When is Leopard Going to Leak?

MacVertigo

1,469 posts in this topic

Lol, last time I checked couple of hours ago, this thread had 40something pages.. Seems like apple is running find seeder sweatshop somewhere. I think billg was right when he said piracy in some Asian countries is good because they will pay sooner or later, it's just a matter of "hooking" people on the software. OTOH, I'm amazed how one can't even release something hot these days without being tracked and shut down in 15 minutes

Only problem with that is most of the people who are looking for a torrent copy of it are going to get a torrent of the official release and not buy it.

I will still buy it.. but apple is trying to prove a point. That they aren't going to get walked all over like Microsoft does everytime they had a build of Vista out.. or even back to windows 98.. I remember having a build of that in late 96. It sucked.. but I had it.

Apple is growing, and they want to flex their muscles.

Lets get it on a DC++ chat room. Everyone should download Shakespeer http://shakespeer.bzero.se/

that is a the best way to do it. We can get on a chat room and it will spread like wild fire.

Doh.. This wouldn't have happened if it was the Bay... They have pretty nice ways (VPN-tunnels) to keep your privacy. And Sweden is way to cold for Apple Ninjas..

Exactly.

This should be "exchanged" among a trusted network of established "users", then it should go on the Bay.

Problem solved.

So why doesn't someone get it on the bay then? Someone should know someone who has it! Seriously.. this is going to far.

I'm 100% sure the Swedes are working on it.

Has the Bay ever let anyone down ?

I'd bet money that there was at least 1 Bayman that went to WWDC just to get a copy.

They will deliver. Things as popular as this will just take a little time.

I give it another 2-4 days.

If anyone here doesn't want to be the first to seed it I'll do it. I seeded and released all the others ones so it's no big deal.

However, I'm not asking for it because I'm not dying for it until it's the RTM/Gold version.

I'm not dying either. I know it runs well.. but its still a beta. I'd just like to get my hands on it for the pure fact that they are fu*king with us so much!

I want a little in your face action.

Only problem with that is most of the people who are looking for a torrent copy of it are going to get a torrent of the official release and not buy it.

That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that Apple is not making any particular efforts in stopping FINAL releases to be shared.

If you look around for a 10.4 torrent you won't have any problem finding them, and even older Leopard builds are wandering around the net.

Anyone willing to invite a lonely gal ? ... wil get some privlages if done :rolleyes: xx

If I was you, and asking for invites for "favors" I think I would have put a fake picture up. :P that one doesn't do anything.. makes me not want to invite you. :o

(Snail)Mailing it seems pretty cool idea. So. I can seed around 10-20Mbits from europe. And pay for the postage via paypal ;)

thats what i've been saying! Burn like 20 copies, and send them out, with a list of who gets the disk next. It will work for now.

The insanelymac community should have put up a collection to send someone to WWDC for the sole purpose of getting a copy to leak to everyone. :) I'd like for it to leak before Sun. morning, cause I'm leaving then for vacation and would be able to seed for a week straight. I'm working on selling my mini to get a MBP, and I know the first thing I would install on it. (if anyone's interested in one, PM me :))

You know, if Windows beats OSX at anything, it's at being leaked faster...

Enough talking about Micro{censored}. This forum is for leopard people! When did mac users start saying things about Windows that were better than OSX? Also, how do you join that AIM Chat Room, LeopardMonitoringTeam?

question:

probably off topic,

So you download something and you get 15 .rar files...

how do you use them?

do you just have to decompress them? or is it a bit more complicated?

You get the 15 RARs, open one and extract the file from it, it'll look at the other RARs and put the file together. Google.com for more information :)