Windows 11 - Discussion

naiclub

187 posts in this topic

Tried in VBox for a bit. Even inside a VM I found it very smooth. Ended updating my current Win10 system to test. It runs well, no issues with it at all so far. I only use Windows for gaming so wasn't bothered about it breaking but it's stable for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Microsoft news announced that it will launch on June 24th.

Personally, I want to try the newest one, so I went to find it and downloaded it until I saw that someone put the link on the various websites to create an alert and immediately deleted it, 

The picture posted, I use Hyper V emulator, easy to use and light, not heavy. It should be good enough to return vmware VBox. 

Edited by naiclub

Installing with new computers with TPM 2.0 is a snap. But without TPM like my old Ivy Bridge and Haswell computers  it will take alot of googling to be able to install it. It is now my main Windows OS. It is very stable fast and usable. No issues whatsoever.

• Like 1

😆 I couldn't wait for the official release, I'm testing it I have to say that it's very fluid and I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever.Pleasant graphics totally renewed

1233887292_11Screenshot2021-06-17172648-tile.thumb.png.e5c1620011536237347221e580606489.png

1203269676_Schermata2021-06-18alle09_16_16.thumb.png.710e0c85d7aa555e7a102f573f603a21.png

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tried to install it, this afternoon, but wasn't able to install it...

Resources insufficient to run Windows 11, but it was the first round only, windows 11 - 1 MorenoAv - 0, but in the end I will win... says I, LOL

PS: Solved MorenoAv - 1, Windows 11 - 1...  installed and working...

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

I myself am not a fan of Windows, but installed it because a friend wanted to see it.

Microsoft has built in many features from other OSes. Especially the most annoying fullscreen feature. Every time you move a window and hit the top you'll get a fullscreen. I hate Linux for that silly feature, now Windows, I hope Apple will not introduce this horrible bug.

• Like 2

Hi @Slice

Sorry for Off-Topic @Hervé: UEFI, Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM) is mandatory for Windows 11. But this BIOS setting,  it's unsupported for macOS (Hackintosh too): "Secure Boot Violation" (my Z390 Aorus Master config with two HDD, one for macOS and another for Windows).

This is the end of Hackintosh users ! Somebody have a solution :cry:

43 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

Sorry for Off-Topic @Hervé: UEFI, Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM) is mandatory for Windows 11. But this BIOS setting,  it's unsupported for macOS (Hackintosh too): "Secure Boot Violation" (my Z390 Aorus Master config with two HDD, one for macOS and another for Windows).

This is the end of Hackintosh users ! Somebody have a solution :cry:

hello here once installed I deactivate the TPM and I can use Windows 11 in dual boot with macOS using Clover without worry

I think it is only checked in the install

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, PG7 said:

hello here once installed I deactivate the TPM and I can use Windows 11 in dual boot with macOS using Clover without worry

I think it is only checked in the install

Thanks a lot :)  the best solution for my Z390 config. For older config, I saw some videos to bypass TPM 2.0: it would be the setup file that checks the security. So I will be able to keep using my Hack (Clover)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks a lot :)  the best solution for my Z390 config. For older config, I saw some videos to bypass TPM 2.0: it would be the setup file that checks the security. So I will be able to keep using my Hack (Clover)

Hi, if you want to set up Windows 11, easy way for you to load ISO on both systems, for example Windows 10 and Windows 11, extract install.wim.
in the sources of windows 10 put it in the sources file As of Windows 11, you will be able to install through the system without being stuck. System check starts with TPM2.0. Windows 11 can be installed from 6-11 generation CPUs. and will have to open tpm 2.0 in this bios only support version with tpm 2.0 My motherboard doesn't support tpm 2.0, but I checked it has a slot to plug in tpm and there's a card for tpm 2.0 for sale as well for my older model.1000.thumb.jpg.963a1fc8c805d75e3fd9dfd71c6270cd.jpg1000.png.30eb239567747f1f281541d2bbe35067.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 2

With all the Halabaloo lately about whether your P/C will run without TPM, curiosity got the better of me to find out about my system and it's compatibility or when the time comes, if I will have to jump through the preverbal to install Windows 11. Well it seems my fears were unfounded judging from the result. I did have to go into the BIOS and enable it.

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.JPG.7acd4367b84f6f316408507b2dff7ca1.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hervé said:

In other words, no worries to have.

So that stupid message it throws up (on my system) until I enable TPM in the BIOS can be ignored!!!???

Next os of microsoft windows 11 is require to enabled Secure boot mode capable and TPM 2.0

Is it possible to dual booting with OpenCore during enabled Secure boot mode and TPM 2.0 in bois

I hope that opencore team will be preparing about windows 11 requirement

15 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

Next os of microsoft windows 11 is require to enabled Secure boot mode capable and TPM 2.0

Is it possible to dual booting with OpenCore during enabled Secure boot mode and TPM 2.0 in bois

I hope that opencore team will be preparing about windows 11 requirement

I can boot macOS just fine with TPM enabled, both on my M4700 and X1 Extreme. I don't believe that's a blocker at all
I'm not actually sure they need Secureboot enabled? The Health Checker was fine with it being disabled
If it really needs to be enabled though, you could probably sign OpenCore yourself and add the key to your firmware. I believe there is a section about it within the configuration.pdf

• Like 1

In my case there is no option to enable TPM2.0 in bios.
It can not be upgraded through Windows. which the Microsoft have stated that If it's time to be ready The Windows data that we use regularly will not be lost even a little.
But if it's down via USB that I modified to be able to install windows 11 all that you have said It has nothing to do with Mac OS at all.

1665519551_Screenshot2021-06-27091054.thumb.png.e45d74595636f4dd3dd7f903ee100d74.png

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

TPM required only for installation, not for running.

Thanks. At this moment, nobody knows if TPM is necessary for updating Windows 11 through Windows update tool. 

19 hours ago, naiclub said:

Hi, if you want to set up Windows 11, easy way for you to load ISO on both systems, for example Windows 10 and Windows 11, extract install.wim.
in the sources of windows 10 put it in the sources file As of Windows 11, you will be able to install through the system without being stuck. System check starts with TPM2.0. Windows 11 can be installed from 6-11 generation CPUs. and will have to open tpm 2.0 in this bios only support version with tpm 2.0 My motherboard doesn't support tpm 2.0, but I checked it has a slot to plug in tpm and there's a card for tpm 2.0 for sale as well for my older model.

Thanks @naiclub I can't buy a TPM 2.0 card for my Z77 Asus config because Windows supports only 8-11 Intel Core generation according to Microsoft. If I am not mistaken on the list of processors.

Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks @naiclub I can't buy a TPM 2.0 card for my Z77 Asus config because Windows supports only 8-11 Intel Core generation according to Microsoft. If I am not mistaken on the list of processors.

Windows 11 Supported Intel Processors

I definitely don't think so. If Microsoft actually did that. This means that deprive customers of many. May not let old customers use it in the first start. but may be enabled for later use i think so

It seems that Microsoft not only copying Apples software implementations but also their philosophy(planned obsolescence). 

No issues with an i5-6500, with bypassed TPM and secure boot. Will also try it on an Ivy Brige later.

• Like 2