Was Steve Right About the Default Wallpaper in Leopard?

Takuro

Default Aqua Wallpaper  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Would you say you've used the Aqua wallpaper for a good amount of time?

• Yes
    • No

53 posts in this topic

I use the Tiger aqua desktop as my wallpaper on the work XP box.

The wet grass is tragically average.

The grass isn't the important point, Apple wanted to make a point of saying you can do what you want now that we can upload pictures and so on, but I think they wanted to get away from the boring old blue look too, it had its day.

No, but only because it wasn't wet if I recall correctly.

Other than that it was a nice closeup of some grass.

Yep. And RTM Vista had a cool, identifiable blue and green wallpaper though (and for Ultimate users it was animated if you got dream scene):

img24eq1.th.jpg

Yep. And RTM Vista had a cool, identifiable blue and green wallpaper though (and for Ultimate users it was animated if you got dream scene):

img24eq1.th.jpg

But they stock some nice digital photos too, when you first create a user they ask you which wallpaper you prefer and give you five choices.

I always pick the lake+mountain one, it's gorgeous.

But they stock some nice digital photos too, when you first create a user they ask you which wallpaper you prefer and give you five choices.

I always pick the lake+mountain one, it's gorgeous.

That is the work of Hamad Darwish. A lot of his Vista related work didnt make the final cut (even though some of it was in RC1) so it is available for download from his website. I highly recommend it!

http://www.hamaddarwish.com/vista.html

I cant believe they have set the grass wallpaper to the login screen backdrop, it doesn't make sense. Fair enough use the aqua wallpaper as the backdrop because where can you go wrong with a few abstract blue lines crossing over each other but an actual picture of grass is different, I dont know.

Also I use the aqua wallpaper, I would say, most of the time, because it looks great with the dock, it signifies mac os x and its actually a nice wallpaper that you really cant get bored off. A picture of some grass is going to become old incredibly easily just like bliss in windows xp, when I first saw it I actually liked it and now it makes me sick.

I cant believe they have set the grass wallpaper to the login screen backdrop, it doesn't make sense. Fair enough use the aqua wallpaper as the backdrop because where can you go wrong with a few abstract blue lines crossing over each other but an actual picture of grass is different, I dont know.

Also I use the aqua wallpaper, I would say, most of the time, because it looks great with the dock, it signifies mac os x and its actually a nice wallpaper that you really cant get bored off. A picture of some grass is going to become old incredibly easily just like bliss in windows xp, when I first saw it I actually liked it and now it makes me sick.

It would make better sense to use a solid color, don't they do that right now in Tiger?

To those of us living in dry, arid, desert regions and on water restrictions, the wet grass is a slap in the face. Culturally insensitive.

They're just taking the {censored} out of Vista in the beta, the final default desktop will be something seriously more classy.

To those of us living in dry, arid, desert regions and on water restrictions, the wet grass is a slap in the face. Culturally insensitive.

Ah ah! This one cracked me up.

They're just taking the {censored} out of Vista in the beta, the final default desktop will be something seriously more classy.

One can only hope...

• 3 weeks later...