Introduce Yourself

Swad

213 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm Peng from Canada. I'm not exactly computer savvy, but that does not mean I'm incapable. I joined this forum to follow the instructions and tips about things I don't know how to do, which is great because getting someone else to do it is always a pain.

In my spare time, I like working out and learning neat skills. I'm lately getting into acrobatics and parkour.

In my dreams, I am a ninja in pink.

• 2 months later...

I'm 14, My name is Brian, freshman in high school(Eastern US). I like to play guitar, although I'm not very good yet(I've only been playing for a few months). I can't count how many friends' computers and friends' parent's computers I've fixed. I've even fixed a few school computers. I work in my school's tech department in the summer, mostly cleaning and moving stuff. My obsession with Macs started over last summer, when I finished building my computer. Contrary to popular belief, I indeed do have a life, and a girlfriend. It doesn't bother me because I know that most of the people that believe I have no life are insignificant and unimportant twats who don't help the world one damn bit. Most of all, I enjoy life. I like going on vacation, I hope to tour Europe next summer <_< I also enjoy learning new things; knowledge is a powerful weapon.

That's all you need to know.

so, something about me :P

I'm Martin, I'll be 19 in may, I live in Poland (Myslowice). In this year I'm going to university, probably to Wroclaw, for study journal. I use Linux (since 5 years) and MacOS X on HP Pavilion dv5000.

My hobby is photographing, reggae and linux :wacko:

and I'm moderator on Gentoo Forums in Polish subforum :)

that's all about me :)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm a newbie hear. My name is Nikolay!

Glad to join this nice company! :)

I'm from Russia, Moscow. Now I'm 22. I am a student of Moscow State University. This summer I need to uphold my master's thesis. Most of my time I write this thesis. I like to spend weekends with my friends and with my GF.

I like my car, my job, my studying, my friends, my family, my LIFE! :unsure:

My hobby/interests: listening to the music (especially indie style), playing and watching football, watching movies, dancing in nightclubs, fishing, russian billiard, tennis, japanese food, traveling to a different countries (especially european ones), driving my car, having time of my life! :(

My proffessional interests: economics, management, marketing, Internet, strategic management, project management, managerial teams in business, small business.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is a little late but here goes:

My name is David and I'm 13 years old in 7th grade living in Glendale, NY like a 30min drive to the city. I have been obsessed with computers since I was a little child and from then I never stopped learning. I have fixed so many computers that I don't think nobody can calculate how many (for both friends and school). My first computer was an old mac color classic which I still have in mint condition with the install floppies and peripherals. From then I experimented with all platforms and have gained experience in: Windows, Linux, BSD (OS X), IRIX, Solaris, Darwin (OS X), and NexTStep. I also like music, but don't take much taste in rap or these other noisy genres. For me, techno/trance and old classic rock is the way to go. My favorite types of movies are comedies because I love getting good laughs. Anyway, I'm waiting 'till 8th grade to graduate (Class of '09) and then have hopes of going to a good highschool eventually to do my final learning in MIT. I also take much interest in girls, because, it's always fun to be with them. Friends, I have only a select few because most of the people I have seen are too immature for me to deal with. I really don't need idiots cracking sex jokes near some girl I'm trying my luck with and having them depict me spanking them. No way. Anyway, that's me.

Hi,

Im from the netherlands.

When i heard that you could install Apple on a regular pc i had to try it. Got tiger running in VMware now, no luck installing natively but i hope i get there, eventually :blink:

My father has a mac, and i always liked the interface, and its very user friendly, when i first saw it i wanted a mac right on.

I didnt buy a mac because im a bit of a gamer and PC hardware is just cheaper, maybe i can get my fathers mac one day when he buys a new one :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Sean, 35 years old, married with one girl 19 months old. like doing graphics in my spear time and used to work in PC tech support, used to like the job but got annoying, not doing much at the moment, looking for the right job.

Life's has been hard in the last five years, all sort of bad stuff happened but it's getting better, Like 80's music and vocal trance.

I'm Sean, 35 years old, married with one girl 19 months old. like doing graphics in my spear time and used to work in PC tech support, used to like the job but got annoying, not doing much at the moment, looking for the right job.

Life's has been hard in the last five years, all sort of bad stuff happened but it's getting better, Like 80's music and vocal trance.

Congratulations on the new baby Sean. Also, good luck with your pursuits in life. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm a proud single mom of a beautiful 10-year-old girl here in Central NY. I have been using a mac since the Plus came out. I'm a die hard mac girl and proud of that too! I do web graphics on the side while I take care of my disabled mother and prepare to become a math teacher. Well, that's me in a nut shell.

your crazy mac girl,

Witty

Hi all, names Andrew 24 and from Rochdale in the UK.

Getting into Macs now and due my first one after saving in a few months, thought I would join here and learn more about Macs before I get involved even more.

• 1 month later...
Hello I am brucetoshiba I am Trying to get OSX lepord on a Toshiba A215-s5837 laptop any one knows if this is a qualified laptop for hacintosh Lepord install and how to do this and what specific instructions and if anyone has done so?

This is definitely not the place, haha. I think you want the newby section in the OSX86 Project forum.

Anyways, I'm Ken, I'm 21, I live in Hagerstown, Maryland. I love computers and gadgets and music. I've been a stanch PC user forever, always hating on Macintosh. More and more, though, I'm finding less reason to stick up for M$, so I figure that, in order to move to better places computer-wise AND keep my Mac-loving friends from teasing me till the cows come home, I searched around and found the osx86 project. It works nicely for shocking/amusing/offending my Mac-Whore friends (I say that, but I'll probably be one before long)

• 1 month later...

I kind of feel bad for bumping this thread, but I couldn't help myself. ;)

Well I'm Garrett, nice to meet everyone. I'm a sophomore in high school, I play varsity football, i love music, computers, and electronics. I live in Texas, and I'm the oldest out of all my siblings. I listen to lots of metal, alternative, screamo, and techno lol. I skateboard, skimboard, snowboard, and fish alot as well. I'm a huge Mac fan boy heh. Hope to get to know everyone and learn more about how I can make my computer awesome.

I kind of feel bad for bumping this thread, but I couldn't help myself. ;)

Well I'm Garrett, nice to meet everyone. I'm a sophomore in high school, I play varsity football, i love music, computers, and electronics. I live in Texas, and I'm the oldest out of all my siblings. I listen to lots of metal, alternative, screamo, and techno lol. I skateboard, skimboard, snowboard, and fish alot as well. I'm a huge Mac fan boy heh. Hope to get to know everyone and learn more about how I can make my computer awesome.

Welcome to the forums Garrett. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. :D

hey im andrew aka nintenno

im gonna be a sophomore and i live in the "not so great" OC. I play football and basketball for my high school. I have learned a lot on this forums, and so far have got three machines running osx86 via iAtkos and Leo4all. Well, thats pretty much it. Even though i dont have many posts, i try to keep tabs on this community and i have learned many things by searching lol.

-nintenno

This is a bit belated but I only just saw this topic!

So, I'm Daniel if that wasn't obvious enough already.

I'm 17, In college studying Graphic Design from September onwards.

I live in Stockport which is a suburb of Manchester in Great Britain.

I do graphic design in my spare time and I have completely self taught.

I like a hell of a lot of music and I'm open to any genre that catches my ear.

I got my first Mac last month on the 16th of June and have since then been using more frequently than my Windows PC and I must say I do like it much more as it suits the purposes I bought it for much better than my PC could.

I joined the forums because I felt like I wanted to contribute any knowledge or service I can to part of the Mac community and I stumbled upon this forum and decided I would register and start posting.

That's all I can really think of right now so yeah :]