Introduce Yourself

Swad

213 posts in this topic

okay .. so this happens to be my second post ..

well .. im a mac user .. and i found a use for my dj-box .. a dell d600.

I will try to get it to work as a dj-machine in OSX .. for that i will need to get higher resolution and the creative audigy Z2 PCMCIA card to work... and some other stuff ..

also ..

I will make it dualboot with winXP2 and later on Vista...

so .. back to reading :)

Hi I'm Chris! I'm a Sophomore in High School and I love computers (Mac). I'm currently trying to jump start my programming career by constantly reading computer related stuff (Which is what brought me here). I want to thank anyone who posts information on this site because you are all helping me reach my goal of becoming a programmer.

Any noobs need help you can ask me because I might know.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Kelly, 20 years old, single... work as a Technical Support Consultant for an Internet Service Provider. I am hoping to back to school, sent off some applications and just playing the waiting game at the moment. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I have been a Mac user since the age of 6... back in 1992. My mom got a PC in 2002 (gasp) and the Mac withdrawal was just too much for me so I got an iBook last year.

im Isaac, im from northern cali, hate M$, and installed osx86 for 2 reasons, 1 because i couldnt afford a real mac, and it pised the hell out of my friend

EDIT: now live in the middle of hick-land (indiana), and bought a new mac

EDIT 2: wow i sounded like a douche bag a year ago. now i skate, paint, break and enter, and record it, and put it on my mac.

Name: NET

Sex: Male (hetero) :thumbsdown_anim:

Born: yes ( in 1980),

Job: cince '00 technological security department cheef, I own a small company called DataSec cince '93 usning *nix.

OS X cince: i'm in love with osx's # cince my old friend in Edinbourgh shown me that osx has got BSD # (long before this forum:) )

Living: right now Poland/Germany,

Education: in add. to my informatic. edu. studying economy on Westpomeranian School Of Business,

Interests: photography, web/graphics design, travelling, good music for example Tool, interesting paintings... and a lot more...

right now working uder improoving my english writing skills (they are poor) :)

Edited by NET

i got the name 'goofygoober' from the spongebob squarepants movie. i'm 27 years old.

after moving from SoCal to SF in 2004 i purchased an iBook G4 1.2GHz, and fell in love with all things apple. so as the story goes, i've been running osx86 for about a week on my PC.

i'm a mechanical engineer by schooling but work in the world of finance.

it's also safe to say i love almost all things that require electricity.

Hey, what's up?

I'm 28 years old, married and have a 6 month old girl. I'm a web developer and I've been using PCs since I guess the early 90's. I have always been a Windows user (except for the Commodore 64 days) and have always wanted to mess around with Mac OSX but didn't really want to buy a MAC since I have several powerful PCs. I unfortunately only found out about this OSX86 project a few days ago. Great project by the way! :(

Merry Christmas everyone and happy boxing day!! Grab those DEALS! ehehe

btw: I guess the Personal Statement is not your signature? Where do I find the Edit Signature option?

Edited by Bloodtrain

Hey, what's up?

I'm 28 years old, married and have a 6 month old girl. I'm a web developer and I've been using PCs since I guess the early 90's. I have always been a Windows user (except for the Commodore 64 days) and have always wanted to mess around with Mac OSX but didn't really want to buy a MAC since I have several powerful PCs. I unfortunately only found out about this OSX86 project a few days ago. Great project by the way! :(

Merry Christmas everyone and happy boxing day!! Grab those DEALS! ehehe

btw: I guess the Personal Statement is not your signature? Where do I find the Edit Signature option?

"My Controls" at the top center then "Edit Signature" can be found under the "Menu" almost 3/4 of the way down (look for "Personal Profile"

"My Controls" at the top center then "Edit Signature" can be found under the "Menu" almost 3/4 of the way down (look for "Personal Profile"

Offtopic ?> !

Hello everyone!

I'm Henrik from Norway. My friends and pretty much everyone else usually call me Henke, so that's the background for my nick (btw. Henke is more commonly a swedish nickname for Henrik).

I am 18 years old, and I'm a last year student in the norwegian secondary educational level (15/16 yrs. - 18/19 yrs.), and I'm planning to study computer science after that.

My affection for Macs and Apple started when I was a little kid and visited my older cousin, whose father, my uncle obviously, was an architect and used nothing but Macs. Over the years the affection has been amplified by several factors, among others my own increasing skills and knowledge about computers and science.

I have followed this community in the background for a good while, but today I decided to register, to take part in this project and hopefully, as my skills and knowledge increases further, be able to contribute constructively as well.

So, that's me. :thanks_speechbubble:

Enjoy the holidays! :)

• 4 weeks later...

conan obrien

im 360 years old

i was born with a apple remote and a mighty mouse

i like macs

ive been doing computer stuff for about 6 years and i know enough about them

i like to drive

i have a 20 inch monitor

i hate dell

i like pie

i dont smoke or drink

dont have kids

im funny

Edited by Conan Obrien

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...after printing about 1/3 of this site,(and finally getting Unix tuts from a boss and sucessfully editing my boot graphics) I guess I'll introduce myself,too.

I'm Dave,I'm old,and I've been wanting this OS since High School and making A++ in Computer Science on an Apple IIe.

Being broke,and recouping from a divorce (insert readers yawn here) I had no alternative but Windows.To Bills credit-I met my current (and last!) wife on msn chat,and without windows I couldn't have accessed this incredible site.

Thanks to Mr Jason for founding it,and all the rest who coached the rest.I can literally say Insanelymac has changed my life.My wife now is screaming for a mac and I've been invited to a local Apple users group where someone is giving (?!) me a G3 tower.

Otherwise-I enjoy bad movies(as of this letter,my latest is "Billy the Kid vs Dracula"),killing LOADS of time here,video editing,photoshop and usenet.

Now to see if this avatar works and again-to EVERYONE here-

Thank You!

Name: Dicenet

Race: White (i cant even get a tan :P )

Background: Network Administrator on the US for a company of 500+ people.

Interests: Computers, Networks, WebDesign, Sleep, Picking My Toes, Scratching my Head, Shooting Computers, and some other stuff

About Me: I am a Dyslexic computer/network geek that likes to read... hahahaha not really. I hate books, you would to if you were dyslexic. Anyway, I have been working with computers for 11 years now and networks for about 6. I dont have a College Degree, but I have many Certs that I dont like taking the test for, MS 70-216 was a pain in my butt :P it was easy but the questions are to long :P

Well I guess that is all for now, I started a blog here, about my adventures with MacPC's and we shall see how that goes.

Dice :)

Thought I'd better introduce myself here, even though I'm horrible at telling people about myself.

So here goes.

My name is Lasse Havelund. I'm presently 15 years old (turning 16 in July), and I have a passion for technology and computers. I live in the city of Kolding in the south of Denmark.

Aside from going to school (obviously), I work part-time in a computer store/repair shop, and do a bit of web- and graphic design next to that.

I've always wanted a Mac, but I've never had the money to get one, so trying out OSX86 is a great sensation.

My initial affection for Macs were instated when I visited a friend of mine, whose dad has... about 90 Power Mac G5's he uses for webhosting.

I was hooked instantly on this strange operating system, and since then, I've had a secret wish of some day owning a Mac.

I'm also very interested in linguistics, and speak Danish, German, English, Esperanto, a bit of Swedish and a bit of Norwegian.

Name: Windin

Background: Network Administrator working in an outsourced IT company, i look after a recruitment company with about 700 users but its citrix so its easy. Married with a mortgage and two cats who I seem to work for.

Interests: Computers, Networks, football (the real kind no pads) I run my own armed forces website

About Me: I am also a Dyslexic computer/network geek strangely, I have been in IT since I left University in 2001 all windows apart from as someone said a C64 a long long time ago. Just come back into the whole OSX86 thing after playing around with the deadmoo image ages ago. Nice to see things have improved :D

An Introduction by Narmer of Egypt

Pro Grape, or Professional Grape as is his preferred styling (though his close acquaintances and friends are allowed the honour of calling him, simply, Grape; I am one such person, and so will take the liberty of using his familiar name, though more with the purpose of conciseness in mind than that of demonstrating my acquaintanceship with him; for, in reality, I am a mere minion in comparison to the many in his wide social circle), currently resides in Canada. As one might have supposed after reading his name, he is a professional grape; that is, he is a grape by profession. There is very little information available as to what exactly this position entails, but many sources indicate that they have been assured by Grape himself that it is indeed a very demanding and time-consuming passtime, not one to be taken on lightly. One cannot help but sympathise with such an excellent and illustrious fellow, as these days it seems there is precious little time for leisure, at least for the ambitious at heart (as it seems the man under discussion must be).

Name: Dylan Keller

Background: A computer nerd (yes i am SMART than my whole class put together, I'm only a freshman!) i have my own little business where i help people with there problems 20$ a person. so i get payed alot when theres a job offering.

Intrests: MAC OS X (hell yea) Reading, drawing, writing my own fanfiction.

I got hooked on Mac OS X since 1st grade when OS 8 was around and popular my first mac was a Macintosh Quadra 650 running OS 8. Ever since then i been addicted to Mac OS then when OSX came out, I WANTED A iBook so badly i was about to tear my head off and sell it. Since i couldn't get a Mac i decided to keep my intrest on them. until i found Mac OS X x86 for x86 computers and i could literallly hear the Halljelaua in my room and it took 2 days just to download it :whistle:. My science teacher gave my my first Macintosh that was MINE. a Powerbook Duo 230 with the battery dead. I wish it had the damn cd rom then i could upgrade it.

Edited by FreakyMac

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Garry. I work in the IT field like most people here. I live in Florida. Been playing with computers since '81 with my cousin's TRS80. Love computers, and Windows,OSX. I would have liked to see where the AMIGA would have gone if it had remained in the technological arena. I've always been a MAC fan at heart but used PC for it's affordability. I am fascinated with OSX86. I wonder if it's going to go anywhere ... Happy to meet you all!

Edited by Alwaysbeenamacfan