• HOTiso

41 posts in this topic

Just wanted everyones thoughts. What are your favorite ISOs? My favourites are:

For VMware Compatibility & Most Universally Compatible: JaS 10.4.8

Best Hardware Supports: Uphuck 1.4 and 1.3 series

Most useless and unusable: Deadmoo and Maklar

And one more thing:

The ISO I currently use: Uphuck v1.4iR3

Open discussion. What are your opinions?

I have build my last 3 computers with maximum OS X compatibility in mind.

Thus, after Myzar 10.4.4 I have always used JaS, never a problem.

I haven't even considered downloading Uphuck, having read how many problems people were having.

Deadmoo? You must be joking, that belongs to the Stone Age.

Thanks to JaS 10.4.8 I had my first Hackintosh and it is solid like a rock and still working like a charm. With my JaS partition I've learned and practiced a lot of things with the Hackintosh. So sad JaS decided to retire.

Then I tried uPhuck, It's good. I've found various problems with it.

It's a little tricky to get TubeGirl installed (it's for AMDs right?) but it works in my Intel!. As good as JaS, maybe better, it works excellent . I'm using this one from now on.

Also tried Kalyway, didn´t work for my hardware.

XxX (Intel Only). Blackchungo did it just for try, and..., It´s a wonderful installer, fast, clean, up to date. He has a tremendous potential, he had tracked the way he did it in another site. I've found two little problems with it. It's his first release, It's going to be a champion. Please, don't forget AMD users.

We, Hackusers, are very lucky, four good installer creators. Maybe it's impossible to have an installer for each and every mobo, processor, etc, so get the best suited for your needs.

Sorry for my bad English.

Saludos desde la Ciudad de México!

Edited 29/9/2007

We, Hackusers, are very lucky, four good installer creators. Maybe it's impossible to have an installer for each and every mobo, processor, etc, so get the best suited for your needs.

I remain of the opinion that we should build a hackintosh with the most compatible hardware (if we can afford it).

In most cases it will be cheaper than a Mac Mini with a few extras (and a lot faster and more flexible).

well then should we start a new thread or continue this thread on posting the most compatible hardware.. can someone get this organised.. kinda an ideal hardware configuration.coz i dont mind spending a few bucks to actually go buy a spare system coz ive so fallen in love with a mac.. :) i know.. saw the light

There are hundreds such threads. Anyway, tell us how much you want to spend and maybe we can fix something for you.

I used to use JaS, coz his were the most perfect releases. I used upto 10.4.8. The deadmoo image was by far the easiest to get up and running on ANY system.

Now I use Apple Releases coz they make the best versions of OSX :D

Why mention Deadmoo and Marklar at all? They were there in the beginning, had their uses, but people moved on as we later got 10.4.4, .5, etc...

Anyway... If you want to go through the historical releases, you should add Goatsecx to complete the 'trinity'... ;)

I've tried 4 ISOs:

JaS 10.4.8

Uphuck 1.4iR3

Kalyway 10.4.10

Deadmoo

JaS works the best in VMware, Uphuck works the best on my system. Kalyway didn't work for me at all, it loaded the extensions and the machine reboots. But thats not to blame on the Kalyway DVD because my machine doesn't work with kernels higher than 8.8.1. Deadmoo is junk. It wouldn't even load in VMware.

*Also*

LOL...MrRogers is voting for his own ISO. No offense, but it doesn't seem like anyone is using MrRogers.

My new favorite is XxX. It has hardware support for most of the hardware that the community has gotten to work. Another thing I like about it is the fact that it's not modified. It contains all the screenavers, wallpapers, applications...etc

It's also the first version that actually runs fast on my SSE2 system since 10.4.7!!!

And for the first time ever, my fx5200 was detected as AGP after install.

My first was Hotiso 10.4.6 and it worked brilliantly - but when trying to upgrade it I utterly killed the installation

Swapped motherboards and installed Jas 10.4.8 and was successfull in updating it to 10.4.10

Recently changed out motherboards again - now on the MSI board and using Kalyway - for me its perfect.

Uphuck could never find my drives, and xxx refused to boot after a full installation.

Kalyway - All the way!

I am using Kalyway and love it. I tried all the other ones but for some reason Kalyway was accepted by my system :P

worked out everything out of the box accept video but that's because its FireGL 7100

I can run updates

Plextor DVD/CD works great burning etc

Ram shows correctly

CPU show slightly faster from 3.4 to 4Ghz ;)

video PNY 7300GT with Titan driver works out of the box no hackcing

I get 134 w/o hd on xbench and 107 with hd

anyway kalyway was the way to go for me

I like uphuck for his several and very stable releases, but continue to respect old dear JaS, which I used to bulid my first hackintosh. Thanks to all guys whom work in this great project.

Happy Ramadan to all Muslims!

My favourites are JaS and Uphuck and they will continue to be.

JaS is universally compatible, bug free and it works on almost any computer

Uphuck it takes longer to set up and configure but it works very fast once installed.