else...and dont think i will....i will shift to Leopard i think:)

• 3 years later...