Official Uphuck v1.4i r3 10.4.9 Installation DVD thread

114 posts in this topic

kernel panic on CPU 0 type 14=page fault....any ideas? or is this a pretty common and generic error message? I get it on any install higher than 10.4.3

me too, i get this message too. The DVD used to work with my built with the ore 2 Duo E6600 CPU, but since i ONLY change the CPU to Intel Pentium D 915, i get this message. Even i do a clean install with the same DVD. i know the Pentium 915 works.

Im an ASUS G1S owner (Santa Rosa Chipset)

uphuck 1.4i r3 is the only version that installs on VMWare... All of the previous ones failed to even boot.

But the problem is... r3 wont boot from the cd to try to install it native.

Plain boot gets restarted after like 4 seconds.

cpus=1, -x, -v, all together, and one by one, halts on IO buffer headers error.

Do we have to wait for 10.4.10? or is there something we can do about it to get 10.4.9 working?

Anyone kind enough to send me the torrent file for uphuck v1.4i r3 to my mail please? i've searched everywhere and i can't find it. I tried demonoid but i need to be registered and i can't get an invitation for it. Thanx in advance.

My mail is lostinsorrow[at]gmail.com

Hi all, I was wondering is someone could help me out with my slow hard drive performance.

i'm using uphuck 1.4 and everything is working great except for my extremely slow disk transfers. I'm assuming that i don't have drivers for my ata chipset. i'm getting xbench reansfers at around 3 mb/s

I'm running an msi neo 2 motherboard with a 865pe intel chipset. i know that the hard drives work correctly in the jas 10.8 release with normal transfer rates. i'm assuming that the gig of ata drivers that jas includes in the install files are what's making the difference.

is there anyway of fighureing out of this is a missing kext problem? is there some way of determinign which kext my ata chipset is currently using and moving that extension over to the uphuck install?

thanks a bunch!

-Doug

Edit:

When i went to reinstall uphuck, i realized that i must have not installed that intel ich5 drivers. Woops! With the drivers installed, i am now getting good hard drive speeds in xbench.

i ended up having to reinstall a bunch of times to get the correct package combination. i needed the disable power mangemnt options to avoid kernl panic and couldn't install agpgart without a 4 language crash just before hitting the "settings cube"

one question, will getting agpgart working correctly improve my videocard performance? i have a nvidia 6800gt and am getting scores at around 50 in xbench

otherwise everything is working like a charm, i even got ilife(by installing quicktime) and iwork(by editing the version checks) installed and working

Horay!

v1.4i r3 works like a champ on my Asus P4P800-E Deluxe with a Celeron D and an nVidia 7800GS with 256MB RAM (AGP). A few caveats below:

VIDEO

The Nvidia drivers produced an unbootable system because the IOPCIMatch variable in the Natit.kext, NVDARESman.kext, and NVDARnv40.kext files did not match those for my card. I ended up installing sans video driver and added Natit myself and then added my device ID to the three kexts.

ETHERNET

The Yukon driver included in the uphuck package works out of the box.

AUDIO

AC97 audio working perfectly through my 2.1 channel speakers. Did not select the "Apple AC97" driver from Uphuck.

DVD-RW

IDE Burner recognized properly and functional.

SATA

SATA connectors work great.

USB

External memory sticks and hard drives work great.

Overall, a very Jas-like experience. Well done Mr. Uphuck.

OSX wont boot up unless I have the uphuck dvd in the dvd drive. When I try to boot without the dvd it says no bootable devices. I'm sure this is a n00b question but if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Hi,

I had the same roblem without any answer for a week...

But this was my solution: when I format the HD (from the disk utility from within the osx installer) the "partition scheme" by default was "GUID partition scheme" (or something like that).

I didn't work on my PC until I change to MBR as partition scheme, then partition the disk with mac os extended journaled and...kaboom, everything is fine!

try this and tell me please...

Try looking in wikipedia for partition scheme where it explains the diferences (so I don't continue with my very bad engish here ;-)

/j

hardware: intel dual core , mother intel d945gc cr, hd sata2 120gb

Hi,

while installation which display driver must be selected for ATI Mobility Radeon X300 card ?

Also what Audio needs to be selected for AD1981HD sound card.

I am trying to install on Thinkpad Z60M laptop.

Thanks in advance.

New user here, so apologies in advance if this is a dumb question! Does anyone know the root password for the uphuck distro. Some of the tips and tricks require editing files in /etc an dyou need to be root to do that, don't you?

Does anyone know the root password for the uphuck distro.

OK - figured it out. You have to boot from the installation DVD and then go into the utilities menu where it lets you reset the password, without knowing what the old one was.

My question now is - where's all the Mac software like iLife, Mail etc? My system works beautifully (thanks uphuck!) but there's really very few apps on it apart from Safari. How do you go about getting all the cool stuff that you get on a real Mac?

OK - figured it out. You have to boot from the installation DVD and then go into the utilities menu where it lets you reset the password, without knowing what the old one was.

My question now is - where's all the Mac software like iLife, Mail etc? My system works beautifully (thanks uphuck!) but there's really very few apps on it apart from Safari. How do you go about getting all the cool stuff that you get on a real Mac?

Uphuck's latest releases are pretty basic, including only what's necessary for the OS since he's decided to go with the mini-dvd size. You can get some of the apps like mail and isync from older releases. iLife can be found in the same kind of place that you found the installation DVD.

Any help would be super appreciated. I've got a Inspiron 6000, uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.2 and the latest, 10.4.9 v1.4ir.3 and I get the same results with both. They boot past the apple grey screen and get to the light blue screen and just sit there. The installer never comes up. This happens with both after about 10 tries. Now the weir thing is that, once, yes you got it, once, the v1.2 did actually work, I got to install it but it never came up after that. Please help!

I too have an Inspiron 6000. I found the following posted on the first page of this thread and it got me to the install screen:

Boot in single user mode by pressing F8 and then type -s press enter

the type "fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0" (w/o quotes) press enter

type "flag 1" enter

type "quit" enter

type "reboot" enter

weird thing happens :censored2:

got the r3, installed on a rig with:

commando

e6300

7300gt

ich8 -> raid with the osx disk "non member disk" (sataII maxtor 160 gb)

install, boot up, everything work perfectly exept for audio, to get patched with modded azalia kext.

then i played a bit too much with some kexts and i screwed up the installation... no problem: boot from usb dvd and retry with THE SAME DRIVERS, THE SAME PATCH...

installed -> reboot -> starting up white screen with apple -> blue screen for a while -> stuck at a gray screen (not the kernel panic's screen, a gray screen without anything written) and dead.

ok, tried another installation and again gray screen...

after that mess i've removed the disk and placed on a p5w dh deluxe for a fresh new installation but forgot to insert the dvd with osx... and the pc booted up osx flawlessly!!!

so, well, let's do a fresh new installation on this rig (p5w dh/1900xt/ich7 ahci but also tried raid and all sata port). i've to try that r3, damn...

boot from dvd, installing without any problem coz p5w dh is a joke. reboot and...

GRAY SCREEN??? but.. what.. the hell????????????? :censored2: :censored2:

i've tried every single bios configuration... removed all unnecessary (and also necessary...) patch/driver... no way, always that gray screen... dunno what to do...

i've installed r2 on another p5w dh rig and a P35 gigabyte, without any problem... r3 is going to kill me :wacko:

Can get this to work with my P5K-E at all. Just hits the Grey Circle.

Can install with vMware but trying from two different burned DVDs is a no go.

Can't even use the vMware install to boot from after installation.

In fact, the vMware install doesn't even load OSX after install. LOL

Grreeaaat.

/BUMP!

In case the reason I'm not getting any help is lack of information my specs are:

Dell Inspiron 5100

ATI 7500 32MB video

Intel Pentium 4 processor with a chipset of Intel 845PE (SEE2 only)

cardBus controller of TI PCI4510

Sigmatel 9750 audio

If you need more information I will look for it and post for you, but please can you tell me the proper selections to make when installing?

Also, even in JAS releases my DVD combo drive was unable to burn cds with toast--is this an OS related issue and if so can it be fixed? The lack of cd burner is the only thing that keeps me from being able to use OSX86 full time on my Inspiron 5100 now that I finally found a WiFi card that seems to work in OSX86, Linux and WinXP, so I really hope you can help me!

--bornagainpenguin