OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,759 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Check your BIOS Settings again specially TPM Security.

ok

edit:

Bios settings were ok,No Difference still reboots

Edited by STLVNUB

4 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

ok

edit:

Bios settings were ok,No Difference still reboots

Hiyah - The reason I said Check BIOS Settings, my MSI Z490 BIOS Menu has these two Settings and has to be set as 'Secure Boot=Disabled' and 'Secure Boot Mode=Standard' if not, it induces a Reboot. I don't know if your B560 has those same settings since both our boards are from the same manufacture. Hope you find a solution soon though.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, miliuco said:

About this change in OpenCore, it is not clear to me if you also have to download the new versions of the drivers HfsPlus, HfsPlusLegacy, ExFatDxe, ExFatDxeLegacy, btrfs_x64 and ext4_x64.efi (the one/s that are necessary), available in Acidanthera, or if it is enough with the changes applied in OpenCore.

The updated drivers and post-release changes to OC's PE loader mostly applies to users loading macOS with legacy boot. As per Vit, new drivers (in OCBinaryData) fixes compatibilities with legacy boot from latest OC release 0.8.8 (albeit requires AppleSecureBoot enabled); to bypass SecureBoot requirements, users will require OC build from current master branch (0.8.9 - commit 092af5d specifically)

• Thanks 2

On 1/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, eSaF said:

Hiyah - The reason I said Check BIOS Settings, my MSI Z490 BIOS Menu has these two Settings and has to be set as 'Secure Boot=Disabled' and 'Secure Boot Mode=Standard' if not, it induces a Reboot. I don't know if your B560 has those same settings since both our boards are from the same manufacture. Hope you find a solution soon though.

here if they are set the loader is not available,

have a config that has kernel panic

IMG_0357.thumb.jpeg.9004fd54ce82092f8f750f0820b35676.jpeg

config.plist

and this one gives acpi errorIMG_0356.thumb.jpeg.c30883f99a4b26b6359f2d32551382f7.jpeg

config.plist

Never Had This Problem Before,Should Be Straight Forward

Edited by STLVNUB

Anybody Using The Latest OCC Here Is A Nice Surprise

This OCC Only Supports OC 0.8.8 And Higher

Ok The Surprise...

Load An Old Config ( Currently Tested With Maldons EFI's ) And 0.8.5

OC Validator Will Throw Up An Error With Errors Blah Blah Blah.....

What To Do...What to do,

Redoing It All Is The Pits...

Now To Try It With VERY Early Versions

Save It Then Completely Shutdown OCC then reload, Wella 0.8.8 Config

Edited by STLVNUB

1 hour ago, STLVNUB said:

If you're talking about OpenCore Configurator, for preference I and a few others use OCAT.

Is it possible to upload your  MSI B560 EFI Folder without your personal data so we can have a look, if you haven't done it already?

2 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Ok The Surprise...

Load An Old Config ( Currently Tested With Maldons EFI's ) And 0.8.5

OC Validator Will Throw Up An Error With Errors Blah Blah Blah.....

What To Do...What to do,

Redoing It All Is The Pits...

Now To Try It With VERY Early Versions

Save It Then Completely Shutdown OCC then reload, Wella 0.8.8 Config

You can try this OC.

1988407760_EFIMSIOC0.8.9.zip

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

If you're talking about OpenCore Configurator, for preference I and a few others use

Is it possible to upload your  MSI B560 EFI Folder without your personal data so we can have a look, if you haven't done it already?

Here Are My Two EFI Folders, One Kernel Panic Other One Acpi Error, Didn't Take Out Personal Info, Its Easy To Create New Ones ;)

Archive.zip

1 hour ago, HmO said:

0.8.9 Resuts In Acpi Error, Thanks Any Way Ill Work On This But I WILL Get The Kernel Panic, Im Suspecting I Have A Dud MB

Edited by STLVNUB

What The Fn Hell Is Up With Copying Files To USB< Don't WORK!! FROM MONTEREY AND VENTURA(HIGHWAY)

S L O W  A S A WET WIG  

Edited by STLVNUB
Use The Command LineCOMMAND LINE IS WORST

16 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

What The Fn Hell Is Up With Copying Files To USB< Don't WORK!! FROM MONTEREY AND VENTURA(HIGHWAY)

S L O W  A S A WET WIG  

Using Sudo cp ETC Doesn't Work Either

2 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Using Sudo cp ETC Doesn't Work Either

disabling Spotlight For The USB Works, Cp Files Fast

Edit, Mods Feel Free To Transfer My Posts About USB issues By All Means Do So.

Here Are My Two EFI Folders, One Kernel Panic Other One Acpi Error, Didn't Take Out Personal Info, Its Easy To Create New Ones ;)

Archive.zip 31.63 MB · 1 download

0.8.9 Resuts In Acpi Error, Thanks Any Way Ill Work On This But I WILL Get The Kernel Panic, Im Suspecting I Have A Dud MB

Hiya - I've tinkered with both the EFI Folders, EFI-ACPI and EFI-PANIC you uploaded by changing this Setting Kernel/Quirks/RtcChecksum that was set to 'Yes', I set that to 'No' plus updating all files and kexts. I cannot guarantee that the changes will solve the problem, but try both EFI Folder and hopefully fingers crossed the problem will be fixed. Good luck.

Archive.zip

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Hiya - I've tinkered with both the EFI Folders, EFI-ACPI and EFI-PANIC you uploaded by changing this Setting Kernel/Quirks/RtcChecksum that was set to 'Yes', I set that to 'No' plus updating all files and kexts. I cannot guarantee that the changes will solve the problem, but try both EFI Folder and hopefully fingers crossed the problem will be fixed. Good luck.

Archive.zip 35.88 MB · 0 downloads

Thank You

Will Test And Get Back To You, I'm Using My Script PlistTool To Transfer  SMBIOS Data

Will Report Back soon

edit: Geeze can't copy any files to HDD/USB, Man this u\is crazy

Edited by STLVNUB
copying files to destination
  • Sad 1

Geez It's Trying To Copy 16.9 MB To Usb, File Info Says Kext Folder is 12.8MB

But My Kext Folder are 29.2MB This sucks BIG TIME☹️

Edited by STLVNUB

35 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

edit: Geeze can't copy any files to HDD/USB, Man this u\is crazy

I don't know what to say!!! That's crazy you shouldn't be having such a torrid time with such a simple task like copying files. Something is seriously wrong Bro.

I will ask the obvious question, you are formatting the Drive with the correct Format and using the inbuilt Format tool in Disk Utility oppose to a third party app.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't know what to say!!! That's crazy you shouldn't be having such a torrid time with such a simple task like copying files. Something is seriously wrong Bro.

I will ask the obvious question, you are formatting the Drive with the correct Format and using the inbuilt Format tool in Disk Utility oppose to a third party app.

Yeah, Formatted as Fat32, the Girl Is My Girlfriend, I WISH, Look Deeply into those eye it's uncanny

IMG_0360.thumb.jpeg.fa2e530a8bca8faa375b5b4fa2783ac0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.522f6208cb6b5692a56e6d0727cb0f26.jpegIMG_0361.thumb.jpeg.f5481dc17dc082b346ae622762612ed7.jpeg

One Another Note, I Have Discovered A Bug In OC OR Apple 

Do This With Caution, As You MAY Not Be Unable To Revert It.

Try -x as boot argument

You Will NOT be able To Boot

Comes Up With Screen About Startup contact apple

On Another Note, You CAN Revert It By Booting With -v

Crazy stuff going on here

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Yeah, Formatted as Fat32,

If you're installing any version of OS X surely the Drive should be Formatted as 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' or am I missing what you're trying to do?

PS - I think that also goes for Drives to be used and recognised on a Mac machine. FAT32 is more pertained on a Windows PC??!!

5 minutes ago, eSaF said:

If you're installing any version of OS X surely the Drive should be Formatted as 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)' or am I missing what you're trying to do?

PS - I think that also goes for Drives to be used and recognised on a Mac machine. FAT32 is more pertained on a Windows PC??!!

Iy Clover Is Dead Slow, about 5 odd minutes,

Trying OC To Improve my boot times and re-install Ventura

5 minutes ago, eSaF said:

That's what the EFI Folder is for on HDD, doing all this on Monterey

Edited by STLVNUB

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Archive.zip 35.88 MB · 2 downloads

Weird KP one Still Does KP

Acpi does  same thing

Edited by STLVNUB

Acpi does  same thing

Sorry man I am stumped as why the KP is still happening even after all the tinkering. This is a stab in the dark, have you tried to Default the BIOS Settings just to see what result you get and note if the KP is reading the same as before?

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Sorry man I am stumped as why the KP is still happening even after all the tinkering. This is a stab in the dark, have you tried to Default the BIOS Settings just to see what result you get and note if the KP is reading the same as before?

I'll Give It A Go

49 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@STLVNUB I just saw you in the CLOVER credits here.  I know this is way off topic, but I had no idea I was in the presence of one of the CLOVER developers.  Very cool!  Whatever your contribution to CLOVER - thank you!

That was a LONG Tim ago ,😉 Thanks

My Contribution Was A Script File To Assemble Clover😊

It Was Called CloverGrower

CloverGrower-master.zipYou Can See The Magic, It Was Only Way To Compile Clover Easily

May Resurrect It To Compile Latest Clover

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

Acpi does  same thing

Are you formatting the disk in "Mac OS extended (journaled)?" I also had a panic at a similar installation. I formatted it in APFS (GUID partition scheme) - and the installation went. Try it, maybe you have such a problem?

Edited by ANTIKO