ALC880 Audio works!!!

skippyretard

236 posts in this topic

Hm, hi Dex,

thats funny, we all play with these kexts and have NO SOUND, but you got Sound every Change? With Input.. please explain, what you have done to get Input and Output and where and what you have inserted in the hda.kext, what hda.kext you have used.

I can send you my azalia.kext, i have sound after change to the alc882 Vendor and ID but have sound after reboots and shutdowns.

please tell us more about, what you have done...

thx.. rene

Well, I am back again. I am having serious sound issues.

I was originally running 10.4.3 upon install sound worked great until shutdown and restart then sound would NEVER come back no matter what kext i used.

I did a fresh install of 10.4.6 and sound worked great. It used the Azalia driver by default. Kept working after shutdowns and restarts until this afternoon. I shutdown the machine and it was gone.

At the moment it is loading AppleAC97Audio and AppleAzaliaAudio drivers however I have no sound output or input.

Any one have any ideas. This is all a need to get working and then im 100% (- QE)

EDIT: Well I tried the AppleHDA.kext from this thread and added my ID String and upon reboot I have output and input All I really need at this point is Output. Until i get my Mac Pro once leopard is released.

Thanks in Advance

DeX

Did you have checked the Input, or does you have seen it in audio Midi Configuration...

so we have it seen too, but have still no Input working....

Rene,

I am running Tiger 10.4.6.

Upon installation I had sound working for 2 days using the Azalia kext however it stopped working, and I was unable to get it to work again using that kext.

I now have HDAudio Output, Optical DigitalIn, Audio LineIn

Here are AppleHDA.kext directions:

1. Get the AppleHDA.kext posted by Callysto

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=83000

2. Save the Original AppleHDA.kext, AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, and AppleAC97Audio.kext to another location then delete them from the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Copy recently downloaded AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

3. Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Using your favorite editor (I perfer "vi")

4. Change the following <String> to match your Controller ID

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x26688086</string>

If you can boot into windows under Device Manager -> System Devices you should see something similar to Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio check the device/Vendor ID for that device.

In the following format 0x + DeviceID + VendorID

Example

My Vendor ID: 8086

My Device ID: 2668

My String: 0x26688086 (Intel Chipset 925)

5. Save file after you make your changes.

6. Now change owner and Permissions on AppleHDA.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

and

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

7. Delete kextcache files

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions*

8. Reboot computer and you should be good to go.

Let me know how you make out.

DeX

Thx for these detailed Instruction, have made it, but have Sound Out, withot working Volumeslider, but still no Inputs, The Inputs are shown in Audio-Midi-Configuration but not working.

have tried around to copy the "newer" portmapped HDA-kext into the old one, but no working results.

Think, we have to wait until the new kernel is available, that is supporting the new hda-kexts.

bye..Rene

Here is a screenshot of my Input Options I do not know if they are working... I will try them in alittle bit and see if they work.

Edit* I tried both Digital In and Analog Input and both of them work. However I could not hear it directly to through speakers. I probably am doing something wrong. But what i did do was hook up a CD player through both Analog and Digital connections and used Audacity to record a quick wav file.

So does Audio Input work...YES it does indeed work.

DeX

post-6982-1157822807_thumb.jpg

If you goto System Preferences -> Sound -> Sound Input click on DigitalIn there is no Input on Volume digital control because its a true digital signal. However, I did see the Input Level meter change as the sound was produced.

Not sure why the audio didnt just loop through to the speakers but Audacity picked up the signal and I was able to record a quick sample and play it back through the speakers.

Ultimately i would love to get my keyboard hooked up to my machine for midi and sound editing. :D

here is a link to Audacity its a free download.

http://audacityteam.org/mac/

hm... my levelmeter shows no audiosignal....

equal on spdif or line in.

i will try with audacity.

ok, have tested it. but no sound in, maybe because we have the Realtek ALC882-Chip.

Go to Start, you got no 4000$, and have to search from the beginning....

:D

Thanks for Your Help.....

nothing it went smooth.. im reinstalling mac os x...

Huh?

When you followed the Appendix in the ALC882 guide, part A had you look up a vendor id and device id for the audio codec. It should have had a device id of either 0860 or 0880 which is used in the first set of numbers you replace.

Then part B gets the vendor id and device id of the controller, which is used in the second set of numbers you replace.

What device id did you get for part A, 0860 or 0880?

well because from my driver cd that intel provided me with wouldnt install the sound, so i went to realtek.com and downloaded it and installed and worked fine... i dont know....

but after im done installing a new copy of mac os x i should put 0860 and how about on the other string? change it to 2668? or to the one you provided on your thread? and thank you...

but after im done installing a new copy of mac os x i should put 0860 and how about on the other string? change it to 2668? or to the one you provided on your thread?

You need to use the numbers you get from Device Manager in Windows. Because when the OS quizzes the hardware and it gives a number, that number has to be in the kexts in order for it to work.

Hi everybody

I have an Intel915GUX mobo with Realtek HDAudio DevID=10ecd, vendor ID=0880 and after a lot of try

and error I finally get sound, the first problem I found was that my soundcard was rightfully recognized,

also the kekts have the right information, the solution? deleting the AppleAzaliaAudio.kekt; apparently it

was interfering with AppleHDA.kekt, also I delete the Extensions.kektcache and the extension.mkekt. I hope this solve the problem to all who have the same system. ;)

Has anybody gotten this working on the ALC880d for the intel D915PBL motherboard? I made the changes to the driver information file, but no audio and the system profiler indicates likewise. Doesn't show a vendor ID or anything. I guess I'll have to reboot into windows and see if I can find it *shrug*

EDIT: How are these long hex strings being calculated? I can't make sense out of the numbers that you guys are putting in the <string> tags.

• 2 weeks later...
To make it easier I'm going to compile the kext's for ALC860,ALC880, and ALC882 so it will work with all Intel HD Audio. I may need help getting the ven and dev ids. If you've got them please post them here.

i have a jetway mobo with a built in sound card, heres the manufactures info:

Realtek ALC880 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC (AZALIA Audio CODEC)

And my Ven ID is 1102 dev is 0880

I've finally got my ALC880 audio working on ECS 915-m5 mobo. Many people have had same problem so here it is.

1)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/info.plist

2)add 0x26688086 under <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key><string>0x27D88086 0x26688086</string>

3)save and exit

4)navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/

5)delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext

6)Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

7)select your hard disk and click repair permissions

8)Reboot

You should now have Line Out and Line In working!

*EDIT* After the first reboot I had Line Out and Line In, I noticed only AppleHDA.kext's were loaded. Another reboot loaded AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and now I only have HD Audio Output. I will experiment more tonight, I was enjoying telling my PC what to do with Speech Recognition.

*EDIT* This only seems to work with ICH6

*EDIT* I no longer have a 915 mobo do to a severe lightning storm, so my support on this will be limited.

1, I can not find the AppleHDA.kext, how can I get it?

2, How can I edit the AppleHDA.kext?

Pls help me out. Thanx