OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,766 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

I assume you use a different theme than Acidantera - GoldenGate stock. If this is so, can you try an OpenCore build that produces the verbose lines in the picker screen, but changing PickerVariant to Default (equivalent to Acidanthera/GoldenGate)?
It seems that only those who use a theme other than stock have this issue. I am also going to try but in reverse, changing PickerVariant to a theme to see if those lines are displayed.

Sorry Man even with the Default Theme the Text overhang is there( See attached)

@antuneddu - It makes no difference Wallpaper or not.

Spoiler

16211556.thumb.png.32f8a1b41a4c9369baf72c24db43fefe.png1142010262_Screenshot2023-02-16at21_26_54.png.8852ce6843356a313b56285f3e89dd91.png

• Like 4

@antuneddu - Yes Bro that one works, nice and clean.

What I did, I download the 'macOS XCODE5 Artifacts from the link you posted above, then imported the zipped 'OpenCore-0.9.0-Released' folder into OCAT's Data Base then updated my EFI Folder with OCAT, reboot, clean NvRAM, reboot again and it is clean.

Now if they can implement this change into the next OC Master release, we will be good to go.

OpenCore-0.9.0-RELEASE.zip

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

then imported the zipped 'OpenCore-0.9.0-Released' folder into OCAT's Data Base then updated my EFI Folder with OCAT, reboot, clean NvRAM, reboot again and it is clean.

Don't do this part, just ignore this section in my post as it makes Ventura throw up a Security nag screen about OCAT every time it is opened about not being verified and give a choice of removing it to the Bin. To get over it, I had to update OCAT Data Base with the official OC release to stop the nag screen. :angry:

• Like 3

Ventura beta 13.3 killed "enable-backlight-registers-fix" on DeviceProperties (same -igfxblr on Boot argument).
My Dell Vostro 5490 (i5-10210u) after update, is acting like without this Whatevergreen proprieties. Very dim light screen on boot and after some time backlight restore to normal.
Anybody else? Solutions?

• Sad 2

to EsAf

Greetings.
I see that your hardware is very similar to mine. Would you be so kind as to provide me with the efi you use in your systems?
For a comparison and help?
Thank you anyway. Greetings.
erice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erice said:

to EsAf

Greetings.
I see that your hardware is very similar to mine. Would you be so kind as to provide me with the efi you use in your systems?
For a comparison and help?
Thank you anyway. Greetings.
erice

EFI.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi all

I can't build OC 0.9.0 commit c6ce045. Any ideas !

Spoiler

/Users/mathieu/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCryptoLib/OcCryptoLib/OUTPUT/X64/Sha512Avx.iii:25: error: segment name `RODATA_SECTION_NAME' not recognized

make: *** [/Users/mathieu/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCryptoLib/OcCryptoLib/OUTPUT/X64/Sha512Avx.obj] Error 1

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCryptoLib/OcCryptoLib]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/mathieu/OC/OpenCorepkg/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCryptoLib/OcCryptoLib.inf [X64, XCODE5, DEBUG]

- Failed -

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

@Matgen84

The rodata section name has been changed in a recent build but I don’t know why you get this error. I’ve tried and compiled successfully the release (not debug) version on Ventura. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/29274ba613d13fb64f26b2a65708f61f23d489ce

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@Matgen84

The rodata section name has been changed in a recent build but I don’t know why you get this error. I’ve tried and compiled successfully the release (not debug) version on Ventura. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/29274ba613d13fb64f26b2a65708f61f23d489ce

Yes - No worries here either as I tend to build occasionally just to keep on top of the game. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@Matgen84

@miliuco no problem with commit f34a6dd (02/22).

But today local UDK directory corrupted. I recreate it, all works fine. 🤣

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3

On 2/19/2023 at 3:54 PM, Stefanalmare said:

Ventura beta 13.3 killed "enable-backlight-registers-fix" on DeviceProperties (same -igfxblr on Boot argument).
My Dell Vostro 5490 (i5-10210u) after update, is acting like without this Whatevergreen proprieties. Very dim light screen on boot and after some time backlight restore to normal.
Anybody else? Solutions?

Hope it will be fixed soon, I reverted back to Monterey 12.6.3 as I need it for my Dell Latitude 7400 :( 

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]
I don't see anything wrong in config.plist. Try SecureBootModel=j160 instead of Default. Is there a difference?

Unfortunately that did not help.
I’ll take any other suggestions.
1d3419bcea9672e6d20ce7be088e2861.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:25 AM, SavageAUS said:

Hey all,

Can anyone see in my config why my system will boot perfectly but trying to update to the latest beta results in being stuck at the dreaded EXITBS:START.

Config attached.

OC & Kexts updated today.

config.plist 42.8 kB · 4 downloads

Hi @SavageAUS Whate are you talking about: Opencore 0.9.0 Beta or Ventura 13.3 Beta ? As Opencore stops at EXITBS:START. Is not Ventura problem, I think. Do you update all efi files: boot.efi, opencore.efi... or build new commit. Because on your screen shot, OC don't clean verbose on GUI. If I remember well, this problem is solved now.

Apple Secure Boot appeared in macOS 10.13 on models with T2 chips. There is a list of vaqlues : configuration.pdf file. For example, j160 --> Macpro7,1 or x86legacy for Macs without T2 chip.

Edited by Matgen84