When is Leopard Going to Leak?

MacVertigo

1,469 posts in this topic

The other 1500 post thread had approx. 100 intelligent posts. This probably should be closed too, as it will degenerate as more people come and post here.

Why does she think ftp is faster?? I mean if it is one person connected downloading it, then yeah, it might be, but once there are a TON of seeders, 9 out of 10 times, torrents are faster. What I don't understand is, why can't the seeder say he only wants to connect to like 2-4 people, get it seeded to them, and as he does, those 2-4 are sending pieces out to other people, then when the 2-4 people are done, 2-4 more jump on and get exclusive access, wouldn't that work faster??

my plan is better. Use FTP to send it to like 10 people. Then post on the bay and have the 10 seeders seed to everyone. That way people are bound to get it before apple catches them.

And apple knows it, they might now even try to go after all ten.

Why does she think ftp is faster?? I mean if it is one person connected downloading it, then yeah, it might be, but once there are a TON of seeders, 9 out of 10 times, torrents are faster. What I don't understand is, why can't the seeder say he only wants to connect to like 2-4 people, get it seeded to them, and as he does, those 2-4 are sending pieces out to other people, then when the 2-4 people are done, 2-4 more jump on and get exclusive access, wouldn't that work faster??

Most torrent clients (the good ones anyway) have an option for intitial seeding that will connect the user to one or two people so that they get the whole thing and then will be able to seed for all the others.

Most torrent clients (the good ones anyway) have an option for intitial seeding that will connect the user to one or two people so that they get the whole thing and then will be able to seed for all the others.

which clients?

my plan is better. Use FTP to send it to like 10 people. Then post on the bay and have the 10 seeders seed to everyone. That way people are bound to get it before apple catches them.

And apple knows it, they might now even try to go after all ten.

That sounds like a good plan...the problem is getting the file.