[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, CMMChris said:

No need for the Beta Access Utility:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Oh wow, I just checked on my Catalina beta enrolled system and it's available without me doing anything. They really are just using this pref.

Those braver than me, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gengik84 said:

you have add beta argument?

Big sur isn't supported by default... lilu etc..

What do you mean, by beta argument @gengik84 ?

And there are a new version of Lilu. WhateverGreen, ALC, VirtualSmc?

Edited by MorenoAv

36 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

macOS Big Sur isn't 10.16, it's 11.0!

No it's not. 10.16 for x86, 11.0 for ARM.

Btw: All bootloaders are dead for now. Big Sur doesn't boot with Clover and OpenCore.

• Like 6

On 6/22/2020 at 5:52 PM, CMMChris said:

No it's not. 10.16 for x86, 11.0 for ARM.

Btw: All bootloaders are dead for now. Big Sur doesn't boot with Clover and OpenCore.

I have Installer.app all is Install correct but

Spoiler

175644687_Capturedcranle2020-06-2216_54_14.png.ec30b591e53c3a6e8f307a64820cf4be.png

1599113260_Capturedcranle2020-06-2216_58_48.png.f378c33b1fbc5933ebdfad61619d5cfa.png

=its not show at the gui Clover :help:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It has been announced by Apple a year back that from 10.16 some kext families (for example network drivers) will not be supported any longer. Developers are forced to use user space driver extensions for them. I am not aware of any dext versions of for example USB wifi drivers yet. So definitely a problem.

Edited by CMMChris

Just now, CMMChris said:

It has been announced by Apple a year back that from 10.16 some kext families (for example network drivers) will not be supported any longer. Developers are forced to use user space driver extensions for them.

oh I see what you mean, so they moved to DriverKit

55 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

It has been announced by Apple a year back that from 10.16 some kext families (for example network drivers) will not be supported any longer. Developers are forced to use user space driver extensions for them. I am not aware of any dext versions of for example USB wifi drivers yet. So definitely a problem.

Yeah USB drivers need to move to user space. However, the usual Intel/Relteak onboard stuff is PCIe and still supported as is.

Create Install Media works with a SMBIOS compatible

MacBook

2015 and later

MacBook Air

2013 and later

MacBook Pro

Late 2013 and later

Mac mini

2014 and later

iMac

2014 and later

iMac Pro

2017 and later

(all models)

Mac Pro

2013 and later

but Red screen at clover boot :moil:

Spoiler

screenshot1.thumb.png.ebd2bc2af9d5f8b5827c9a5881e02cf0.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, r!ppz said:

However, the usual Intel/Relteak onboard stuff is PCIe and still supported as is.

Transport route / bus doesn't matter. KEXT family does. Network KEXTs are deprecated since Catalina and likely unsupported in Bug Sur. Apple's network drivers have partially transitioned to DEXTs with Catalina already.

Edited by CMMChris