Windows 11 - Discussion

naiclub

187 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

But I don't remember how to format the hard disk after I remove the partition via the installer (if it is possible).

If you're going for a clean install, format the Drive NTFS that is how I done mine.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

My BIOS looks like yours. Yes, the Aorus Master Z390 (rev. 1.0) motherboard has TPM 2.0 support. Right, PTT emulate as TPM2. I don't want to buy TPM2 module for now. GC-TPM2.0_S module

Now I have black screen of the death with stop code 0xc000021a 😪 Instead of randomly restart.  Maybe, I have to reinstall Windows 11. But I don't remember how to format the hard disk after I remove the partition via the installer (if it is possible).

Do you have USB installer with Windows 11? If yes, when you run the installer from USB you can select disk or partition target for Windows and there is a option to delete / format the destination.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, eSaF said:

If you're going for a clean install, format the Drive NTFS that is how I done mine.

I just remove Windows 10 partition when I do the clean install 😪

33 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Do you have USB installer with Windows 11? If yes, when you run the installer from USB you can select disk or partition target for Windows and there is a option to delete / format the destination.

I make my Installer with Rufus as usual. After removing all Windows 10 partition, I can't remove the hard disk: grey icon for format option. 

I will try again.

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I make my Installer with Rufus as usual. After removing all Windows 10 partition, I can't remove the hard disk: grey icon for format option. 

You can choose NTFS format in Rufus. The reason NTFS is preferred it handles large files better than FAT.

Edited by eSaF
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You can choose NTFS format in Rufus. The reason NTFS is preferred it handles large files better than FAT.

But this is another thing, @Matgen84 says target disk is greyed out. Try again booting from USB and at some point you must choice where to install windows, does target disk go on disabled?

EDIT: I don't remember if Rufus makes the windows 11 USB as NTFS or FAT32, probably NTFS because the install.wim file is larger than 4 GB.

Edited by miliuco

16 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I don't remember if Rufus makes the windows 11 USB as NTFS or FAT32, probably NTFS because the install.wim file is larger than 4 GB.

I have used Rufus and you do have the option to choose either FAT32 or NTFS but for my last Clean Install, I used Windows Creation Media Tool to create the USB Installer which I think Mat should try. If he decides to go that route, there are three options to choose from on Windows website, he should choose the one in the middle to create the USB installer and just follow the instructions.

• Like 3

@eSaF @miliuco

I clean install Windows 11, with latest Rufus 3.16 (NTFS format for the USB). 😊

Once the installation is complete, Windows Update loads updates (including a Intel Wifi driver, not the latest ) and the Tuesday patch.

Restart alone is back. 😪 I do an installation for nothing.

What do you think I should check ? I do not change the original setting for power management. I am thinking of the update by Windows of the Intel wifi driver. Could it be the cause of the restart?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What do you think I should check ?

Check that all the components are seated properly i.e Ram Sticks, GPU, Disk drives etc, etc. Very hard to pin down a problem like this as it could be hardware or software related, did you install or any new software or update one? so many variables to track down the problem.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@eSaF @miliuco

I clean install Windows 11, with latest Rufus 3.16 (NTFS format for the USB). 😊

Once the installation is complete, Windows Update loads updates (including a Intel Wifi driver, not the latest ) and the Tuesday patch.

Restart alone is back. 😪 I do an installation for nothing.

What do you think I should check ? I do not change the original setting for power management. I am thinking of the update by Windows of the Intel wifi driver. Could it be the cause of the restart?

Of course it is strange this thing has never happened to me, as you have here ? look in settings / advanced uncheck on Auto Restart 

441911075_Immagine2021-10-14172442.png.5382fe0137a41d69e66e8a3741a56ba3.png

in more check if you find something in Microsoft Event Viewer

2005070573_Immagine2021-10-14173158.thumb.png.7b72beb51c5f64d996dfa1a8dbcb581c.png

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Check that all the components are seated properly i.e Ram Sticks, GPU, Disk drives etc, etc. Very hard to pin down a problem like this as it could be hardware or software related, did you install or any new software or update one? so many variables to track down the problem.

Thanks.I guess it is difficult to find a solution, since the cause is so far unknown. On this disc, there are currently only Windows 11 and Office 2021.

I will keep looking and checking

11 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Of course it is strange this thing has never happened to me, as you have here ? look in settings / advanced uncheck on Auto Restart 

441911075_Immagine2021-10-14172442.png.5382fe0137a41d69e66e8a3741a56ba3.png

Thanks. I can't find the windows with checkbox "Auto restart". Where is it ! Please.

@antuneddu I find Microsoft event. I talk about "avvio e ripristino" because I no longer remember the Italian language which is that of my parents.

13 hours ago, miliuco said:

@Matgen84

Look at here, I don't know if it can help.

https://www.techy.how/tutorials/win11-random-restart-fix

Thanks @miliuco Startup & Recovery Options = "avvio e ripristino"  😊 I continue to check several paramaters on my Z390 Aorus Master (mobo similar with yours) to prevent also Black screen of the death.

On another subject, do you know how to avoid automatic update in Windows Update. I am also looking to see if it is possible, as on macOS, to select only the updates that we want to install.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...