Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

I have got a PCI Buffalo Airstation WLI-PCI-G300N. Mainboard is GA-P35-DS3P.

The device ID of the Broadcom WLan chip is "4329".

It does run well under OS X 10.5.5 without any patch. After upgrading to OS X 10.5.6 (Combo-Update) it is still recognized, but its state is "OFF". The device ID is in the Plugin Broadcom.kext of IO80211...kext, I did not have to change Info.plist as it is in in Vanilla kext. Your shellscript does not enable it.

All other hardware does run well under 10.5.6, I have a Lan 3Com 3C905-TX (some in 10.5.6 thread had this issue not with WLan, but with this 3Com Lan adapter). Here the 3C905-TX does work well.

Only Info:

I tried a PCI Atheros 5007/5008 WLan Adpater Linksys WMP300N with the same result. Recognized and working without any driver at 10.5.5 and recognized but always in state "OFF" at 10.5.6.

I did read in the 10.5.6 thread, that some of you could enable it (both, Broadcom and Atheros), when they did delete /dsdt.aml and /S/L/Extensions.mkext after upgrading to 10.5.6 and than reboot. Here there is no positive result.

Yes, find your device id with osx86tools (lspci), mine is 4315 for the card,

and add it in the script :

<string>pci14e4,4313</string>

<string>pci14e4,4315</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

my string is there, but don't work... :D airport say to me is turned off, i turn on but no turn on)why? i'm on 10.5.5 i try also sudo -i/brc...... but terminal say : use only one character ....????

my string is there, but don't work... ;) airport say to me is turned off, i turn on but no turn on)why? i'm on 10.5.5 i try also sudo -i/brc...... but terminal say : use only one character ....????

there is a "space" between "-i" and "/"

Hello, I've a dell 1390 with a Broadcom 4311 chip on my acer aspire 5630 and my OS is Leopard 10.5.4.

My card is detected as an airport and I've the icon but I' can't Enable it, when i clic to activate... nothing happens.

What can I do? I read all Tutorial and Guides but my card does not work!

PS. I'm italian, excuse me for my English! :) I hope that you can understand me....

I have got a PCI Buffalo Airstation WLI-PCI-G300N. Mainboard is GA-P35-DS3P.

The device ID of the Broadcom WLan chip is "4329".

It does run well under OS X 10.5.5 without any patch. After upgrading to OS X 10.5.6 (Combo-Update) it is still recognized, but its state is "OFF". The device ID is in the Plugin Broadcom.kext of IO80211...kext, I did not have to change Info.plist as it is in in Vanilla kext. Your shellscript does not enable it.

All other hardware does run well under 10.5.6, I have a Lan 3Com 3C905-TX (some in 10.5.6 thread had this issue not with WLan, but with this 3Com Lan adapter). Here the 3C905-TX does work well.

Only for your nfo:

I tried a PCI Atheros 5007/5008 WLan Adpater Linksys WMP300N with the same result. Recognized and working without any driver at 10.5.5 and recognized but always in state "OFF" at 10.5.6.

I did read in the 10.5.6 thread, that some of you could enable it (both, Broadcom and Atheros), when they did delete /dsdt.aml and /S/L/Extensions.mkext after upgrading to 10.5.6 and than reboot. Here there is no positive result.

I could cure all symptoms (that the Airport is not enabled):

I did copy IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext (both are nescessary) from my old 10.5.5 installation to /Extra/Extensions and did remove those kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

Broadcom 4329 Airport PCI Buffalo 300N (and Atheros Airport Linksys PCI WMP300N as well) are working well now

No remaining issue left. But maybe some guru/wizzard can look at both kexts from 10.5.6?

hey gues i have a broadcom 4312 wireless card in my laptops its a HP TX2011AU (tablet pc) i gave up on mac a while ago but i decided to get bak into it coz i have more time i added your script then i added in my device id whi ch is: (14E4_4312) it has always found the wifi but it cannot see any networks or connect to any

any ideas guys

cheers

my string is there, but don't work... :censored2: airport say to me is turned off, i turn on but no turn on)why? i'm on 10.5.5 i try also sudo -i/brc...... but terminal say : use only one character ....????

I also have the same problem. Airport found but turned off.

E1505

Dell 1390/4311

iAtkos 5i 10.5.5

Any solutions?

To all that cannot turn "on" the wireless card.

Turn OFF Wireless Hot Keys in the bios wireless settings.

If this is left to ON, it will not allow the OS to turn on the WiFi card.

Once I turned it to OFF, I booted 10.5.5 and found my network instantly.

Good luck, I hope this works for you.

Only thing left for me to fix is the lid not turning back on after I close resulting in doing a hard reset, and cannot get USB key memory to automatically mount when plugged in. I have to restart system to get key to mount. Other than that, system is 100%....so it seems.

my System

Dell 6400 / E1505

iAtkos 5i / 10.5.5

1390/4311 (wireless)

Using both cores (yes)

Sticked in my brand new Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S and it worked O-O-B like a charm.

By the way there is a typo in description, it says WL12-PCI-G545 instead of WLI2-PCI-G54S.

Might cause troubles for ppl who are lookng for a compatible card.

In LSCPI card is recognized as a Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4318] (rev 02)

Under AirPort tab in System Profiler it says Wireless Card Type:Third Party Wireless Card

Here are some screenshots as a proof:

picture1nh4.png

picture3qv3.png

picture4om5.png

picture2dp5.png

picture5zn6.png

picture6gb2.png

Higly recommended product!

P.S. I'm running 10.5.5 installed from 10.5.4 Retail DVD.

Has any one got the a card Broadcom 4301 chip working? I have a linksys WMP11 v2.7 which is a broadcom chipset. It is a PCI card, but does not show up in the system profiler. Any ideas? It is running on a Kalyway install on an intel BX2 board.

I have the broadcom 4312 wifi on board my HP 550 notebook and installed the beta driver. I use Leopard 10.5.5 iDeneb.

It looked to go ok, but when i restart now the system crashes with the multi language message to shut down the computer and when i restart no wifi but now on every shutdown or restart the system crashes... :-(

Any ideas???

so i got a tip that placing my wifi card (4320) in a different PCI slot and it worked out great

so try that if it isn't "on"

To all that cannot turn "on" the wireless card.

Turn OFF Wireless Hot Keys in the bios wireless settings.

If this is left to ON, it will not allow the OS to turn on the WiFi card.

Once I turned it to OFF, I booted 10.5.5 and found my network instantly.

Thanks guys, I've added these things to the FAQ.

BTW: I just updated my script to version 0.5.1 :D

- mcsmart

Hallo to everybody,

thanks a lot to mcsmart for his superb work on broadcom cards.

I too mounted a Belkin wifi adapter (bcm 4306) in my hackintosh, and, thanks to his script (the newer one) my card is recognized as Airport.

I have a problem, though... maybe someone else has it too?

My Airport won't connect at boot...

I have to go to network preferences and push 'help' button to diagnose the network card connections and, finally, connect to my wifi router.

Can anybody tell me if there is a trick to have Airport connected at boot?

Thanks a lot!

Ciao (from Italy)!