Mac OS X 10.5 - 9a377a Client & Server Released on ADC

Adrian Fogge

208 posts in this topic

The reason nobody is giving you links is because it's against the forum rules to give them. So stop asking and get it yourself.

A great place to get it is developer.apple.com/ You sign up for the 500$ account and have access to this build and all the previous builds and all the future builds of Leopard that are released this year.

You even get access to 10.4.9 builds and pretty just about anything else Apple can provide.

Yep, ADC Select rocks!

Add to that, the Hardware Discount that you get.

If you are going to buy a new Mac, in many cases you can buy ADC + your computer for less than retail.

For example, Mac Pro for $2000 base price, and then substantial discounts if you are going to do upgrades like the 3GHz processors, memory, disks, etc.

I got my Mac Pro with the 3GHz processors, 8GB memory, 4 500GB Disks and the ATI 1900XT for $2900 plus shipping.

Sure, I already had ADC but if I were to make a new purchase of a high end or customized Mac, I would definitely buy ADC first because you can still save a couple hundred even after the $500.

As well, it gets you a full license of OS X upon it's release. So, slice $130 off of your future expenses.

how much is the hardware discount for apple developer select?

edit: I just looked it up, you got a 7580 dollar mac pro for 2900?? that's not possible...

Yeah, it's pretty strange.

Usually, ADC provides 20% of discount. So almost 500$ for a 2500$ computers, it just refund the price of the ADC Select...

It is real from the perspective that it is a real news story about a real company putting real money on Apple doing something on their 6 year aniversary of OS X to make their stock go up considerably.

As far as whether Leopard will really be released there, no one knows.

They were simply making a hypothesis.

I seriously believe that Apple will hold an event on March 27th to discuss OS X, where it has been, and where it is going.

Adobe is already doing the same, and I doubt that they would have chosen that day at random if there was not something else going on.

Although, that also is a hypothesis.

well now that I finally have it, I am having trouble installing it...here is the log

Mar 15 09:51:23 localhost Unknown[130]: Creating destination path

Mar 15 09:51:23 localhost Unknown[130]: Validating package payload

Mar 15 09:52:22 localhost installdb[184]: done. (7.119u + 2.850s)

Mar 15 09:54:54 localhost Unknown[130]: The AdditionalSpeechVoices package failed to validate.

Mar 15 09:54:55 localhost Unknown[130]: Install failed: The Installer could not validate the contents of the ‘AdditionalSpeechVoices’ package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Mar 15 09:54:56 localhost Unknown[130]: Memory statistics for 'Install Failed' pane:

Mar 15 09:54:56 localhost Unknown[130]: Physical Memory Allocation: 236 MB wired, 169 MB active, 1618 MB inactive, 2023 MB used, 23 MB free, 2048 MB total

what is that all about?? (note: I installed 9a343 with no problem.

Either a damaged DMG, a damaged Restore, or a damaged Record.

If you recorded to a DVD, re-record to a different one at a lower speed.

If you restored to a hard drive, make sure you erase the drive before restoring.

If neither of those work, then you got screwed on your download and it is time to try downloading it again...

Sorry.

i read this: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2558

is it real? a few weeks. If i think of 3-4 weeks, it's really close :)

Judging from all the bugs that were still in this build, I would dought that Mac would release it yet. If they are trying to win over Windows users then there new operating system better have a HUGE wow factor. And that doesn't seem to be build in to any of the builds yet.

I guess Mac over all has a wow factor of ease of use.. but they need something to really grab the nuts of a windows user and bring them over to our side.

Also...expect to find out a release date a month or so before the actual release. They like to have pre-orders and in-store release party type things...or atleast they keep the stores open later.

I really wish people would stop comparing the Leopard release date with the current builds. THESE ARE MONTHS OLD compared to the internal builds. They are stripped of any "secret" additions. They are released to help developers code their programs for leopards time machine, resolution {censored}, core animation, and such. The internal builds are what you need if your gonna shoot down release date rumors. But you don't have an internal build! So stop talking like you know what you are talking about! :star_smile: :censored2: :censored2:

</end rant>

I really wish people would stop comparing the Leopard release date with the current builds. THESE ARE MONTHS OLD compared to the internal builds. They are stripped of any "secret" additions. They are released to help developers code their programs for leopards time machine, resolution {censored}, core animation, and such. The internal builds are what you need if your gonna shoot down release date rumors. But you don't have an internal build! So stop talking like you know what you are talking about! :):P :censored2:

</end rant>

well, this is what you think, it may be true, but it also may be false…