10.4.9 update from software update

*MiK

160 posts in this topic

I don't get a kernel panic but screen freezes at "Started CPU 01"

That happens with the hpet kernel, without hpet, i get a kernel panic at the same message.

Tried my paulicat kernel backup, can't boot too..

Guess it's time for a reinstall :whistle:

I also get the same error: my screen halts at "started CPU 01"

Read my specs and please try to tell me what to do. I really don't want to be obligated to reinstall. That would be terrible!!! Too many things to do, too little time, etc.

Should I try with 8.9.1 kernel or what???? Please.. :)

For those who were freezing after the install (not "STARTED CPU 01", but a freeze after the Buffer Allocation message), just boot into the terminal off the DVD and copy all your old kexts back (from the backup you made). Your system will at least boot again be back to where it was without a reinstall. Time to attempt this update again :(

For those who were freezing after the install (not "STARTED CPU 01", but a freeze after the Buffer Allocation message), just boot into the terminal off the DVD and copy all your old kexts back (from the backup you made). Your system will at least boot again be back to where it was without a reinstall. Time to attempt this update again :(

BugsBunny has given the answer just before you wrote, and that works well, without the need of going back to 10.4.8!

Now I am in 10.4.9 safely. The only problem is that I don't get my Azalia Audio (previously gotten by using Taruga's method) work.

This seems to be the thread that most of the development work of 10.4.9 is being done on, so I figured I would post this here.

I currently have a 10.4.9 Questions and Answers post where I am listing some of the different installation methods as well as answering some common questions. I would appreciate it if anyone develops an install package or new method of installation to please PM me with the forum link to your method/package.

I am hoping to use the thread I have listed as a clearing house of knowledge for newb's or those not really too familiar with osX86 on hackintosh boxes. That way the actual development threads can continue without people posting "Does this work on AMD?" every four or five posts.

For those who were freezing after the install (not "STARTED CPU 01", but a freeze after the Buffer Allocation message), just boot into the terminal off the DVD and copy all your old kexts back (from the backup you made). Your system will at least boot again be back to where it was without a reinstall. Time to attempt this update again :D

Whewww!!!! This worked. Thanks! (And you too Bugs!!)

In my case I booted from another experimental install. Made the copy back and repaired permissions. I did lose my sound (STAC9220) but re-ran Tarugas installer, rebooted and that came back.

ATM is showing that I am at 10.4.9. Is this correct or do I really need to try the update again?

Alright I installed the 10.4.9 update and broke it so I tried again this time using the paulicat solution, and it seems to work I now have 10.4.9. With only one problem I cant mount a .dmg file anymore, says the device is not configured. Any ideas on why this might be.

My specs are

1.6 core duo (t2050)

1gig ddr2 @ 533

100gig drive

GMA950

10.4.9 works on my Bad-Axe2 based Hack, but after this update I was unable to play highend games like UT2004 and Quake 4, these games cause Kernel Panics with every kernel I tried: '4 versions of Semthex', 'DaemonES' and 'Paulicat'.

Do I need to replace some OpenGL files?

With all the advice of Kiko (on the IRC channel) I got everything working again!

I restored all my .kext files (from the 10.4.8 backup) and replaced the 10.4.9 OpenGL.framework file with the 10.4.8 one. Also restored the Kernel.framework and installed paulicat's 'AppleSMBios.kext' and 'IOATAFamily.kext'...

Now everything is working fine for me.. (altough it should have felt better when the 8.9.1 kernel was working ;))

Edited by KasperNL

10.4.9 works on my Bad-Axe2 based Hack, but after this update I was unable to play highend games like UT2004 and Quake 4, these games cause Kernel Panics with every kernel I tried: '4 versions of Semthex', 'DaemonES' and 'Paulicat'.

Do I need to replace some OpenGL files?

Exact same problem for me m8 , Compatability is {censored} so im off back too 10.4.8

@ Ace Raider: you're welcome.

Binary hacked 8.9.1 hpet kernel was really slow on my sys, so using skillfully compiled Semthex kernel (latest) again :)

Edited by BugsBunny

Hi everyone!, I updated my system to 10.4.9, i backed up system & kernel files and installed

the update, repair permisions then reboot... and reboot again... and again and again...

Now i can't start the OS, trying to use the -x -v -s commands but nothin only reboot again :P

I'm really new with this OS and i want to learn... any idea how to fix without the need to reinstall

again?

Thanks for all!!!

use any version of osx dvds to boot your computer, and you can handle your hd using terminal on install process.

just use terminal only to handle hd, do not install osx.

after replacing kernel, quit the installer and reboot normally.

Edited by cloudy

doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :P

picture2lc8.png

nop, because i can't access the HD, i boot up with winxp and installed MacDrive but don't

apppear the hd, any suggestion?... Remember i'm newbie :P

thanks.

lol...... my first "upgrade" to 10.4.9 blow up my mac os partition.....

:D

okeyy...

i feel my mac os slow.....

how to return to 10.4.8 ??? :P

Hey,

I followed this step by step, and after reboot i am stuck at the boot screen with the spinning logo. HELP.

I have a ASUS P4P800-E, ATI 9200SE, P4 3Ghz HT, 1.5GB RAM. was running perfect on Jas 10.4.8.

any suggestions?

Works perfectly without any reported issues or incompatibilities :)

I only replaced mach_kernel with semthex's kernel, AppleSMBIOS.kext, system.kext, IOATAFamily.kext from 10.4.8 and nothing else- Audio, Video, Networking etc all working!!!

A noticeable speed increase in opening menu, folders, accessing dmgs/drives/networks, running/refreshing server admin is more responsive and much faster, the interface is much snappier, dock magnification isn't hanging anymore- this machine is literally flying... back to crunching- BOINC!

Cheers =)