OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,745 posts in this topic

I have a solution that may need different NVRAM keys for different versions of macOS (i.e. the keys need to be present in NVRAM for Ventura but not for Monterey and Big Sur).  Is there any way to conditionally "inject" NVRAM keys via OC config.plist based on my OC boot-picker selection?  And Slice is free to tell me to use CLOVER and select my config.plist at boot time :)

If not, is the idea of enabling OC to offer config.plist options at boot time on anyone's radar for development?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

Not sure if any OC devs still pay attention to this.  I just noticed that ocvalidate (0.9.2) does not detect the presence of both HfsPlus.efi and OpenHfsPlus.efi enabled in config.plist.  If UEFI > Drivers includes both HfsPlus.efi and OpenHfsPlus.efi and both are enabled, ocvalidate does not warn about this condition.

• Like 1

Please help!

I want to install macOS Ventura and I can't see anything but Reset NVRAM in the start menu.
I'm currently on Windows 11 and going back to macOS.
Thank you and best regards,

Start osMAC.png

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, luky35 said:

Please help!

I want to install macOS Ventura and I can't see anything but Reset NVRAM in the start menu.
I'm currently on Windows 11 and going back to macOS.
Thank you and best regards,

How did you format the Drive? 

8 minutes ago, luky35 said:

I deleted Windows via Diskpart and then wrote convert gpt

Do you try: Boot from USB Installer, select Disk utility and choose Apfs to format the disk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you try: Boot from USB Installer, select Disk utility and choose Apfs to format the disk.

Opencore doesn't show Install macOS Ventura in the start menu and I can't get to Disk Utility to format it.
Is that the problem?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, luky35 said:

Opencore doesn't show Install macOS Ventura in the start menu and I can't get to Disk Utility to format it.
Is that the problem?

You need to read up on how to prepare an OS X installer USB on a Windows machine. I think you are failing on the preparation of the Ventura installer USB. Google will be quite handy here or maybe Youtube.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

You need to read up on how to prepare an OS X installer USB on a Windows machine. I think you are failing on the preparation of the Ventura installer USB. Google will be quite handy here or maybe Youtube.

OK

Edited by luky35

On 5/31/2023 at 5:45 PM, luky35 said:

I deleted Windows via Diskpart and then wrote convert gpt

I have to note that Windows GPT is not same as macOS GPT.

• Like 2

my motherboard does not support NVMe boot so I've been using clover/refind

I installed clover/refind into a USB. and I then boot into USB first then boot into NVMe (with either Windows or Linux).

Is this possible with opencore? If yes, can you please provide (or link) on how to do this?

Thank you.

Edited by mrjayviper

10 hours ago, mrjayviper said:

my motherboard does not support NVMe boot so I've been using clover/refind

I installed clover/refind into a USB. and I then boot into USB first then boot into NVMe (with either Windows or Linux).

Is this possible with opencore? If yes, can you please provide (or link) on how to do this?

Thank you.

When I have a problem like yours, first thing I try to insert NVME driver in BIOS. Second, if I can't, I ask for help. Try "HP Z820 bios nvme" on Google.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 12:28 AM, Stefanalmare said:

When I have a problem like yours, first thing I try to insert NVME driver in BIOS. Second, if I can't, I ask for help. Try "HP Z820 bios nvme" on Google.

which required a BIOS programmer since the built-in tools won't do it because of security...

and some of these BIOS chips are not DIP so it's even harder to program.

so much easier to just install a separate bootloader in a USB...

I've got a question for you all. I've been using MacbookPro13,1 for the longest time, but that SMBIOS will not let me update to Ventura. What would be my best option for a new SMBIOS that will update and not give me grief? (SMBIOS and info in signature)

54 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

No. Inject ports with USBInject-All (The one from Dahliansky, since it supports more more current chipsets) and then create a usbportmap and then kick the kext again and disable xhci portlimit

My ports are all mapped out. Have been for a long time. I guess my question should have been, should I use the unlimited ports?

Edited by pkdesign

I'm A Lazy Prick So Could SomeOne With A GOOD Working EFI With Latest

OC PLEASE Post It, Wish To Transfer My OS Loader From Clover, As I Think Clover Is Dead IMHO

Thanks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

I'm A Lazy Prick So Could SomeOne With A GOOD Working EFI With Latest

OC PLEASE Post It, Wish To Transfer My OS Loader From Clover, As I Think Clover Is Dead IMHO

Thanks

This EFI is from my MSI Z490 machine, everything works in Ventura. Works In Sonoma but with the reported WIFI failing.

You didn't stipulate the EFI needed was for a simular specs board to yours so here you are. 

EFI.zip

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, eSaF said:

This EFI is from my MSI Z490 machine, everything works in Ventura. Works In Sonoma but with the reported WIFI failing.

You didn't stipulate the EFI needed was for a simular specs board to yours so here you are. 

FI.zip 6.95 MB · 1 download

Thank You Kind Sir, Will Let You Know How It goes,

Every Version I've Tried Results in a Panic:(

• Like 1