ALC880 Audio works!!!

skippyretard

236 posts in this topic

It could be that Mac OS X sees your hardware differently and is not using 10ec0880.

In a terminal type in ioreg -l the output will display information about your hardware there will be a section for your audio hardware and contained there will be the device and vendor id's etc.

It could be that Mac OS X sees your hardware differently and is not using 10ec0880.

In a terminal type in ioreg -l the output will display information about your hardware there will be a section for your audio hardware and contained there will be the device and vendor id's etc.

ok i will try it, when my system boot up in the bios information says other vendor and hardware id, i will search in the ioreg file for those.

I let you know, and thanks for your help

I have no sound, my hardware,

Gigabyte K8N51GMF-9

OSX 10.4.5

All work :D except for the sound

ALC 0880

Ven_id 10ec dev_id 0880

I edit Appleazalia and appleHDA with 0x10ec0880 but no kext load, and I got no sound, I dont know what else can I do.

Please Help me

hey..i've the same problem..

i don't know model chip of my realtek high definition audio device

using system information i found out the same ven and dev id

VEN_10EC DEV_0882

and i've no sound ;)

ahn..what should i do..i don't even know how to repair permissions ecc ecc...so i need a step to step guide :/

thank u!!

hey..i've the same problem..

i don't know model chip of my realtek high definition audio device

using system information i found out the same ven and dev id

VEN_10EC DEV_0882

and i've no sound :(

ahn..what should i do..i don't even know how to repair permissions ecc ecc...so i need a step to step guide :/

thank u!!

Ditch AppleHDA. It won't run correctly in almost every version. It conflicts Azalia as it is. However, I'm still trying to get Line-In to work. And AppleHDA seems to be like the only one to support it. I got it to work once with line in, but it seemed to loop the output to the input due to address issues. So basicly, no idea why that was. Try getting rid of AppleHDA and edit that Azalia to make it work. Remember there are other kexts inside azalia that you have to edit as well, I believe in the resources or plugins folder inside the kext. They have info.plists as well. Good luch chief.

EDIT----Working on the new 10.4.6 versions of AppleHDA... wish me luck!

Did some serious modding, but it says cannot load due to 'layout id' property. Any ideas on how I can see this error log or other ideas?

I can anyone help, not sure what to do. would like sound,

I have 10.4.5 installed

3400 AMD with MSI Motherboard

here is my sound card... not sure if or where to input the ids,

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0880&SUBSYS_1462E603&REV_1008

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Thanks

Kevin

I can anyone help, not sure what to do. would like sound,

I have 10.4.5 installed

3400 AMD with MSI Motherboard

here is my sound card... not sure if or where to input the ids,

Description: Realtek HD Audio output

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0880&SUBSYS_1462E603&REV_1008

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Thanks

Kevin

I have sound now i did this

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=12186

Working on the new 10.4.6 versions of AppleHDA... wish me luck!

Did some serious modding, but it says cannot load due to 'layout id' property. Any ideas on how I can see this error log or other ideas?

Hi Wayland. I saw your posts in the Sigmatel Audio thread regarding the AppleHDA 10.4.3 kext that managed to get line in and out. I got the same result as you, but that kext is buggy and pretty much unusable, as the volume slider works bad and latency is {censored} all over the place. Besides, all I got as an output are my laptop speakers (same as with azalia). So I think the best we can do is modify 10.4.5 or 4.6 HDA kexts.

I have been able to successfully load AppleHDA 10.4.5 with no critical dependencies missing, gut I guess the pin layout is wrong. I think Vaiosx was looking into modding AppleHDA kext to work an all HDA soundcards, so you migth want to PM him for advice.

Thnx for looking into this, at least now I know I'm not alone ;)

I have a Sony Vaio FS15LP, which has ALC260(10ec0260).

Does anyone have any clue making sound work on this one?

I've searched all over this forum and started a thread on this subject

but nobody seems to know.

The model is VGN-FS15LP

Intel 915PM

Intel Dothan 1.6Ghz

Nvidia 6200go turbocache

1GB pc2700 ddr

4200rpm Hitachi HD

Intel HD audio chipset is ALC260

osx 10.4.6 installed

Hi all,

Seems like sound is supposed to be working with ALC880 and I have followed this thread since day one. Somehow I seem to have failed in my endeavours. The kexts have been hacked away and still nothing (except the original post method on 10.4.3)! Should sound work with a 915-gm mb and 10.4.5 with modified 10.4.3 AppleAzaliaAudio kexts (with AppleHDA removed)? Does it matter if dependencies are not met ie "com.apple.iokit.IOHDAudioFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found" etc etc.? Does sound stay after soft or hard reboots? I'd be grateful for any answers to these questions, particularly that associated with dependencies. It would appear there are a lot of these not met throughout the kexts.

Many thanks

EDIT: Oh dear, a little more effort in reading posts and looking at the HDA kext would have sorted out everything! Now with 1099 version all is ok. Thanks

Hi Wayland. I saw your posts in the Sigmatel Audio thread regarding the AppleHDA 10.4.3 kext that managed to get line in and out. I got the same result as you, but that kext is buggy and pretty much unusable, as the volume slider works bad and latency is {censored} all over the place. Besides, all I got as an output are my laptop speakers (same as with azalia). So I think the best we can do is modify 10.4.5 or 4.6 HDA kexts.

I have been able to successfully load AppleHDA 10.4.5 with no critical dependencies missing, gut I guess the pin layout is wrong. I think Vaiosx was looking into modding AppleHDA kext to work an all HDA soundcards, so you migth want to PM him for advice.

Thnx for looking into this, at least now I know I'm not alone :)

Yeah, mine is the same way, very buggy. However, my headphone jack works on the side, and disables and re-enables the speakers after connection and disconection. That is probley due to the overwhelming great design of Asus laptops! :)

Yeah, mine is the same way, very buggy. However, my headphone jack works on the side, and disables and re-enables the speakers after connection and disconection. That is probley due to the overwhelming great design of Asus laptops! :)

I also have an Asus lappy and 1099 kext is very buggy on mise. So much I only use azalia now. The main volume slider works {censored} and connecting line out to my speakers wont work. It would be better to hack current AppleHDA kexts which I have tried with no luck :)

Hey Peops,

Here an other Problem; I have an ALC860 that was running fine under 10.4.1 and 10.4.3, but now in 10.4.6 no chance to get it working! I have tried to transfer the kext from 10.4.3 but with no sucess. If anyone will post me a link or a finished driver :-) i will get really happy!!

Thanks to this comunity, that made my dream true, to run osx on my pc!

The real problem is that there are so many different sound cards, and one driver to try and make them all work. With so many different sound cards, it's hard to make the HDA fit each one. The only way it will get done is if someone was to figure the code and make a different HDA for each card. The likelyhood of that is slim. We're all throwing stones at the dragon, what we need is someone with a big ass spear who knows how to throw it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I've read almost anything on this forum relating to sound issues. I have a MSI 945G + ICH7 with Realtek ALC880 audio chip!

What should I do to make my sound work? I'm on 10.4.5 Myz system.

The networking and graphics (GMA 950) worked right out of the box. I actually bought this mobo just so I could get everything working...

I'm a noob when it comes to macs, so please keep it simple... :D

If there is a topic that has dealt with this problem, let me know if I've missed it.

I can also be reached through email: possa at hotmail dot com

Thank you everyone for making my boring pc a beautiful mac!!! :happymac:

thanks in advance for your help!

/ bill :angel:

hi guys...

i tried to modify /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/info.plist but input and output doesn't work.

i have got ALC880 sound card on INTEL 915 chipset

my info.plist file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>AppleHDAController</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>1.1.0a20, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2005</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>HDA Controller Driver</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.1.0</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>1.1.0a20</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>Intel ICH7 HDA</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleHDAController</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x27D88086 0x26688086</string>

0x26688086

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>

<string>1.0.0d1</string>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily</key>

<string>1.0.0d1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>1.1</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>

<string>8.0.0b3</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>8.0.0b3</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>8.0.0b3</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>

<string>8.0.0b3</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

this is correct? if not please post me another one correct thanks

i'm italian than sorry my very bad english

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody look carefully here !!

I have a Gigabyte motherboard with Intel chipset i945G

and here's the web page for it ... please some body take a look at the apecification on the page and tell me how to get my Audio In/Out and my built-in LAN working!! :P

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mother...tName=GA-8I945G

Everything else working just GREAT!

3.2GHz / 2MB L2 Cache

2x512MB RAM

40GB WD ATA

120GB Maxtor ATA

Intel Graphix 950 GMA

I really appreciate giving ur time to help people like me!

Thanx for all the people working on this forum.

hi, does anyone knows how to get 2-channel output on my Realtek ALC650 (Abit Ic7-Max3 [intel 875 board])? One side sound was there out of the box, im jsut wondering if theres anything i can do to make it work on both speakers. THanks

• 3 months later...

Well, I am back again. I am having serious sound issues.

I was originally running 10.4.3 upon install sound worked great until shutdown and restart then sound would NEVER come back no matter what kext i used.

I did a fresh install of 10.4.6 and sound worked great. It used the Azalia driver by default. Kept working after shutdowns and restarts until this afternoon. I shutdown the machine and it was gone.

At the moment it is loading AppleAC97Audio and AppleAzaliaAudio drivers however I have no sound output or input.

Any one have any ideas. This is all a need to get working and then im 100% (- QE)

EDIT: Well I tried the AppleHDA.kext from this thread and added my ID String and upon reboot I have output and input All I really need at this point is Output. Until i get my Mac Pro once leopard is released.

Thanks in Advance

DeX