10.4.9 update from software update

*MiK

160 posts in this topic

I have tried this, and was able to get the update installed, installed the newest kernel witht he script, and replaced the kekt that it says to replace, and now on reboot I get the apple screen with the spinning circle below it. It has been sitting at that screen since yesterday afternoon.

Anyone have any suggestions?

ben

press f8 right before the apple screen comes up. at the boot prompt type '-v' to start in verbose mode...post any errors or where is freezes.

10.4.9 kernel from mikfi is working great on mine i dont see why u'll need improvment from the original apple code?

one of the main reasons for me is the speedstep and I guess for most laptop owners..

paulicats kernel is working phenomenally for me with the throttler kext. I'm really happy with all aspects of it.

also in 8.9.1, I experiance wierdness with sound, more specifically for example when i launch itunes, for second

of the audio is distorded. it fixes itself though.. and video is sluggish as well.

The semthex nd2_3 and paulicat kernel is highly optimized.

my point is for the time being its is great to expriment and improve the performance of this new kernel..

for average user however, I think its best to keep their perfect system.

my ;) , and yeah it is Netkas who made the kernel. :whistle:

Ok i don`t have working 8.9.1 kernel use last version from irc but still give me a kernel panic.

'unresolved trap (CPU 0, Type 0=divide error) ,register

What can i do ?

Gigabyte DS4 rev1 biosF5 Core2Duo E6600 AtiX1600Xt

post-3123-1174002363_thumb.jpg

Edited by lilos

Its fully functional, its just the way people are installing, when i get home (after i get some sleep) i'll see if i can throw together a new pkg

Bingo baby!!!

Come save us

Can someone confirm 10.4.9 can fix the slow boot problem - which problem can fix by disable the update prebinding?

And someone can show me the link for step by step Update to 10.4.9 from 10.4.8 Jas DVD Reseed

Thanks

Actually that is right, the problem caused by Application Enhancer 2.0.2 from Unsanity.

The good news: they upgraded the module 3 days ago! ;)

"New in version 2.0.3:

"Fixed a bug with corrupt Application Enhancers directory causing Application Enhancers preference pane to fail to load.

Did some optimizations for the Mac OS X 10.4.9 update."

http://unsanity.com/haxies/ape

10.4.9 update -> reset = I had a reboot cycle aftrer power ON

So I tried to reinstall OSX from 10.4.8 DVD.

Now have:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x003A8CFF)): Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

Debugger called: <panic>

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: sat Oct 28...

May be now I need to copy some files in a terminal mode from OSX DVD menu?

thanks

Edited by Xopek

Did you reinstall to a clean partition, or a preexisting install of 10.4.9?

?????, when I corrupted my system, I used another OS X partition (Until that point a linux drive), installed 10.4.6 on it, then from that install, downloaded the COMBO 10.4.9 install, upgraded my original partition, replaced a few of the kexts and the kernel with the 10.4.8 version and nebuchadnezzar 2.3 respectively, and did the usual deleting cache and updating permissions farce.

Humm. . .

I used Paulicat's SMBIOS, 10.4.8:

system.kext,

AppleACPIPlatform,

IOATAFamily,

AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.

Think that was about it. Will almost certainly be slightly different for a different system - Season to taste.

The issue is for Semthex and Netkas that they don't have 10.4.9 source like they had the 8.8.1 code. So their hacks are patched binaries. Alot harder to do, especially to do well. Still, they've got it booting on multiple systems, so I guess they're close to perfection.

Hey Swad, there's no cyrillic support!!!!! ;-;

Did you reinstall to a clean partition, or a preexisting install of 10.4.9?

On the preexist , I have only one OSX patition and one fat32 for WinXP.

I used Paulicat's SMBIOS, 10.4.8:

system.kext,

AppleACPIPlatform,

IOATAFamily,

AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.

Where are this files in my OSX drive? Can I find their old versions on my OSC installetion DVD?

thanks

PS I may write files on OSC drive from WinXp via MacDrive 7.

Edited by Xopek

On the preexist , I have only one OSX patition and one fat32 for WinXP.

Where are this files in my OSX drive? Can I find their old versions on my OSC installetion DVD?

thanks

PS I may write files on OSC drive from WinXp via MacDrive 7.

Have you registered MacDrive 7? (How??? ;) )

otherwise if it expires, you'll not be able to write files on OSC drive... :hysterical:

Actually that is right, the problem caused by Application Enhancer 2.0.2 from Unsanity.

The good news: they upgraded the module 3 days ago! :hysterical:

"New in version 2.0.3:

"Fixed a bug with corrupt Application Enhancers directory causing Application Enhancers preference pane to fail to load.

Did some optimizations for the Mac OS X 10.4.9 update."

http://unsanity.com/haxies/ape

I confirm that no more prebinding bug ;) I can use clear dock once again

Hi,

Im afraid Ive got a blue screen with a mouse pointer after installing using the paulicat method given here. Does anyone have a suggestion? Ive got a backup of my 10.4.8 extensions. My graphics card is a nvidia 7800gt. ho hum.

thanks

N

edit: I copied all the NV extensions from my backup to the extensions folder repaired permissions and now im booting again. I guess Ill need to edit the 10.4.9 NV extensions to add a device id or something. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Nicky

Edited by nickytl

Any one tried the 10.4.9 update from the little GREEN DEMON?

Yes, and it is working for most people, but not for all. Do a search for the 10.4.9 Loki thread, check it out, and post your results there if you decide to give it a go.

I updated my OSX 10.4.8 (JaS 10.4.4 and 10.4.8) install to 10.4.9 and, after replacing IOATAFamily.kext and System.kext was able to boot again.

Unfortunately, I have suddenly lost quartz extreme. My card is an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.

I have tried replacing the following kexts with previous versions, to no avail:

AppleSMBIOS

AppleIntegratedFramebuffer

IOGraphicsFamily

AppleAPIC

AppleACPIPlatform

I also tried to add the drivers from ATI_9600_C008_AGP.pkg (even though I'm pretty sure my card is not agp).

Please tell me which kext to revert.

I updated my OSX 10.4.8 (JaS 10.4.4 and 10.4.8) install to 10.4.9 and, after replacing IOATAFamily.kext and System.kext was able to boot again.

Unfortunately, I have suddenly lost quartz extreme. My card is an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.

I have tried replacing the following kexts with previous versions, to no avail:

AppleSMBIOS

AppleIntegratedFramebuffer

IOGraphicsFamily

AppleAPIC

AppleACPIPlatform

I also tried to add the drivers from ATI_9600_C008_AGP.pkg (even though I'm pretty sure my card is not agp).

Please tell me which kext to revert.

Im on nvidia so not really relevent but...

I had to add my device id to GeForce.kext and also change to using the first version of natit. Id never had to add device id previously. I had ben using natit dual screen v 0.02. That didnt work with 10.4.9, neither did the installer. I didnt switch Apple Integrated Framebuffer or IOGraphicsFamily but did the others you mention above.