When is Leopard Going to Leak?

MacVertigo

1,469 posts in this topic

Someone seeds. Every peer can see his IP. If Apple got this IP, I think they just asked the provider and he told Apple that it's the Best Western hotel's WiFi there and there...and...case closed ?

I don't know how it works on the USA (I know they usually don't care about privacy), but I thought a special permission was needed to identify a person from his IP.

Seeding from the hotel you say? That doesn't sound very clever...

Can anyone come up with a real reason Apple is trying sooooo hard to keep a pre-release piece of software so private? They are starting to {censored} me off...

you just said it man...i thinking it :censored2:

I don't know how it works on the USA (I know they usually don't care about privacy), but I thought a special permission was needed to identify a person from his IP.

Seeding from the hotel you say? That doesn't sound very clever...

You need a permission here in czech too...but...if you kindly ask and give them a reason, they are glad to give your full address and shoe size to every RIAA/MPAA/Apple/Microsoft/BSA :censored2: out there :ninja:

BTW, the OiNK guys are BASTARDS! I asked a simple question about how their invite system works, not for an invite and the f***ing banned me? WHy not just say we never have open reg. have a nice day.

That sounds way too harsh... sucks.

lets think logical here. The pre-release came out at 5:45 in the morning. It was stopped around 11:00 p.m. So it took apple 17 hours to find where the torrent was being tracked from. All we need is one person to download it in 17 hours without anyone else getting to it. Then we can seed everywhere.

the bay under a misleading name.....

~Matt

lets think logical here. The pre-release came out at 5:45 in the morning. It was stopped around 11:00 p.m. So it took apple 17 hours to find where the torrent was being tracked from. All we need is one person to download it in 17 hours without anyone else getting to it. Then we can seed everywhere.

Just up it to usenet .. then let 100 peeps download it

and seed it on the bay or something...

once on usenet .. you can't reverse it...so if someone can up it quickly ....hehe ..

upload leopard to the bay under a misleading name like iLife 06 with extras or something (i dunno) so it will take longer to find it..... and after it is seeded everyone will have access to it.

~Matt

umm.. what?

torrents gone from the pink palace folks!!!

2007-06-15 09:11:21 Torrent 1353113 (Mac OS X Leopard Build 9A466 - WWDC07 Preview 6.94 GB [7450640384 bytes]) uploaded by ............) was deleted by ................ (Ninjas got to me. Sorry guys!)

torrents gone from the pink palace folks!!!

2007-06-15 09:11:21 Torrent 1353113 (Mac OS X Leopard Build 9A466 - WWDC07 Preview 6.94 GB [7450640384 bytes]) uploaded by ............) was deleted by ................ (Ninjas got to me. Sorry guys!)

Totally cool username. I'd love one like that, just dots...but I think it would cause me problems logging in, you know, enter the right count of dots :censored2:

IF YOU TALK ABOUT IT HERE THEN THEY (Apple) WILL KNOW THE LEAK EXISTS/EXISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DONT YOU JUST NOT TALK ABOUT IT HERE!!!!!!! AND MAKE A PRIVATE CHAT ON A RANDOM IRC SERVER!

I suggest if you go for the IRC server method to only give out the IRC server info to people requesting it via PM or email.

you do realize that if we upload it to the bay with a totally different name we are going to have to tell people what the name is and since apple has people reading this forum we can't post the name here so how do you expect people to find it?