Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

Well i guess its not a surprise that when you don't follow instruction things don't work. "" It is recommended to install all AirPort-Updates from SoftwareUpdate before running this script.""

I install from XXX os x86 10.4.11 rev 2 and no airport icon showed up even after running the script. So after reading for hours i decided to go ahead and run all the updates....after that the icon showed up and everything works. Only thing is that the wireless led blinks like crazy(but its just like running a broadcom in linux)...... mad props.

I follow directions, but it doesn't install. I'm quite lost.

I have a BCM4318 and it's not even being recognized in the PCI slot. I was hoping this would fix it.

EDIT: I got it to run! Unfortunately, it says that the kext in question was improperly installed. I'm updating Airport Utility from Software Update right now. Will keep editing, just in case anyone is reading this. :)

BTW: I'm running iATKOS, 1.0i 10.5.1

EDIT2: I updated and everything, still no dice.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all!

i am in desperate need for some help.

I turned my aspire one to a hackintosh with dual boot to xp. knowing the aspire one's wifi card is not supported in os x i took apart a diffrent acer i had which had a broadcom 4311 card in it swaped the two cards installed drivers on the other acer ran like a charm with the aspire one card finished installing os x and right off the bat airport was working. now i booted into xp on the aspire one and of course it needs drivers for the new card... attempted to instale some and i am having no luck after 5 diffrent drivers it finaly took to one but still has the explanation point by the card in hardware profile and is not working.... anyone have a solutoin to a broadcom 4311 wireless driver for xp?

the actual card model is bcm94311mcg

Solved!!!! after hours of searching i ran across a site with someone showing people how to downgrade their vista and a link to the xp driver was posted!!! hell freaking yeah.... so in case anyone else has the same issue i found the solution at http://soulpass.com/2007/11/10/installing-...15-2153-laptop/

and the link to the download page for the driver is... http://www.acerpanam.com/synap…211bg_Broadcom_v4.2.2.7.zip

for some strange reason it is 75mb... but fock it it works...

once again the broadcom bcm94311mcg card works on osx86 without any kext editing

There is an easy Way for 43xx in 10.5.2 .....

I don't want to shock you - but is is so easy that I do not really understand, why nobody posted this before:

Just download the known Airport Extreme Patch 2008-4 and use good old Pacifist to open the package and to install all files.

Reboot.

Bingo.

So for all Guys having trouble updating from 10.5.2 just for getting their Broadcom 43xx to work: stop all orders for new WLAN Cards and go have fun with your build in.

The Airport Extreme Patch does natively only work with 10.5.5 - only way around is with Pacifist.

Kalyway has Pacifist included as Application - but you can download it anywhere.

Best regards and thanx to insanelyMac for my nice little Mac-Netbook Amilo Mini Ui .....

Hi,

I have the same pcmcia card, Linksys WPC54G (hardware version 3). My card have broadcom chipset, BCM4318 with PCI id pci14e4,4318. I have to put my hardware PCI id in AppleAirPortBrcm4311's Info.plist file:-

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist

If your card have same hardware version, maybe you have same chipset in it.

Hey Kizwan

Not to drag an old cow out of the ditch, but I seem to have a weird one here

NB This is a PPC mac (Powerbook G4 17" 1.67Ghz) running 10.4.11

So, I downloaded the Intel 10.4.11 combo update and grabbed the IO80211Family.kext using pacifist

Copied it to /System/Library/Extensions/

Ran the enabler (which of course broke my builtin wireless)

Now, when I insert the WPC54Gv3 card

Dmesg gives this:

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 1): vendor 0x14e4, device 0x4318

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 1): found 1 functions

IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 1)

IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0x90002000-0x90003fff

IOPCCard info: irq 255

It shows up as an "Unknown Vendor" "Network Controller" on the bar at the top

It does not show up under Network (I am assuming it is supposed to show up as en2 or en3)

Looking in "/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/Info.plist" I have

"<string>pci14e4,4318</string>"

Am I missing something here?

hi guys, i've broadcom 4322ag on my apsire 6930g, but 10.5.5 don't recognize my card, can you help me?tnx

Yes, find your device id with osx86tools (lspci), mine is 4315 for the card,

and add it in the script :

<string>pci14e4,4313</string>

<string>pci14e4,4315</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

Hello,

I bought Broadcom BCM4328 wifi card, mac sees card, new interface detected but card always appears as "off" hardware switch is on, wifi card led is on

P.S.

I'm on Asus F3Sc laptop :)