Hacked OSx86 Updated to 10.4.3

Swad

357 posts in this topic

sorry but what does the update install?...

And I mean not only new apps...

is there a change in uname -a runningin terminal?

is that change congruent with the kernel versión in the developer ed?

or is it a 10.4.1 patched kernel with only new apps?

Got, installed it, rebooted. I do get a ~30% higher XBench score. For some reason in Safari, Macromedia Flash doesn't quite work. If I right click I see the Flash menu, but it never draws anything (like the portion of the web page is garbage "left over".

I used to have QuickTime set to handle SWF media, b/c someone that was a way of getting some flash files to work. I undid this, though, and Macromedia is definitely running, just not all that happy.

/blkblt

I can confirm all this. Also DVD Player will start now, but PatchBurn 4 won't run so it doesn't like my drive, says "Supported Disc Not Available". And NeverWinter Nights won't run anymore at all no crash log even.

Regarding Flash:

Please post whether you are using an SSE2 or SSE3 CPU, patches you've applied, browsers with/without flash working, whether its on all sites or not.

Maybe something like this:

CPU: SSE2 (Intel Pentium M)

OS VER: 10.4.1 (deadmoo image)

PATCHES: 10.4.3 User-Land

SAFARI 2.0.2: Flash black hole on all sites right click menu shos but "settings" will not come up.

TERM/CONSOLE OUTPUT: N/A

ALSO BROKEN: .Mac will fill the startup drive upon any sync bringing the system to its knees.

I think people care more about function over benchmark results.

We'll start others for other apps to get down to the bottom of this.

EDIT: Added more detail like johnsmith1882 has.

CPU: SSE3 (Pentium D 2.8GHz)

GRAPHICS: GMA950 working with QE and CI

SAFARI 2.0.2 and Shiira 1.1: Flash black hole on all sites but hiding and showing the window resolve the problem (only for the page being viewed though)

KEYCHAIN: Seems like every application accessing the keychain was bringing the system to its knees, that included Safari, Mail, iChat and my homemade iDisk (see http://www.tnpi.biz/computing/mac/tips/idisk/). Deleting ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain did it for me.

Thank you very much Deathchill!! only wished the update would include iChat 3.0.1 or higher because iChat 3.0 has a idiotic "insufficient bandwith" problem when trying a video conference on anything else than Bonjour and the PPC updated version can't access my firewire advc-100 converter (which is connected to my analog camera).

CPU: SSE3 (Pentium D 2.8GHz)

GRAPHICS: GMA950 working with QE and CI

SAFARI 2.0.2 and Shiira 1.1: Flash black hole on all sites but hiding and showing the window resolve the problem (only for the page being viewed though)

KEYCHAIN: Seems like every application accessing the keychain was bringing the system to its knees, that included Safari, Mail, iChat and my homemade iDisk (see http://www.tnpi.biz/computing/mac/tips/idisk/). Deleting ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain did it for me.

Thank you very much Deathchill!! only wished the update would include iChat 3.0.1 or higher because iChat 3.0 has a idiotic "insufficient bandwith" problem when trying a video conference on anything else than Bonjour and the PPC updated version can't access my firewire advc-100 converter (which is connected to my analog camera).

my stats ar ethe same and no flash, hide and show works fo rme too, cool :P

I don't notice the keychain problem though.

You say deleting ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain fixed your issues?

I have rebuilt my accounts and made test used about 10 times, but simply removing ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain fixed all your keychain and .Mac (custom at least) fixed all your problems?

Are you saying that you just added the .Mac will work after deleating that file or just don't use the stuff and delete the file you your system will be usable again (already done that one). Everytime I add .Mac it goes down to its knees.

I can use the keychain apps and everything but as soon as i put my .Mac account in the system prefs anything that uses it dooms the system.

Upgraded from release 1 DVD install. Had .5c and 10.4.2 patches installed.

No issues so far, things run smoother and xbench has gone up by alot in the CPU test.

I have flash in safari, in the latest nightly of deerpark flash causes it to crash out. I "fixed" it but adding a *swf* block in Adblock.

You say deleting ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain fixed your issues?

I have rebuilt my accounts and made test used about 10 times, but simply removing ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain fixed all your keychain and .Mac (custom at least) fixed all your problems?

Are you saying that you just added the .Mac will work after deleating that file or just don't use the stuff and delete the file you your system will be usable again (already done that one). Everytime I add .Mac it goes down to its knees.

I can use the keychain apps and everything but as soon as i put my .Mac account in the system prefs anything that uses it dooms the system.

I talked too fast.. Removing ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain effectively solved my problem with Safari, Mail, iChat and iDisk. After that, if I click on my iDisk in the finder, it prompts me for login and password and I can save those to my keychain, eject my idisk and reconnect happily, but if I put the info on the main .mac account tab in the system prefs, I can view the iDisk tab (other tabs don't worked anyway with my homemade solution) but clicking the iDisk in the finder dooms the system.

this this might be getting off topic, yes it's fun to mod the version, but it does help anyone and makes this topic long and hard to read to get real help from it.

I just tried iChat and my iSight now works with sound and video without crashing. That is great the system is really getting usable.

I talked too fast.. Removing ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain effectively solved my problem with Safari, Mail, iChat and iDisk. After that, if I click on my iDisk in the finder, it prompts me for login and password and I can save those to my keychain, eject my idisk and reconnect happily, but if I put the info on the main .mac account tab in the system prefs, I can view the iDisk tab (other tabs don't worked anyway with my homemade solution) but clicking the iDisk in the finder dooms the system.

Can you think of what is causing this issue... Maybe we need to rollback some libs? Let me know what you find. I'll be looking too.

Can you think of what is causing this issue... Maybe we need to rollback some libs? Let me know what you find. I'll be looking too.

just so you know I did not have this prlbem at all, when I upgraded or from my new 10.4.3 Install DVD I just built. Both have .mac working great no slowdowns.

Anyone know what file and the contents of the DVD profile that PatchBurn makes? Since I can't run it anymore I wanted to try and at least get DVD Player fully working for testing purposes.

Is anyone having any problems with the clock announcement option ... the voice is breaking up - however, audio in movies, mp3s and speech synthesizer are all working ok...

This is weird!

10.4.3 applied 'ere

Is anyone having any problems with the clock announcement option ... the voice is breaking up - however, audio in movies, mp3s and speech synthesizer are all working ok...

This is weird!

10.4.3 applied 'ere

actually, the one thing thats broken for me is the sound. playing music or movies the sound is "skippy" like a cd with lots of scratches. anyone else have this?

actually, the one thing thats broken for me is the sound. playing music or movies the sound is "skippy" like a cd with lots of scratches. anyone else have this?

FIXED!

I deleted extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext and rebooted ... back to normal - It really sucks that flash isn't working properly in safari for some of us on here..

I'm currently using firefox but would really like to get to the bottom of this.

:( so and so :)

no, not a true 10.4.3 install, it's a very modified 10.4.1 install that auto installs the 10.4.3 stuff plus much more, I won't seed it though.

Then post a how-to on here or at win2osx forums if you dont want to seed your build.

Just help others build there own. :(

just so you know I did not have this prlbem at all, when I upgraded or from my new 10.4.3 Install DVD I just built. Both have .mac working great no slowdowns.

Anyone know what file and the contents of the DVD profile that PatchBurn makes? Since I can't run it anymore I wanted to try and at least get DVD Player fully working for testing purposes.

Any clue what would be needed to fix some of ours? Are there files that you opted out for replacement//upgrade?