Show Your OS X Desktop!

6,012 posts in this topic

You can get a decent vaio from £700. To get a MacBook Pro you’ll need a bit more than that.

Also not everyone is mad about macs. Some like me prefer windows because that’s what we’re used to. So it’s safer to get a vaio and add OSX to it to get used to it than but a MacBook Pro and realise you don’t like it. :)

Chrysaor, they look very nice... I like the theme with the icons and the wallpaper... They go very well!

Could you link me up with that wallpaper? I'd like it very much! :hysterical:

Hi there. Just thought I would show off my desktop. No radical wallpaper, icons or the lot but what I have to show is amazing. I am running an MSI X1600 PCI-E video card on my unit and I have full ability to change resolutions, refresh rates, full QE/Ci, and no mouse tearing.

10.4.6 (based on myzar's patch for 10.4.4 restore dvd and JaS's 10.4.6 update

ASRock 775 Dual 915GL mobo

1 gig DDR ram

MSI RX1600 PRO-TD 256E PCI-E 256mb video card

Maxtor 200gb sata drive

Starlogic 19" CRT

It was pretty easy to do. Go to the following threat for support

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=17767&st=0

ripple.tiff

Here is my desktop. I have one question. I see in everyones screenshots that (the people not running mac) have objectbar. But when I install it I can get those nice looking fonts. How do I do this?

These are all OSX screenshots. You'd probably get a better answer in the Windows screenshot threadhere.

You can get a decent vaio from £700. To get a MacBook Pro you’ll need a bit more than that.

Also not everyone is mad about macs. Some like me prefer windows because that’s what we’re used to. So it’s safer to get a vaio and add OSX to it to get used to it than but a MacBook Pro and realise you don’t like it. :D

Isnt this comment technically an oxymoron? Being that windows now runs on a mac and everything and i can almost guarantee that you will not get similar specs in a vaio for the price of a macbook pro

not trying to flame, just adding my two cents