ALPS Glidepad beta driver

phb

196 posts in this topic

Top Requests?

Trying to figure what the top requests for this driver is. So I can get some motivation to work more on it :thumbsdown_anim:

Seems most of it relates to having a working controlpanel, with all the "{censored}" options removed. Thinking about stripping the non-working options atleast, and then you guys will have to request features missing..

Sounds good?

/Johan

Hey, thanks againf or your work. I'm glad you haven't lost all interest in this project. Here is how I vote:

I can't get the sensitivity to work the way the regular OS X driver does (if I put my finger on the track pad it doesn't jump a hand full of pixels in any direction making tap clicking a pain in the ass). I've played with the config file to try and get that under control, but no luck. If this IS fixable with the config file I vote for a working control panel so it's a bit easier to get it set up. If this is something that cannot be fixed with config, I vote for some sort of sensitivity control...

Thanks!

Well, after installed on my T40 in native 10.4.5, the track pointer

and touch pad were both out of functions. Although ApplePS2Controller,

ApplePS2Trackpad were loaded, there just was no any response.

Is there a way out?

Bruce

you have to change a number in info.plist in the kext folder

take it from windows in sys info, its after psn or somethig like that

I've googled for months to find some sort of windows equivalent to do this, and no luck. Has anyone ever heard of a an xp driver or app that allows 2 finger scrolling? I mean I can't even find forums with people talking about how there's not one... what's up with that?

this driver dont have 2 finger scrolling, i think its almost impossible to do this with our touchpad

what do you mean it doesn't have 2 finger scrolling? this thread is filled with posts from people who have 2 finger scrolling thanks to this driver... and what touchpad are you talking about? I have a synaptics touchpad, it should work as well as anyone else's...

btw, to get back on topic of this thread... I'm running a compaq presario 2404us (that's a turion 64 series) ... when i install my trackpad works as usual, 'ffscroll' shows up in my system prefs, but when i click on it, it stays at 'loading' forever. Actually sounds the same as urby... something i'm doing wrong? Synaptics touchpad, dxdiag tells me it's device number 0002 but that doesn't sound quite right to me so i'm not sure...

--EDIT: kay I thought it seems suspiciously like it's still using my old ps2 kext so i looked through the install instructions again and he says to log in as root so i thought i'd try giving it a 'cd /' so as to be in the root directory, and then i decompressed the thing... anyway that completely fried my install, now it hangs very early on in the boot sequence... I've got an up to date partition backup so no biggy, but what am i supposed to do to install this correctly? Synaptics touchpad by the way...

Okay, after restoring my backup partition i tried installing this again, the way phb said to this time (in the / directory) the first time. Now the preferences panel loads up for me just fine, but my trackpad seems to behave the way it always did. No scrolling, no choppiness either. I notice on the tab where it has the grayed out system settings that "use two fingers to scroll" under 'gestures' is unchecked, but when i navigate to the real pane in 'keyboard and mouse' that setting isn't even listed under 'gestures'... or anywhere else. any insights?

Just wondering if there any successful IBM Thinkpad user? Last time, I ended up re-installing everything because both the track pointer and touchpad were out of functions after the driver applied. Although after adding PNPID in Info.plist, the touchpad worked normally (still no Scrolling) but the track pointer remained dead.

• 3 weeks later...

uhm, sorry to say this, but the configuration interface for the driver is really lousy, and therefor I'm reluctant to make an "Easy to install" .pkg

sorry about that, but atleast *I'm* not planning on providing an easy guide. If someone else want to, feel free!

• 2 weeks later...
uhm, sorry to say this, but the configuration interface for the driver is really lousy, and therefor I'm reluctant to make an "Easy to install" .pkg

sorry about that, but atleast *I'm* not planning on providing an easy guide. If someone else want to, feel free!

PHB,

Do you have a paypal account setup? You have made an awesome driver for those with ALPS trackpad problems. Could you be induced into adding VAIO touchpad compatibility to your driver, because I would be willing to donate to any paypal account for your work, as I'm sure other VAIO notebook users would also. If you are too busy at this time, I understand, however I hope you consider adding VAIO notebook support to your already wonderful driver.

I installed the driver and it loads fine on a Thinkpad R51. However Neither the touchpad or the trackpoint respond. Earlier someone mentioned for a thinkpad you must change a value in an info.plist. My question is simply which info.plist, I am assuming the one in ApplePS2Trackpad.kext, and how do I find the value appropriate for my touchpad.

first of all, nice driver...

no to the problems :D

got a synaptics trackpad and after installing the driver it's like having a trackpad on drugs...

for some reason i cant access the ffscroll prefpane (i could before, now i cant) and i cant reduce it's sesitivity...

any idea on how to turn down sesitivity without it ?

News in regards to the continuation of the development of this driver, it seems to be exactly what us laptop users need. the only problem is that this is still in beta stages of development and there are many issues yet to be resolved, as can be seen by the ratio of working users/not working fully users. I would not normally ask but it seems to have been a small while without any updates. This is a truly worth while project and i hope it continues untill there is a driver that all of us ALPS users can use, without errors and bugs.

phb congrats, the driver works good there are little things but im sure we can live with them, I spent the whole night setting up my dell inspiron 9200 and im happy to say that I got everything working, alps glidepoint touchpad, mobility 9700 at 1440x900, and well rightr now im just downloading some apps needed but its working great, thanks for all ur efforts they are greatly apreciated...

I managed to install the driver, but it unfortunately did not work on my VAIO S360's Alps widescreen trackpad. I may have to try again though because I am not sure whether I did it correctly. The FF option appeared in the system preferences but I was unable to load it. When i finish my next install, i'll try it again.