Official Uphuck v1.4i r3 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

114 posts in this topic

THX uphuck for offering OSX to us intel users! :blink:

I need some advice regarding wich box to tick during installation.

My notebook system:

CPU: Pentium M

GPU: Nvidia 7800 GTX

Chipset: ICH6 915PM

HD: PATA

Sound: Realtek HD (Intel Azalia)

Net: Marvel Yukon 88E8053

Atheros W-Lan

So what i would choose from the list is:

Nvidia Mobile

USB Driver

Ps/2 driver

Azalia Audio

Power Management

Intel Speedstep

IONetworkingFamily.kext

Marvel youkon 88E8001

Temperature Monitor

What is nonsense and what do i have to add (also from the patches and app list, what is usefull)

P.S.: I mainly want the system for FinalCutPro!

Thank you very much in advance for helping an osx noob out!

Prema, your system appears to be pretty compatible right out of the box. You might think about checking Natit dual .02 and IONetworkingFamily.kext but that's about it. You should be up and running after that. Then you can check things like audio, usb, mouse, keyboard etc. My guess is that you'll find that laptop (what make model and size is it) to be right on target for OSX.

Gray_Matter,

I had the same DVD-ROM issue as you. The resolution for me is:

Insert a disc in DVD-ROM and reboot os x, then it will find the disc even you reject and insert another one. While if you take it out and reboot again with nothing in the DVD-ROM, it wont work again.

I installed this this on a Dell Optiplex 270 with onboard NIC (intel Pro 100ve), video (intel 864G) realtek AC97 sound, on JaS 10.4.8 everything worked but no CI or QE on the 865G but a resolution of 1024x768.

On the Uphuck install the system seems very fast for what it is and I have had about 4 different Mac installs in this box testing, this one was a very easy install (over a copy of JaS 10.4.8) I also liked the custom menus and other little added features of the install as well as the about this computer fix that I needed to install (that was on the disk) Great work uphuck!!!! 1000 thank yous to you!

with the uphuck 1.4i R3 install I can't the onboard NIC working (dropped in a realtek 8139 and used uphucks drivers)

problem two: uphuck 1.4i R3 will not find a DVD-RW I tried a NEC DVD-RW I used in other hackintosh projects that worked great with Patchburn, but patchburn can't find the drive because the system profiler says there is no dvd or cd burning device installed. I put 100% mac compatible Pioneer DVD-RW that I used in other Hackintosh projects that works with no patching and uphucks 1.4i R3 won't find that drive either. Am I doing something wrong here?

Last but not least the 865G video has no CI or QE

Try patchburn as long as mac sees the drive patchburn will make it 100% Mac compatible, you can burn with a burn folder or even from iTunes with patchburn, as well as toast and other burning programs

go to www.patchburn.de

install the basic system first, then if you get a panic or something don't work go back and install each driver that is for your system one at a time until you see what it takes to get the system working or what crashes system. Also if your system crashes on the first try read the boot screen and see what caused the crash and see if there are patches or app to fix the problem on Uphucks disk. good luck.

Prema, your system appears to be pretty compatible right out of the box. You might think about checking Natit dual .02 and IONetworkingFamily.kext but that's about it. You should be up and running after that. Then you can check things like audio, usb, mouse, keyboard etc. My guess is that you'll find that laptop (what make model and size is it) to be right on target for OSX.

It is an 17inch Clevo M570A

I have some trouble with the video card. With the Natit Dual (both versions) it is only showing on an external monitor.

With the Nvidia mobilty option its showing on the lapscreen. But with both my windows are becomming seethrough as soon as i start to move them and Video from DVDs is a no show with Nvidia Mobile (also with VLC). With Natit on external its stuttering.

WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR AN NVIDIA 7800GTX MOBILE?

THX

PREMA

I'm having trouble installing uphuck 1.4r3 on my newly inherited Toshiba 2410-S203. Any clues? I'm trying the uphuck 1.4r3 and I can't even get the darn thing past the BIOS. The error I get is "media test failure, check cable" . The hard drive is recognized in windows and from osx86 dvds. The machine boots fine from several DVD's (kismus, uphuck etc...) or from Windows on the hard drive. I tried replacing the hard drive, but I get the same error. I formatted the drive in the MBR format & everything.

I've selected the Nvidia Mobile, Ps/2 driver. I've tried both with & without nvidia mobile kexts (probably too old). Do I need to do the vga dongle hack?

Here's the specs as best I can get them (I'll install windows later for specific chipsets):

Model name/No. Satellite 2410-S203

Processor Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4-M 1.80GHz (SSE2)

Memory 512MB

HDD 30GB

Display Display 15.0 TFT 1024x768

Display controller NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go

Video RAM 16MB

Sound YMF753 Codec Chip

LAN Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN (recognized on boot dvds)

Thank you to all the hackintosh people!

Thanks for 1.4i r3, my HP nx7000 laptop is booting now with the 10.4.8 ACPIPlatform.kext (Intel 855 chipset).

Three remaining problems:

ATI Mobility 9200

~~~~~~~~~~~

How do I get the native 1680x1050 screen resolution? Some Callisto patch? I found Radeon9200pack.dmg somewhere and it seems to work okay, but I wonder if I can get it working with the patches distributed with uphuck.

Intel 2100 wireless

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any idea if there is support for the 2100 wireless?

External USB boot drive

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I installed uphuck on a USB flash drive. Boots fine, but its very slow, like it's running as a USB 1.1 device. In fact it's a 2.0 device and quite fast. Any idea how to convince OS X to use USB 2.0 mode?

Gray_Matter,I had the same DVD-ROM issue as you. The resolution for me is:Insert a disc in DVD-ROM and reboot os x, then it will find the disc even you reject and insert another one. While if you take it out and reboot again with nothing in the DVD-ROM, it wont work again.
Thanks, I thought the DVD was working right after the install but then I removed the install DVD and rebooted and it didn't work again after that. That explains it.
OSX wont boot up unless I have the uphuck dvd in the dvd drive. When I try to boot without the dvd it says no bootable devices. I'm sure this is a n00b question but if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks
From one N00b to another, try setting the partition active with partition magic or some other partition program. I did the same thing once before with a 10.4.6 dual boot install. I think there is a way to flag it from the OSX boot disk but I don't know how to do it.

Any help would be super appreciated. I've got a Inspiron 6000, uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.2 and the latest, 10.4.9 v1.4ir.3 and I get the same results with both. They boot past the apple grey screen and get to the light blue screen and just sit there. The installer never comes up. This happens with both after about 10 tries. Now the weir thing is that, once, yes you got it, once, the v1.2 did actually work, I got to install it but it never came up after that. Please help!

on dell latitude D630(santa rosa/965/3100) the installation don't boot :)

i have tried with only one cpu, noacpi, platform boot, but the installation stop@:

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23 ????

anyone can help me, or i (and other santa rosa laptop) wait for a 10.4.10/11 release for install?

bye

theSLug

the installation boot on VMware on XP.......

Thanks Gray_Matter, I will try partition magic, I don't know why this happens, I had installed on a 40gb drive earlier and had no problems with booting, now I must have reinstalled 3 or 4 times on my 80gb and I get the no bootable devices error without the dvd. Weird. Im also tryin to resolve this issue with my audio, the audio playsback fine for a minute or 2 then starts to get choppy, in my system profiler it says I have no audio devices installed but i have audio playback, is there a way I can add my device ID into the info.plist somewhere?

I regret to say that Disk Utility doesn't see my Sata hard drive either by the standard VIA or Jmicron sockets. I am using, in this case, an Asus P5VD2-MX. The installer mentions installing via vmware. Does any know know of a good tutorial? Many thank to anyone who posts a link. If I have missed this, it's because I'm on dial-up and it takes and age to work through the threads!

hi everyone.. it is good to see that previous rosetta problems are gone. will play with drivers a little but not now :P bye..

Just wanted to say THANK YOU :D So much for all the hard work.

If I may ask one question. Are you going to continue when Leopard comes out?

I am running your latest v1.4i r3, works great :P

Anyone have a problem installing programs on 1.4 r3?

I cant seem to get anything to work right. The base system does work very fast... no problem with drivers. But I tried installing Toast 8 and iLife 08.... installs fine, but iDVD doesnt load, iMovie doesnt load, Toast attempts to load and than quits....

This release sucks!

I think Uphuck should stop taking things away from OSX and just make sure programs work correctly.

CLICKS UNINSTALL

I miss JaS already. The JaS releases are a little slower than Uphucks.... but at least everything works!

I cant seem to get anything to work right. The base system does work very fast... no problem with drivers. But I tried installing Toast 8 and iLife 08.... installs fine, but iDVD doesnt load, iMovie doesnt load, Toast attempts to load and than quits....

You don't give any specs as to what is in your system, so we won't be able to help much. 1.4iR3 runs flawlessly on my system with only 1 or 2 things I have to tweak afterwards. If I understand what I've read in the several previous threads and posts concerning iLife 08, I believe it requires 10.4.10 to install properly...or at the very least, pacifist and some tweaks on 10.4.9.

hello guys, any news about chances to install osx86 on fujitsu siemens notebook amilo xi 1554 ?

non of osx distributions could see my serial ata disks in disk utility, after booting from dvd... even i format it like fat32 or EVEN i format it to hfs with macdrive! only disk i can install it into is usb disk... but then i cant boot from usb disk... i hope that someone will release version of osx86 that will be able to communicate with serial ata drives in that machine....

thanks for help and support

based on the panic message I got in verbose mode, I think the people experiencing panics on the first couple of pages are getting them because of the SATA drivers on ICH8. I'm reinstalling without SATA drivers and I'll post back with the results.

edit: well that didn't help; now I'm waiting for the root device (which I expected, since no SATA drivers got installed)...back to JaS I guess.

Many thanks Uphuck! Interestingly though 1.4i v1.3 doesn't see any of my Sata options (VIA and jmicron), v1.2 does. However, though it installs, it doesn't boot up. I get the message:-

AppleVIAATTADriver: VIA UNKNOWN

C CMD 0 X 170 , CTR 0 X374 , IRQ 15 , BM 0XE 408

Still waiting for boot device to boot.

It doesn't matter whether it's plugged into the jmicron or the other Sata sockets. I guess I need to edit kexts and put in my drives vendor ID?

@uphuck

my laptop is toshiba m115-3094

centrino duo 1.6ghz

audio realtek 862

lan realtek 8136

2gb ram

will the 1.4i version hav all the drivers for this

and what are the applications included in 1.4i i cant find it in ur wesite too its given for 1.3 is it the same

Okay for those who miss the mail program. I'm sure you have an old JAS 10.4.8 dvd laying around somewhere. I just put that DVD in and clicked on the mail package and it installed then updated itself.

I tried to do the same for the HP printer drivers but for some reason I cannot get that to work.

I got my sound and network interface working fine now. I wish it had all the stuff on the dvd but with a little creative thinking and some old DVD's you should be able to get most of the features that you want working.

I'm going to try to work on my printer drivers right now.

Magicman