Windows 11 - Discussion

naiclub

187 posts in this topic

Useful link provided by our good friend [mention=697561]bronxteck[/mention]:
https://christitus.com/update-any-pc-to-windows11/
Is it possible for USB installer for during first check on clean install procedure? Cause i only can install it as upgrade but never clean one.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Is it possible for USB installer for during first check on clean install procedure? Cause i only can install it as upgrade but never clean one.

For a clean install, there is appraisers.dll method. I don't try.

How To Replace appraiserres.dll in Windows 11 Setup

• Like 1

For a clean install, there is appraisers.dll method. I don't try.

How To Replace appraiserres.dll in Windows 11 Setup
This method doesn't seem to work, i already tried it, even with my own windows 10 iso using it's appraisers dll in clean install. But as @Hervé link, i think this if possible to do before the check process on the clean install, it will for sure work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

This method doesn't seem to work, i already tried it, even with my own windows 10 iso using it's appraisers dll in clean install. But as @Hervé link, i think this if possible to do before the check process on the clean install, it will for sure work.

The @Hervé link requires to modify the base registry: how to do that for a clean install !

For a clean install you can use the Windows console. After Windows-setup complains that your computer does not meet the requirements, press shift+F10, open write or notepad, file open, then navigate to the location where you saved the bypassReg and merge it. Then you can continue the installation.

• Like 1

For a clean install you can use the Windows console. After Windows-setup complains that your computer does not meet the requirements, press shift+F10, open write or notepad, file open, then navigate to the location where you saved the bypassReg and merge it. Then you can continue the installation.
Interesting, thanks! Can you explain the steps in other words please from notepad step to the end

• Like 1

But how to merge the registry linked from the install screen when doing clean install

I already installed windows 11 with your iso using only as upgrade from windows 10, and it's simple with appraisers dll from windows 10 iso. Now on clean install, even using that dll, it doesn't work for me

41 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

But how to merge the registry linked from the install screen when doing clean install

Copy the file from the attachment to the USB-Stick. If you have already started Notepad.exe go to file open, search for bypassTPM.reg and double-click it.

Notepad shows you only TXT as file extension but you can type in the dialog box  *.reg, so that you can see the bypassReg.

bypassTPM.reg.zip

• Like 2

Dumb question, do you mean by open the bypass.reg in notepad, to copy it's content as txt then to run it in CMD to be merged

I didn't imagine the merge like that, so it was better to screenshot. Again, thanks mate, i really appreciate your help, cause i liked that 11, need to know how far they will go with the OS optimisations !

Clean install

For who as me, have no chance to download the ISO from microsoft insiders website, even if signed with a compatible laptop. Here's some steps that i used and found them helpful from the net and from our guys here in this topic, which i want to thank them for helping me and explanations with patience!

@naiclub shared with me hes Windows 11, but i had troubles to make it GPT bootable Fat32, because of the Install.wim was over 4GB, as the Fat32 file size restriction. So i decided to do an all in one steps to download, create and burn Windows 11 latest build directly from microsoft servers, and bypassing TPM & Secure Boot verification. Of course there's other ways to do that, but some of them needs more time, patience, knowledge and tools to do it, but in the final step, same result, so here's:

1- go to UUP Dump website: https://uupdump.net/ , and follow the bellow steps to download the latest insider build, with the updates included and stripped the size to only the edition you want:

Spoiler

1- Click DevChannel

DevChannel.thumb.png.0d701db3c52aa0250eea2ef3486dd85b.png

2- Click Cumulative Update to doownload the ISO with the latest build with the latest cumulative update

1101715477_LatestcumulativeUpdate.thumb.png.eaf0d52f41f947a28b541c8c62f54d5e.png

3- Choose your desired windows language and click next

439213865_Chooseyourlanguaga.thumb.png.d873cad81a201b2cb85b5a3952610ace.png

4- Choose you prefered windows edition only, and uncheck the other editions to make a small ISO, and click next

1021988432_Chooseonlyyourdesirededition.thumb.png.2df49905a1d55ab64a4f3b2b9ebd416c.png

5- Now check download and convert to ISO, check include updates, check integrate .NET Framework 3.5 if you want, and don't miss checking Use solid (ESD) compression, to use smaller Install.esd instead of Install.wim that's larger than ESD. As you will see in the summary at the right side, the image will only have 3.01 in file size, including .NET 3.5 and the latest update also, using only one edition inside the install.esd

1477058349_Finishtheprocess.thumb.png.ac1d6eb85992ed39f6813e0ae3437818.png

After the ZIP file is downloaded, unzip it, rename it to a non space name and use a simple name to don't have warning and wasting time. Run the uup_download_windows.cmd command, and let it do it's job. You're done, the ISO file is inside the folder.

The benefits on that is to download it from the microsoft server directly including the latest cumulative update.

After the ISO is ready, and if you have unsupported machine on hand, and have a windows 10 ISO, open it go to sources folder and grab the appraiserres.dll, copy it to desktop. Now make a bootable Windows 11 using rufus, after it finish, copy your appraiserres.dll and paste it over the sources folder on that created bootable drive. As @Hervé linked, the bypasstpm.reg is pretty simple:

- Open notepad and paste this registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig]
"BypassTPMCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassSecureBootCheck"=dword:00000001

- Save it as whateveryouwant.txt, then rename .txt to .reg then drag&drop it to the bootable drive.

Reboot to the USB, use Shift-F10, at the command prompt, type notepad then file, open, use all files as desired extension, go to your USB and right-click on the .reg file and click on merge as @wern apfel shows here:

Spoiler

Merge.jpg.1b1aa82223745be07a8f3bf3393176dc.jpg

Now exit the cmd, and install your windows 11 without any undesired popup.

I don't think so! Cause if using rufus, it automatically choose NTFS-GPT, while in UEFI you can't boot windows bootable NTFS drive. For me it's not dificult, but just have as clean as possible without using many Windows 10 files. Instead it was just by hasard, this last Friday i was looking in the Laptop of my nephew, and found that it's windows 11 compatible. As he doesn't wanted to install the insider, i just signed in the windows insider program from the settings, then the call for update was shown from windows updates. I opened EDGE and signed to insider website, head over flight, then clicked on download ISO, and this is what i have everytime from compatible or not Windows 11 machine:

Spoiler

Insider.thumb.png.d1c47a67d911d04a2570b41698a47802.png

I don't know why, then i typed on google windows 11 insider preview doesn't show on download list, cause in that moment i posted the same question, and found that uupdump website. and i tried it out, and found it helpful than the microsoft windows insider website :hysterical:

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Yeah i see, but here's what i've got just a minutes to go:

Spoiler

Begin.thumb.png.5b2cd7273f1bdbb4050a95235ad05752.png

End.thumb.png.0f767bf19e54431f7dd05a45ae50e1bb.png

I have to disable secure boot in order to boot that drive, which is a think that i don't want to do. Big Sur will not start, but as i don't use dual boot with OpenCore, i only switch from a profile on the bios to another, for Windows and macOS.

14 minutes ago, naiclub said:

You look here and look at the pictures. Compare

win11

Thanks @naiclub I don't understand your partition scheme. Below the partition layout for hard drive, from Microsoft site.

Spoiler

1070685491_Capturedcran2021-07-0513_14_22.png.a394b62d21137c29cb88b10013a41d72.png

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks @naiclub I don't understand your partition scheme. Below the partition layout for hard drive, from Microsoft site.

Hide contents

1070685491_Capturedcran2021-07-0513_14_22.png.a394b62d21137c29cb88b10013a41d72.png

The partitions layout is correct for 2, 3 and 4. But for the first it's macOS drive that have maybe two systems or more maybe on it, if i'm not mistaken is it right

8 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Yeah i see, but here's what i've got just a minutes to go:

Hide contents

I have to disable secure boot in order to boot that drive, which is a think that i don't want to do. Big Sur will not start, but as i don't use dual boot with OpenCore, i only switch from a profile on the bios to another, for Windows and macOS.

Hi @ammoune78 Do you try to select FAT32 (default) instead of NTFS (File system). I use this setting since few years, whithout any messages.

Edited by Matgen84

Hi @ammoune78 Do you try to select FAT32 (default) instead of NTFS (File system). I use this setting since few years, whiteout any messages.

Hi @Matgen84, yes i always use FAT32 (default) as for Windows in Rufus. As i always use secure boot on almost all my previous build, i was never able to install windows using NTFS-UEFI with rufus, until today when i saw that message.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

The partitions layout is correct for 2, 3 and 4. But for the first it's macOS drive that have maybe two systems or more maybe on it, if i'm not mistaken is it right

I talk about Disk 1. The OS is not mentioned on the screenshot :hysterical: 

• Haha 1

I talk about Disk 1. The OS is not mentioned on the screenshot :hysterical: 

Is that because the Minitool partition wizard software? Look at my disk management, not showing the MSR partition :D

Spoiler

MSR.thumb.png.c055542da4632e9865f6d3dba755218d.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Is that because the Minitool partition wizard software? Look at my disk management, not showing the MSR partition :D

Hide contents

It's better, indeed :) Microsoft has changed his partition layout and order two years ago, if I remember well. So the new system is present for a clean install. This is what I saw last year, reinstalling windows on a formatted drive.

• Like 1

It's better, indeed :) Microsoft has changed his partition layout and order two years ago, if I remember well. So the new system is present for a clean install. This is what I saw last year, reinstalling windows on a formatted drive.

Yeah, the best way. My favorite is clean install, as in windows i don't have a thing that i'm worrying about, for games i do backup saves, if no progress, i don't backup, and start clean install. Same thing for macOS, except it's not for gaming, but i save things i need before reinstalling. But for macOS, i don't format the drive, because of no problems in most cases, in contrary wise with windows which have a lot sometimes, and sudenly happens :| .

• Like 1

In this case, I talked to another person who asked recently. separate installation All unrelated drives must be closed. And leave only the drive that we will install, because otherwise the system will write the boot file together with the system boot drive that exists in the system immediately. what's worse If the drives are separated, the second boot will not boot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1