[Pre-Release] macOS Catalina 10.15.2

gengik84
90 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, justin said:

Would you mind to share:

1. how your hack did not enter into black screen on booting macOS 10.15.1 and later without using WhateverGreen?

2. How is it able to play "TV Shows" with "/Applications/Video.app"? they are all DRM

3. Are you able to play this video with safari? https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm

1. My GPU has never needed WEG because I use my AGPMInjector to inject the correct GPUPM settings.

2. As stated previously it all relies on the SMBIOS + GPU combination. 

3. See picture below 

B1YjOJx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Pavo said:

1. My GPU has never needed WEG because I use my AGPMInjector to inject the correct GPUPM settings.

2. As stated previously it all relies on the SMBIOS + GPU combination. 

3. See picture below 

I just tried to disable Weg and add AGPMInjector.kext, i got blackscreen after some purple lines, my hardware is in my signature, i guess this SMBIOS iMac19,2 i'm using has AGDP policy, that's the reason of black screen, do you have iGPU enabled? what else did you do, renaming? disable AGDP? anything special patches?

26 minutes ago, justin said:

I just tried to disable Weg and add AGPMInjector.kext, i got blackscreen after some purple lines, my hardware is in my signature, i guess this SMBIOS iMac19,2 i'm using has AGDP policy, that's the reason of black screen, do you have iGPU enabled? what else did you do, renaming? disable AGDP? anything special patches?

Well none of my hacks have iGPU, Xeon and AMD CPU. No renames, AGDP loads fine and no special patches.

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

Well none of my hacks have iGPU, Xeon and AMD CPU. No renames, AGDP loads fine and no special patches.

I see, tried disabling iGPU, using iMacPro1,1 instead, i'm also able to play Apple Tv on macOS now. it is a SMBIOS thing. as for the black screen, i think it depends on GPU, my RX 470 got black, fixed it with rename board-id to board-ix. looks like Vega and Radeon VII rocks. 

On 11/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, justin said:

The "purple lines" appear to be due to VRAM test that is writing into the framebuffer space causing that to happen and at times a panic. 

I suspect you likely had version 1.3.1 or later of WEG and therefore hadn't been seeing it. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/commit/bcd3f2ef73266f4a320ccfd0686bef2a969b2bde

4 hours ago, ludacrisvp said:

The "purple lines" appear to be due to VRAM test that is writing into the framebuffer space causing that to happen and at times a panic. 

I suspect you likely had version 1.3.1 or later of WEG and therefore hadn't been seeing it. 

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/commit/bcd3f2ef73266f4a320ccfd0686bef2a969b2bde

You did not read carefully, i said I disabled weg in order to test things. 

4 hours ago, justin said:

You did not read carefully, i said I disabled weg in order to test things. 

I read what you said, I just didn't fully explain apparently ... you get the purple lines with and without having WEG installed. 

If you have WEG 1.3.1 or higher then you don't see those lines because that commit prevents the VRAM test from happening. 

The VRAM test in the native drivers is the problem and WEG 1.3.1+ 'fixes' it by bypassing the test. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 5:52 PM, hohoho said:

I think AppleBacklitFixup.kext is not working properly in my hack running Catalina 10.15.2. it no longer retains the brightness level when i restart like before. when i restart, the brightness is always at max even if i shut down with low brightness. Anybody know a fix for this? Thanks.

I'm having the exact same issue... with my Haswell laptop... I've an external display connected to it via HDMI so I set brightness in the laptop to a minimum.. but sometimes it turns up at full brightnesst after a reboot... also waking it up from sleep resets the brightness level to the max.  I'm running the latest closer available with latest whatevergreen and lilu.

I'm not using AppleBacklitFixup.kext but the PNLF patch provided in whatevergreen as an SSDT patch in clover/apci/patched. Also native nvram is working properly... I've tested via clover scripts which is also working but it didn't make any difference.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

D.

I have an X299, no IGPU, full support for H264 and HEVC from VideoProc, using Whatevergreen with an RX580, iMacpro1,1.

If I follow the link https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm my hack hangs, I can only move the mouse pointer but everything else is freezed - I have to reboot.

Is that normal with MacOS using the RX580 + drm content or can this be due to misconfiguration?

@Pavo: have you tried using Sidecar with your XEON config? It works with my X299 using iMac19,1 but the image has a very poor quality and flickers up to a point it is unusable. Do I really need IGPU and/or T2 chip to make it work properly?

Cheers,

Andrea

23 minutes ago, macandrea said:

I have an X299, no IGPU, full support for H264 and HEVC from VideoProc, using Whatevergreen with an RX580, iMacpro1,1.

If I follow the link https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm my hack hangs, I can only move the mouse pointer but everything else is freezed - I have to reboot.

Is that normal with MacOS using the RX580 + drm content or can this be due to misconfiguration?

@Pavo: have you tried using Sidecar with your XEON config? It works with my X299 using iMac19,1 but the image has a very poor quality and flickers up to a point it is unusable. Do I really need IGPU and/or T2 chip to make it work properly?

Cheers,

Andrea

I do not have a newer iPad, my iPad is the first gen and doesn't support sidecar.

22 hours ago, ludacrisvp said:

I read what you said, I just didn't fully explain apparently ... you get the purple lines with and without having WEG installed. 

If you have WEG 1.3.1 or higher then you don't see those lines because that commit prevents the VRAM test from happening. 

The VRAM test in the native drivers is the problem and WEG 1.3.1+ 'fixes' it by bypassing the test. 

Yes, i'm aware of that weg fixed purple lines. here is the conclusion of my tests :

1. AMD GPU only with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, Apple Tv+ plays fine

2. iGPU headless + AMD GPU with iMac19,2 or 19,1, not able to play Apple Tv+ 

3. iGPU disabled, AMD GPU + iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, Apple Tv+ plays fine 

Edited by justin

Have you tried the latest WhateverGreen 1.3.5, needs to be compiled as its not officially released yet.  I see there is FairPlay DRM Playback patch in it and does it work with Apple TV+ with smbios other than iMacPro1,1?  I'm not near my hackintosh to confirm this.

1 hour ago, Remington said:

Have you tried the latest WhateverGreen 1.3.5, needs to be compiled as its not officially released yet.  I see there is FairPlay DRM Playback patch in it and does it work with Apple TV+ with smbios other than iMacPro1,1?  I'm not near my hackintosh to confirm this.

It is a fix to play DRM offline video. Not work for Apple TV. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justin said:

Yes, i'm aware of that weg fixed purple lines. here is the conclusion of my tests :

1. AMD GPU only with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, Apple Tv+ plays fine

2. iGPU headless + AMD GPU with iMac19,2 or 19,1, not able to play Apple Tv+ 

3. iGPU disabled, AMD GPU + iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, Apple Tv+ plays fine 

Apple TV+ and Movies works with IGPU enabled from BIOS on SMBIOS 19,1 with these boot arguments; But no Netflix on Safari.

shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

• Like 1

Just now, telepati said:

Apple TV+ and Movies works with IGPU enabled from BIOS on SMBIOS 19,1 with these boot arguments; But no Netflix on Safari.

shikigva=32
shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

i know. Using these args equals giving up iGPU, because you’re forcing AppleGVA to use AMD GPU for all apps. 

1 minute ago, justin said:

i know. Using these args equals giving up iGPU, because you’re forcing AppleGVA to use AMD GPU for all apps.  

I am not sure but IGPU also working on mine hack without any problem with these arguments.

21 minutes ago, gengik84 said:

beta 3 build 19C46a

what does this say? if it exists and value is 1, that means AMD RX 4xx/5xx HEVC capability is back, thanks. 

grep -w -A60 AMDEllesmereGraphicsAccelerator /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist | grep -A1 -w IOGVAHEVCDecode

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justin said:

With these args, iGPU will become useless. You can test via screen recording and monitor with intel power gadget.  

With these args, iGPU will become useless. You can test via screen recording and monitor with intel power gadget.  

Its working. But Intel Power Gadget doesnt show the GFX is active. But in ioreg. when I start a screen record or open the Preview app or Quicklooks everything working without any problem. Check my ioreg;

Murat’s iMac.ioreg

Edited by telepati
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, justin said:

维加当然很好。您可以运行grep命令吗?

NO

(AppleGraphicsDeviceControl) AGDCC: Unauthorized client 'PerfPowerService' (IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG0@1/IOPP/GFX0@0/AMD9500ControllerWrangler)
(AppleGraphicsDeviceControl) AGDCC: Unauthorized client 'PerfPowerService' (IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG0@1/IOPP/GFX0@0/AtiDeviceControl)