Tiger 10.4.10 is in the works!

Prawker

43 posts in this topic

Exclusive: With the release of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard pushed back to October, Apple has bought itself more time to tie loose ends in the current Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger operating system and will put forth those fixes via its first "dot ten" software update in quite some time, AppleInsider has learned.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/05...or_testing.html

That would seem more likely. I don't recall that Apple's ever done a x.10 release. Else they might get into an IRIX-like naming quandry, with versions from 6.5.0 to 6.5.30 stretching an 8 year timespan. And that would be very very confusing.

Hmmm, 10.4.10 is a really bad name.

As a decimal 10.4.10 = 10.4.1

It'll just get confusing, I think. They should make it a security update.

Or they could call it 10.4.9 SP2.... :thumbsup_anim:

ITS NOT A DECIMAL. when did you ever see a decimal with mutliple decimal points??

10.4.10 makes perfect sense - read it as 'major release ten, minor release four, sub-release ten'. 10 != 1 last time I checked.

im glad this is coming out, as it finally shuts up those people who claimed 10.4.9 MUST be the last update before tiger. there's absolutely no reason they couldnt go to 10.4.10 (or even 10.4.100 or 1000 if they really wanted to).

I guess 10.4.9.1 could work, but wouldn't that mean that 10.4.9 wasn't complete or had bugs, so they are just re-releasing patch for the 10.4.9. Maybe they would switch to roman numerals and use 10.4.X. That may get confusing eventually...

ITS NOT A DECIMAL. when did you ever see a decimal with mutliple decimal points??

10.4.10 makes perfect sense - read it as 'major release ten, minor release four, sub-release ten'. 10 != 1 last time I checked.

im glad this is coming out, as it finally shuts up those people who claimed 10.4.9 MUST be the last update before tiger. there's absolutely no reason they couldnt go to 10.4.10 (or even 10.4.100 or 1000 if they really wanted to).

Yeah, that makes sense. To be honest, 10.4.10 isn't that weird of a version number. :)

- Sb.

im glad this is coming out, as it finally shuts up those people who claimed 10.4.9 MUST be the last update before tiger.

You mean leopard :hysterical: Hopefully the update will include Core Animation and Time Machine ^_^

Why are people still suggesting 10.4.9a and 10.4.9.1 and 10.4.9 Update 1 etc. when it has been clearly confirmed that it will be called 10.4.10? Give it a rest!

10.4.10:

10 - Operating System version

4 - Platform version (this is 5 version of the platform)

10 - Service Release (maintenance update)