[release] macOS Monterey

Wayang-NT
72 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, hiphopboy said:

The RC2 is the same build, and now in on RC2 then checking the update and no update for me

Right, thanks. :)

All is fine with 2nd Mac update too now, from the Full Installer! :) 

Screenshot -->

img-2021-10-26-14-16-02.thumb.png.7857131572b7118e0e02112cb7bfb66f.png

Now we are all waiting for a next release that does not match in version with anything that is RC. :) 

Edited by Naki
Fixed grammar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mohamed Khairy said:

Thanks very much advisefeatures worked for me 

https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/commit/d52e8ba82dc1e85c84653f214e3fce14a0627f7b

Advise Features shouldn't be required anymore with this commit now. Looks like they added back in the large base system flag.

Good to hear it was just that 👍

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Like 2

After adding the Kepler drivers to macOS Monterey I must disable Authenticated Root in order to boot. Is there anyway to make macOS believe that the Kepler drivers are supposed to be included in Monterey so that I can run with SIP 100% enabled?

Edited by Common_Sense
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, saCULar said:

Hi, I have HP Elitebook 13" with Intel i7 and Intel UHD620 -  I have touch screen support under Big Sur.  Do you have touchscreen support under Monterey?

I never had touchscreen.  My understanding is that the HP Envy's with HD620 have a 1080p resolution and a touchscreen and the ones with UHD620 have a 2k resolution but no touchscreen.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

After adding the Kepler drivers to macOS Monterey I must disable Authenticated Root in order to boot. Is there anyway to make macOS believe that the Kepler drivers are supposed to be included in Monterey so that I can run with SIP 100% enabled?

No. I tried. Doesn't boot with SIP enabled. I guess re-adding the divers breaks the seal. Maybe the drivers have to be re-signed as well.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Hi @all

Always same things since Beta, Monterey do not display Bluetooth PAN into Network panel. My Mac (Imac19,1 - Z390 - Fenvi T919) isn't discoverable. But I've got a working bluetooth except that he doesn't see my phone.
Does somebody have an idea. Please.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @all

Always same things since Beta, Monterey do not display Bluetooth PAN into Network panel. My Mac (Imac19,1 - Z390 - Fenvi T919) isn't discoverable. But I've got a working bluetooth except that he doesn't see my phone.

Guess what!?!

754299685_BTPan.thumb.jpg.b570659be8b7aecf75f84e16ff60e272.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Guess what!?!

Not very helpful to his query!!!

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Mat it seems Apple has now make it that Bluetooth PAN only shows up when the iPhone is actually attached to the machine (see pic). If your phone is not showing up its probably because you've omitted that port when you mapped the USB ports. On my machine that port is HS06, try this SSDT-6.aml in the ACPI Folder and add it to the config.plist as well, also you need to enter this patch to the config.plist exactly as shown in the next pic. Disable your USBMap.kext, reboot, clean NVRAM, boot to desktop and connect your phone and see if it is shown in Finder Sidebar also in Network. Good luck. 

PS - I have to give credit to our friend @texem he quite graciously edited that file for me.

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 19.36.31.png

SSDT-6.aml

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 19.28.47.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I seem to have full functionality (albeit no BT Pan) but I had problems with XtraFinder, Tuxera NTFS and Parallels.  I fixed Tuxera and Parallels but those two apps seem to need more and better updates. XtraFinder needed to be uninstalled. No complaints about any other third-party apps.

Would you please advise me how you have resolved very slow copying in Finder when Tuxera is enabled?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dogansan said:

Would you please advise me how you have resolved very slow copying in Finder when Tuxera is enabled?

At present, there is no solution for this.  If you check on the Tuxera support forum, there are many complaints about the slow speed of the 2020.1 and 2020.2 versions.  Their workaround is to revert back to the 2018 version.  However, the 2018 version will not load in Monterey.  Still, until I updated to 2020.2, write function on my NTFS drives was disabled.  Slow is better than nothing but, as I said in my original post, additional and better updates are still needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Forgive me but I do not try to be a tutor on this forum, nor, dare I say it, a know-it-all.  I just try to inspire my fellows to keep trying, as I do, and offer what advice I have.  This time, I don't know why BT Pan showed up (even before I used my USB cord to connect my phone).  All I know is that it was there, and that there is hope to those who don't have it in their network devices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Forgive me but I do not try to be a tutor on this forum, nor, dare I say it, a know-it-all.  I just try to inspire my fellows to keep trying, as I do, and offer what advice I have.  This time, I don't know why BT Pan showed up (even before I used my USB cord to connect my phone).  All I know is that it was there, and that there is hope to those who don't have it in their network devices.

Sorry, in my presumption I just thought maybe you could have been a bit more forth coming in answering the query more clearly but now you've explained more in-depth I fully understand, no sweat man it's all good. :thumbsup_anim:

If you don't mind, was this a clean install or an update and if it was an update was Bluetooth PAN in Network before?

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Sorry, in my presumption I just thought maybe you could have been a bit more forth coming in answering the query more clearly but now you've explained more in-depth I fully understand, no sweat man it's all good. :thumbsup_anim:

If you don't mind, was this a clean install or an update and if it was an update was Bluetooth PAN in Network before?

It was an update, not a clean install, and yes, BT PAN was an existing network device.  I tested all of the betas on a 120 GB partition on my laptop's SSD and I did not have the BT PAN on that installation. With the release of Monterey, I upgraded my main system partition that I use for work (and play) and I haven't done a clean install on that partition since Lion, I believe.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mnfesq said:

BT PAN was an existing network device.

Aha!!! That makes sense, I had exactly the same experience upgrading from BS. Bluetooth PAN was already there so it was carried over to Monterey, When I did a clean install of Monterey it was gone, it seems connection of the iPhone now only shows in Network when it is actually connected so this has me wondering if this is the way going forward. Anyway thanks for the clarification and sorry for the previous misunderstanding.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi Mat it seems Apple has now make it that Bluetooth PAN only shows up when the iPhone is actually attached to the machine (see pic). If your phone is not showing up its probably because you've omitted that port when you mapped the USB ports. On my machine that port is HS06, try this SSDT-6.aml in the ACPI Folder and add it to the config.plist as well, also you need to enter this patch to the config.plist exactly as shown in the next pic. Disable your USBMap.kext, reboot, clean NVRAM, boot to desktop and connect your phone and see if it is shown in Finder Sidebar also in Network. Good luck. 

PS - I have to give credit to our friend @texem he quite graciously edited that file for me.

SSDT-6.aml 10.52 kB · 9 downloads

Thanks @eSaF I will try and report ASAP.  I don't have an iPhone, only Android Phone. My Hack displays 'Discoverable' = no. So my Phone don't see it with Bluetooth, and my Hack don't see that Phone.

12 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Guess what!?!

Thanks @mnfesq I do not have "Bluetooth PAN" into Network panel, despite Bluetooth is activated into Bluetooth Panel.

Sorry for my bad English.

• Like 1

I'm trying to connect my iPhone 13 to my real MacMini 2018 an it says that the Mac mini isn't supported, for that reason I think that Apple {censored}ed it all, says I... 

Yesterday I tried to connect my iPhone 13pro to my hack at home and the result was the same, this Mac isn't supported... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi @eSaF @mnfesq @MorenoAv @SavageAUS

I try @eSaF method (SSDT instead of USBMap): same result: Bluetooth is actived and do not see my Android Phone, my Hack is not discoverable in Bluetooth menu bar, also in System/Info. Of course, my Android Phone do not see my Hack.

Spoiler

1537756775_Capturedcran2021-10-2712_21_11.png.13ca1122ac103bf6063959e93794b020.png

Spoiler

1163521859_Capturedcran2021-10-2712_20_32.png.64421ee425ff5a07e640df6f441ada97.png

Spoiler

117223508_Capturedcran2021-10-2712_29_30.png.f8ac1e0343b6a59f249f76f66e979e0a.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

I'm trying to connect my iPhone 13 to my real MacMini 2018 an it says that the Mac mini isn't supported, for that reason I think that Apple {censored}ed it all, says I... 

Yesterday I tried to connect my iPhone 13pro to my hack at home and the result was the same, this Mac isn't supported... 

I got a USB connectivity update for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch recently. 

Maybe it could help? Do you have that installed?

Are all your Macs running latest macOS Monterey?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

@SavageAUS - How is connectivity with your iPhone or Android device, does it show in the list of Bluetooth devices? There is a difference between BS and Monterey how this function is now.

Handoff, Wifi and iCloud for connectivity I never used PAN. Setup for Monterey this guide maybe help;

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-a-mobile-phone-to-connect-to-the-internet-blth22/mac

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, telepati said:

Handoff, Wifi and iCloud for connectivity I never used PAN. Setup for Monterey this guide maybe help;

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-a-mobile-phone-to-connect-to-the-internet-blth22/mac

Thanks pal I do have connectivity but the method you reference no longer work (for the moment?) in Monterey.

This attachment shows how it is on my system.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 10.07.13.png

• Like 3

Hi @eSaF

I try again your method and your SSDT: my Hack is discoverable, so Android Phone see it. There is not Bluetooth PAN in network preferences. I disconnect the device.
Few minutes later, my Phone doesn't see no  more my hack 😪 Maybe it's a hardware problem !

Thanks 🙂

• Sad 1

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] - How is connectivity with your iPhone or Android device, does it show in the list of Bluetooth devices? There is a difference between BS and Monterey how this function is now.

I haven’t tested with my iPhone yet but will tomorrow. I know my Bluetooth mouse works just fine (mx master).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1