OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,759 posts in this topic

I am blown away by the amount of debugging info provided by OpenCore to help diagnose boot issues.  For those who are interested, this is good reading.  If you haven't tried it, it's worth an experiment just to see the incredible detail provided in the debug reporting.

EDIT: The OpenCore 0.8.8 LegacyBoot issue with HfsPlusLegacy.efi has been resolved here.  Many thanks to Vit9696 and others who implemented the fix.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

On 1/3/2023 at 11:40 PM, Stefanalmare said:

HP xw4600, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650  @ 3.00GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7750 1 GB, OC 0.8.8, HfsPlusLegacy.efi, no issue.

Here your AMD Radeon 7750 Works with all the ports? Because i have Visiontek AMD Radeon DH 7750 2 GB (4x HDMI , 1x MiniDP) Only one port Works,
Smbios : MacPro7,1
HP Z800 Workstation - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620  @ 2.40GHz - OC 0.8.8 Legacy Boot  

2 hours ago, datafeedexpert said:

Here your AMD Radeon 7750 Works with all the ports? Because i have Visiontek AMD Radeon DH 7750 2 GB (4x HDMI , 1x MiniDP) Only one port Works,
Smbios : MacPro7,1
HP Z800 Workstation - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620  @ 2.40GHz - OC 0.8.8 Legacy Boot  

Just tried. HDMI and DVI without problem. I will report if VGA works, soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can read the comments associated with new HfsPlus.efi and HfsPlusLegacy.efi here, but I don't understand.  What does "Fix W^X for firmware drivers for ExFat and HFS+" mean and what specifically do these new drivers fix?  Thank you.

Thank you, @miliuco. I was a "victim" of the issue and had to revert to the previous HfsPlusLegacy.efi for the temporary fix.  I was just wondering what specifically was broken and then fixed.  Not urgent, but curious in case anyone knows.

@deeveedee @miliuco

As far as I understand (in layman terms): OC 0.8.8 shipped with a new PE loader that broke legacy boot due to the loader's built-in security feature (W^X) breaking compatibility with legacy drivers; to resolve this, OC's PE image loader and the affected drivers' permissions parameters were patched accordingly (092af5d and c2a9898) to restore compatibility for legacy boot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

About this change in OpenCore, it is not clear to me if you also have to download the new versions of the drivers HfsPlusLegacy and ExFatDxeLegacy (the one/s that are necessary), available in Acidanthera, or if it is enough with the changes applied in OpenCore.

Edited by miliuco

VoodooPS2Controller.kext 2.3.3 is working perfectly for me - Thank you developers!

I had stopped waking my Hackbookpro with a keypress, because an older version of VoodooPS2Controller would insert stray characters in the password field after waking (as though there was a stuck key).  Using VoodooPS2Controller.kext 2.3.3, I am able to wake my hack by pressing a key on the PS2 keyboard without any problems.

I am so impressed with how well my hacks are working with OC0.8.8 and the latest Acidanthera kexts.  Can't say enough how much I appreciate all the work of the Acidanthera developers.  Thank you.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

@STLVNUB I stopped reviewing your config.plist after seeing that you have an ACPI > Patch that renames HPET._CRS->XCRS, but you don't have a corresponding ACPI > Add that defines a new HPET._CRS.  Also not sure why you define OemTableId = <00000000> for the ACPI patch.   If I were to guess, I'd say your config.plist is needs work.

EDIT: Your config.plist looks to be derived from a config.plist generated by Open Core Legacy Patcher pre-version 0.5.2.  Is it your intent to use this config.plist to enable new macOS on an old hack?  Also, some characteristics of the config.plist suggest that your hack is a Dell PC?  Is that correct?

Edited by deeveedee

6 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I sourced it from here - https://github.com/topics/hackintosh?o=desc&s=updated - and updated all the files and kexts within.

That's a good trick!  I'd never have guessed that his config.plist had anything to do with that Github repo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

That's a good trick!  I'd never have guessed that his config.plist had anything to do with that Github repo.

Actually they are some very good working examples on there of different platforms of both Clover and OC.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, deeveedee said:

@STLVNUB I stopped reviewing your config.plist after seeing that you have an ACPI > Patch that renames HPET._CRS->XCRS, but you don't have a corresponding ACPI > Add that defines a new HPET._CRS.  Also not sure why you define OemTableId = <00000000> for the ACPI patch.   If I were to guess, I'd say your config.plist is needs work.

EDIT: Your config.plist looks to be derived from a config.plist generated by Open Core Legacy Patcher pre-version 0.5.2.  Is it your intent to use this config.plist to enable new macOS on an old hack?  Also, some characteristics of the config.plist suggest that your hack is a Dell PC?  Is that correct?

no I got i.m trying different configs from different places, thanks for your time

9 hours ago, eSaF said:

@STLVNUB - Hi, try this EFI Folder on a spare USB, you'll have to put your Machine's data in the Config.plist, ROM, S/N etc or you can use it to compare the settings within to your own to see what is different. Good luck.

EFI.zip 5.86 MB · 2 downloads

Still Reboots, Thanks Anyway

edit:

Looks Like I May Have To Stick With My S L O W Clover

Edited by STLVNUB