[release] macOS Monterey

Wayang-NT
72 posts in this topic

Backing up my main system partition in preparation for the big switch.  I've been testing the betas on a different partition and have everything working.  I'm hoping that all of my third-party software on my main partition will work or that free updates are available.  The moment of truth awaits.

• Like 1

It's RTM-ically alive! :)

img-2021-10-25-23-16-45.png.7aa61348fbfcc226239d08b9d0ece632.png

Or at least, one of 2 Macs is fine. 2nd one failed the download in the middle of downloading, likely due to not so bright me wanting to update 2 Macs at once. :) 

Anyway, I am pretty sure 2nd Mac will work tomorrow. Will let you guys know! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.398fdcbd23fb84cb9bf77a0a623554a6.png

No issues updating on my X1 Extreme using a MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS. Really want to try it out on my M4700 since it uses the AMD gpu instead of the Intel iGPU. So it should work without any patching - I guess that mean that it's life is tied to the trash can Mac as that also uses GCN 1 I think. Lol

Also, new Monterey page is up.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/monterey.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Update from Big Sur

My main System, after testing all Beta now  I will run the Release macOS Monterey :guitar: With  OC 0.7.5

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks to all OC Developer B)

895527978_ScreenShot2021-10-25at6_45_09PM.png.bedad5f219969c749b6d9b405141733d.png

➣ App Store Link Full Installer

Edited by chris1111
 App Store Link Full Installer
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, 1Revenger1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.398fdcbd23fb84cb9bf77a0a623554a6.png

No issues updating on my X1 Extreme using a MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS. Really want to try it out on my M4700 since it uses the AMD gpu instead of the Intel iGPU. So it should work without any patching - I guess that mean that it's life is tied to the trash can Mac as that also uses GCN 1 I think. Lol

Also, new Monterey page is up.
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/monterey.html

I think CSR_ALLOW_APPLE_INTERNAL is actually Bit 5 and not Bit 4.

28 minutes ago, Mohamed Khairy said:

Hi ihave this problem during installing

Using smbios MacBook pro 11.4 opencore 7.5

On asus tp500lng haswell 

Maybe you need to change to a different Mac Model from MacBook pro 11.4

• Like 1

I seem to have full functionality (albeit no BT Pan) but I had problems with XtraFinder, Tuxera NTFS and Parallels.  I fixed Tuxera and Parallels but those two apps seem to need more and better updates. XtraFinder needed to be uninstalled. No complaints about any other third-party apps.

Edited by mnfesq

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I seem to have full functionality (albeit no BT Pan) but I had problems with XtraFinder, Tuxera NTFS and Parallels.  I fixed Tuxera and Parallels but those two apps seem to need more and better updates. XtraFinder needed to be uninstalled. No complaints about any other third-party apps.

Hi, I have HP Elitebook 13" with Intel i7 and Intel UHD620 -  I have touch screen support under Big Sur.  Do you have touchscreen support under Monterey?

Bluetooth lost after upgrading to Monterey.  Bluetooth card is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A, Chipset is listed as BCM_4350C2.  It was working well in Big Sur without extra kexts.  I read that one person was successful using BluetoolFixup.kext ver 2.6.1 (the current stable version is 2.6.0), but I couldn't work out how to get the file.  I can't seem to find it in GitHub.  I have no idea how to make it with the source files.  Could someone kindly point me in the right direction?  Thank you!

Edit: Ok found it: https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=BrcmPatchRAM&viewall=true, Bluetooth now working well.

Edited by slam
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hiphopboy said:

Lol its the RC 2 build :v

No, it it not.

I downloaded it exactly from the App Store, the one there is the Final/RTM thing. :) 

Check my screenshot, says 21A559, which is not Beta or RC. 

@bisdak4920 -- no need to download the huge 11+ GB file. :) Just leave the Beta first, then you can download latest, RTM version from the App Store.

Just do a basic search for "macOS Monterey" and you should be able to find it to then download. 

EDIT: I was wrong. Yes, my 1st Mac was able to update yesterday, but 2nd one won't.

Turned out the error was not due to high load of downloading 2 copies of Monterey at once - it seems the cause of the error is another as it failed same way today too. :( 
Downloading the full, huge ~11.3 GB file now, and will try to update 2nd Mac that way. :) I will let you guys know how it goes.
@bisdak4920 -- thanks for the full Installer link! 

Edited by Naki
Extra info
  • Like 1

No, it it not.
I downloaded it exactly from the App Store, the one there is the Final/RTM thing.  

@bisdak4920 -- no need to download the huge 11+ GB file. Just leave the Beta first, then you can download latest, RTM version from the App Store.
Just do a basic search for "macOS Monterey" and you should be able to find it to then download. 

EDIT: I was wrong. Yes, my 1st Mac was able to update yesterday, but 2nd one won't.
Turned out the error was not due to high load of downloading 2 copies of Monterey at once - it seems the cause of the error is another as it failed same way today too.  
Downloading the full, huge ~11.3 GB file now, and will try to update 2nd Mac that way. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Monterey release 21A559 is the same build number as RC2. I am on RC2 and not offered a new update.
If you download a full installer now it will be 21A559 which is RC2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Okay, thanks. :) Confusing, last year when Big Sur went final/RTM, IIRC it was not like this?

Does it mean a RC3 is coming? Or will the next one for sure not be RC anymore? :) 

Okay, thanks. Confusing, last year when Big Sur went final/RTM, IIRC it was not like this?
Does it mean a RC3 is coming? Or will the next one for sure not be RC anymore?  

Only Apple knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Naki said:

No, it it not.

I downloaded it exactly from the App Store, the one there is the Final/RTM thing. :) 

@bisdak4920 -- no need to download the huge 11+ GB file. :) Just leave the Beta first, then you can download latest, RTM version from the App Store.

Turned out the error was not due to high load of downloading 2 copies of Monterey at once - it seems the cause of the error is another as it failed same way today too. :( 
Downloading the full, huge ~11.3 GB file now, and will try to update 2nd Mac that way. :) I will let you guys know how it goes.

The RC2 is the same build, and now in on RC2 then checking the update and no update for me

• Like 1