[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.2

gengik84
90 posts in this topic

I don't understand what you mean by that. Just try adding this to your info.plist below the H.264 part of baffin:

<key>IOGVAHEVCEncode</key>
			<string>1</string>
			<key>IOGVAHEVCEncodeCapabilities</key>
			<dict>
				<key>VTPerProfileDetails</key>
				<dict>
					<key>1</key>
					<dict>
						<key>VTMaxEncodeLevel</key>
						<integer>153</integer>
					</dict>
				</dict>
				<key>VTQualityRating</key>
				<integer>50</integer>
				<key>VTRating</key>
				<integer>350</integer>
				<key>VTSupportedProfileArray</key>
				<array>
					<integer>1</integer>
				</array>
			</dict>

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Encountering bugs is what beta program is all about. Stop and just wait for release then.

For your information (it looks you didn't read the article):

They screw up Mail in Catalina release 10.15.

The same issues persists in 10.15.1....

That's why I asked..... Delete envelope index and restart mail, you will see....

Anyway on test drive I updated to beta 2, same stuff is happening....

7 hours ago, CMMChris said:

Check your graphics device name. Needs to be GFX0. HEVC works as usual in Beta 2.

This statement is incorrect. The device name in the ACPI tables does not need to be GFX0 in order to get HEVC to work.

wq52vFZ.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

@Pavo Used to be the case until recently. I will check it out later.

Edit: Nothing changed, everything is as usual. GFX0 or GFXA is mandatory, otherwise no HEVC acceleration on AMD cards.

636169138_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-14um21_27_19.thumb.png.5c3ba7bb766076e6b37a57824aa37c92.png

27482439_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-14um21_29_08.thumb.png.23c428281db2bc1ff47342f4e537bbd6.png

For what it's worth, when I check my video capabilities with VidProc version 3.2, it tells me that HEVC is supported.  When I use VidProc version 3.4, it tells me that HEVC is not supported.  Here I have them running side-by-side.

VidProc.thumb.png.bb81d78341338eb8d4c59543c68c5bfc.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CMMChris said:

@Pavo  直到最近都是这样。我稍后再检查。

编辑:什么都没有改变,一切都像往常一样。GFX0或GFXA是必需的,否则AMD卡上没有HEVC加速。

636169138_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-14um21_27_19.thumb.png.5c3ba7bb766076e6b37a57824aa37c92.png

27482439_Bildschirmfoto2019-11-14um21_29_08.thumb.png.23c428281db2bc1ff47342f4e537bbd6.png

Vega is OK. It's good. Polaris is limited

4 hours ago, CMMChris said:

I don't understand what you mean by that. Just try adding this to your info.plist below the H.264 part of baffin:

<key>IOGVAHEVCEncode</key>
			<string>1</string>
			<key>IOGVAHEVCEncodeCapabilities</key>
			<dict>
				<key>VTPerProfileDetails</key>
				<dict>
					<key>1</key>
					<dict>
						<key>VTMaxEncodeLevel</key>
						<integer>153</integer>
					</dict>
				</dict>
				<key>VTQualityRating</key>
				<integer>50</integer>
				<key>VTRating</key>
				<integer>350</integer>
				<key>VTSupportedProfileArray</key>
				<array>
					<integer>1</integer>
				</array>
			</dict>

ok

Edited by jinbingmao

48 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

@Pavo Used to be the case until recently. I will check it out later.

Edit: Nothing changed, everything is as usual. GFX0 or GFXA is mandatory, otherwise no HEVC acceleration on AMD cards.

You do realize you are not naming your actual GPU device to GFX0 in that screenshot correct? Where you have GFX0 is the first pci-bridge of the GPU.

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 2

@Pavo It doesn't matter if the "display" PCI bridge or the PCI slot (which is PEGP) is renamed. Whatevergreen renames "display" to GFX0. Using Clover hotpatches I can only rename PEGP to GFX0. The result is the same. But what's the point of your question? It's a fact known for ages that GFX0 or GFXA rename is mandatory to get H.265 acceleration on supported AMD cards. This applies to Polaris, Vega10, Vega20 and also Navi10.

• Like 1

Just now, CMMChris said:

@Pavo It doesn't matter if the "display" PCI bridge or the PCI slot (which is PEGP) is renamed. Whatevergreen renames "display" to GFX0. Using Clover hotpatches I can only rename PEGP to GFX0. The result is the same. But what's the point of your question? It's a fact known for ages that GFX0 or GFXA rename is mandatory to get H.265 acceleration on supported AMD cards. This applies to Polaris, Vega10, Vega20 and also Navi10.

Again it is completely wrong. The device name in the ACPI table has nothing to do with getting H264 or HEVC encoding/decoding to work. It all depends on the kexts that supports the GPU and the SMBIOS you are using in combination. I have a Intel hack with Vega 64 and iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and a AMD hack with a Radeon VII without any device renames in the ACPI table or Whatevergreen enabled and H264 and HEVC encoding/decoding are working perfectly fine. Also DRM with AppleTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu all working fine in Safari. I have already provided proof that your "required" statement is false.

• Like 2

Listen, I have seen your screenshot and I honestly have no clue why your HEVC acceleration is working without the ACPI / IOReg rename. Anyhow, I am not a noob and in fact do know a thing or two about hackintoshing. In fact, I already contributed quite a lot to the community and have built and set-up more than enough machines to know what is necessary and what isn't. And I personally haven't seen any green light on HEVC in VideoProc yet without the GFX0 or GFXA - and I also provided a proof for it.

And as a matter of fact, if you do some research, you will find a lot of people who had the issue of no HEVC acceleration and it was fixed by using WEG (which adds the rename) or manually renaming using hotpatching or SSDTs. And of course you are right about the SMBIOS which is another piece of the puzzle. It needs to have the ForceOnlineRenderer flag in the AppleGVA framework, otherwise macOS expects a connectorless renderer (IGPU).

Just out of curiosity: What version of VideoProc are you running on? @mnfesq posted an interesting message above.

@DSM2 might also have to say something regarding the matter.

Edit: Another fact for you. Over at Macrumors Mac Pro users tried for ages to get HEVC acceleration up and running on their cMPs. It wasn't possible. All they could get was H.264. I recently pushed them into the right direction and in fact renaming the PCI slot to GFX0 enabled HEVC for them. Go figure. They need to additionally spoof iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 tho since Apple apparently actively blocks HEVC acceleration on the old Cheesegraters. Spoofing iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 without the ACPI rename does not unlock HEVC acceleration.

Here is the link to the topic: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/opencore-on-the-mac-pro.2207814/

Edited by CMMChris
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MrGreen said:

For your information (it looks you didn't read the article):

They screw up Mail in Catalina release 10.15.

The same issues persists in 10.15.1....

That's why I asked..... Delete envelope index and restart mail, you will see....

Anyway on test drive I updated to beta 2, same stuff is happening....

It seem you didnt understand...Im not referring to the article. It was all about your statement.

Nevertheless, just enjoy the bugs while it last.

Edited by ellaosx

On 11/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, Moviemakergr said:

Reinstall Catalina 10.15.1 is the best solution..

Booting from USB pendrive, unfortunately I can't erase my HDD to reinstall 10.15.1 (before update to 10.15.2 Beta). I don't know what to do...

More test tonight

Edited by Matgen84

14 hours ago, alexboro3191 said:

Снимок экрана 2019-11-15 в 23.30.20.png

This may be a special release for MacPro7.1???

Update: No, this is 2019 16″ MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.1 Supplemental Update (19B2106).

iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS - downloaded and installed 19B88->19B2106 as usual.

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 12.05.46.png

Edited by yapan4

On 11/15/2019 at 6:56 AM, Pavo said:

Again it is completely wrong. The device name in the ACPI table has nothing to do with getting H264 or HEVC encoding/decoding to work. It all depends on the kexts that supports the GPU and the SMBIOS you are using in combination. I have a Intel hack with Vega 64 and iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS and a AMD hack with a Radeon VII without any device renames in the ACPI table or Whatevergreen enabled and H264 and HEVC encoding/decoding are working perfectly fine. Also DRM with AppleTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu all working fine in Safari. I have already provided proof that your "required" statement is false.

Would you mind to share:

1. how your hack did not enter into black screen on booting macOS 10.15.1 and later without using WhateverGreen?

2. How is it able to play "TV Shows" with "/Applications/Video.app"? they are all DRM

3. Are you able to play this video with safari? https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm

• Like 1

Would you mind to share:
1. how your hack did not enter into black screen on booting macOS 10.15.1 and later without using WhateverGreen?
2. How is it able to play "TV Shows" with "/Applications/Video.app"? they are all DRM
3. Are you able to play this video with safari? https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm

I can boot into 10.15.1 or 10.15.2 beta without WEG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1