Mac OS X 10.5 - 9a377a Client & Server Released on ADC

Adrian Fogge

208 posts in this topic

If you end up getting one please let me know if you can somehow get it to play DivX movies also.. i would like to replace my eyeHome but i don't feel like changing everything over to .mov files.

I've imported my AVIs into Tunes by creating a Referenced Movie file with QT Pro, instead of actually converting all the files to H.264. If AppleTV doesn't play them I will be extremely disappointed.

Edited by solipsism

I've imported my AVIs into Tunes by creating a Referenced Movie file with QT Pro, instead of actually converting all the files to H.264. If AppleTV doesn't play them I will be extremely disappointed.

I haven't tried this out under Leopard yet, but in Tiger, if you download the Divx Player for Mac and put the DivX Decoder.component and the DivX Encoder.component into the QuickTime folder within your root Library, QuickTime can play back the .avi movie files just fine. You don't even need to have the actual Divx Player installed if all you want to do is to play the .avi files within Quicktime; just the two aforementioned .component files. I'd be very much surprised if these files won't play fine on AppleTV.

Now I've been told that Leopard is supposed to include the DivX.component files, but maybe I just misunderstood. Perhaps they will be included in the next version of QuickTime that should be out any day now.

just noticed something

now you can only run 1 package install at a time like windows, the installer now waits for the current installer to complete.

this always happened in leopard.

I haven't tried this out under Leopard yet, but in Tiger, if you download the Divx Player for Mac and put the DivX Decoder.component and the DivX Encoder.component into the QuickTime folder within your root Library, QuickTime can play back the .avi movie files just fine. You don't even need to have the actual Divx Player installed if all you want to do is to play the .avi files within Quicktime; just the two aforementioned .component files. I'd be very much surprised if these files won't play fine on AppleTV.

Now I've been told that Leopard is supposed to include the DivX.component files, but maybe I just misunderstood. Perhaps they will be included in the next version of QuickTime that should be out any day now.

The only problem here is that AppleTV plays back its files locally. Therefore, Divx movies won't work in the same way they don't work on a 5g iPod. This is the exact reason I will not buy AppleTV, because I have hundreds of AVI videos.

The only problem here is that AppleTV plays back its files locally. Therefore, Divx movies won't work in the same way they don't work on a 5g iPod. This is the exact reason I will not buy AppleTV, because I have hundreds of AVI videos.

Well, it surely can't take that long to convert it on a 24" iMac....

I think i get 30% real time on my Powerbook - takes an entire day to convert a film :D

I don't think it will be real streaming. The file will be downloaded to a temp folder on the appletv and start playing before the download is finished, just like the iTunes store.

Any news about Core Animation integration in the system except in screensavers ?

I saw in XCode, in the Palette, you can manage controls and when controls are added, they come from the top and move to them positions but that's the only "trace" of Core Animation I saw ...

See ya :D

Any news about Core Animation integration in the system except in screensavers ?

I saw in XCode, in the Palette, you can manage controls and when controls are added, they come from the top and move to them positions but that's the only "trace" of Core Animation I saw ...

See ya :D

Huh? I'm guessing you mean Interface Builder, not Xcode. And what do you mean by "come from the top and move to them positions"?

Anyone with this build have it installed on a C2D machine?

In Network Utility for the wireless interface (en1) does it show

(802.11 a/b/g/n) for the wireless card?

thanks

Don't mind the question, I've got my answer.

Developer my ass. You spend 99% of the day on WoW and you know it.

i wonder how many of hte people who have it actually are developers....?

anyway, im pretty sure the builds being released are not the most recent ones. obviously they have internal and external builds, the internal ones having those famed "top secret features", but i get the feeling were getting older builds and that apple is far ahead of where they appear to be. that's not just wishful thinking; ive read in numerous places that apple was getting close to the "gold build" and ive also heard that apple isnt releasing its newest builds, just older ones theyve already moved beyond... just something to think about.

has the media folder always been there?

no, the media folder was not there under tiger

Im getting a KP (kernel panic) on boot...any ideas?

can you boot in verbose mode and see what's the problem?

did you formatted the drive using leopard's installer? because it created the same problem to me on the previous build…

I did boot in verbose mode, and I saw a lot of errors.

What I tried to do was an archive and install, and I think that migration thing gave an error.

Would the following work:

• restore to 343 from time machine

• Then, click install for first time on 377

• Then would all of my info still be there? and would I be able to still have all my apps and users?