AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hungrywallet said:

So shikigva 1 and 57 both fix Apple TV for me.  Which one do you recommend I use?

shikigva=1 if they both work the same.

the only other one you could try is shikIgva=60 if none of them 3 work on both then go with 1 and call it a day with Netflix on safari (use chrome) or swap over to smbios 1,1. :) 

and don’t remove the airportfixup.kext from your kext folder, streams and games run much smoother with it in place.

Edited by AudioGod

26 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

shikigva=1 if they both work the same.

the only other one you could try is shikIgva=60 if none of them 3 work on both then go with 1 and call it a day with Netflix on safari (use chrome) or swap over to smbios 1,1. :) 

and don’t remove the airportfixup.kext from your kext folder, streams and games run much smoother with it in place.

I’ve already given up on Netflix and I don’t even use Safari so not sure why I invested so much time in getting it working lol.  I actually updated airportfixups kext today to the latest version so all is good there.

Edited by hungrywallet
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I’ve already given up on Netflix and I don’t even use Safari so not sure why I invested so much time in getting it working lol.  I actually updated airportfixups kext today to the latest version so all is good there.

in that case just enjoy my friend and keep an eye out for updates to the EFI (nothing planned for now)

2 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Maybe Opencore? :wink_anim:

I have a working EFI of OC that you can try for sure but it’s not complete yet as I still need to patch usb as per the 15 port limit rule and I’m waiting on a edited dsdt that will allow you to boot into windows from the OC Boot options. At the moment doing that crashes out the system in a hardcore way...ops

However if your not using windows then as soon as I patch usb I can send you a copy to try if you want to?

28 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I have a working EFI of OC that you can try for sure but it’s not complete yet as I still need to patch usb as per the 15 port limit rule and I’m waiting on a edited dsdt that will allow you to boot into windows from the OC Boot options. At the moment doing that crashes out the system in a hardcore way...ops

However if your not using windows then as soon as I patch usb I can send you a copy to try if you want to?

Yeah, I'll try it out.

8 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Do I need WiFi to get Sidecar working?

you defo need Bluetooth and probably WiFi too. If you have problems with your iCloud like iMessage or anything else it will make it not work too.

oh but You can use a lightning cable to make the connection too I beleave.

1 minute ago, hungrywallet said:

I have it disabled but how about the bluetooth, can that be disabled?

It is disabled, Bluetooth/WiFi both run off the same pcie card plus it’s patched as disabled in the dsdt anyway. :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

hey guys, I have been using this refi for a while now and its working pretty good with two exceptions.

1. From time to time my Hackintosh will just shutdown due to some panic and I cannot figure out what's going on

2. when the Mac goes to sleep and I wake it up, the screen has the weird colours almost as if the colours are only 16 bit (see screenshots).

any idea how to resolve this?

for your info, I used both provided egis, and have the issues with both of them.

thank you

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 17.58.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 17.58.22-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 17.58.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 18.01.10.jpeg

config.plist

Screenshot 2019-11-24 at 18.02.46.png

1 minute ago, seimen_x said:

hey guys, I have been using this refi for a while now and its working pretty good with two exceptions.

1. From time to time my Hackintosh will just shutdown due to some panic and I cannot figure out what's going on

2. when the Mac goes to sleep and I wake it up, the screen has the weird colours almost as if the colours are only 16 bit (see screenshots).

any idea how to resolve this?

for your info, I used both provided egis, and have the issues with both of them.

thank you

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 17.58.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 17.58.22-2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 17.58.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-24 at 18.01.10.jpeg

config.plist

Screenshot 2019-11-24 at 18.02.46.png

For the screen problem what’s happening is the System is not recognising the correct colour Patel for your monitor and is setting it wrong so what you need to do is force RGB to the monitor.

follow this link for the fix :)

https://spin.atomicobject.com/2018/08/24/macbook-pro-external-monitor-display-problem/

as for the random freezing, my system has never done that ever. Disconnect all your USB devices bar your keyboard and mouse and see if it’s coming from there. Something hardware is causing that I bet.

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

For the screen problem what’s happening is the System is not recognising the correct colour Patel for your monitor and is setting it wrong so what you need to do is force RGB to the monitor.

follow this link for the fix :)

https://spin.atomicobject.com/2018/08/24/macbook-pro-external-monitor-display-problem/

as for the random freezing, my system has never done that ever. Disconnect all your USB devices bar your keyboard and mouse and see if it’s coming from there. Something hardware is causing that I bet.

o.k thanks for the input regarding the screen. While I was reading your response, I just unplugged all the usb devices and "whoop" my computer just restarted again. 

I have no idea what is causing it, I attached the crash report since I cannot make much of it.

Crash Report.rtf

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

@seimen_x You can try this EFI if you like. Use it as is just put your details in.

Its my upcoming update to the EFI for the thread, Im just waiting on the new whatever green and Lilu Kexts to release before I make it go live. :)

AudioGod 1,1 EFI RX580.zip

thank you.

just to clarify, I unplugged, everything still crashed...

anyways I will see if it gets better now. thank you

6 minutes ago, seimen_x said:

thank you.

just to clarify, I unplugged, everything still crashed...

anyways I will see if it gets better now. thank you

the crash might of been the trouble device disconnecting from the system so now there's nothing connected dont do anything and see if it crashes again. if or when it does then go ahead and swapo your EFI for the one I just sent you and keep it as it is and see if that helps. I'm just trying to suss out where the problem is coming from for you.

I still think its one of your devices but lets see buddy :)

also using SMBIOS 1,1 make sure the gpu is set to disabled in the bios and also Aperture size is set to 256mb.

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 6:39 PM, AudioGod said:

the crash might of been the trouble device disconnecting from the system so now there's nothing connected dont do anything and see if it crashes again. if or when it does then go ahead and swapo your EFI for the one I just sent you and keep it as it is and see if that helps. I'm just trying to suss out where the problem is coming from for you.

I still think its one of your devices but lets see buddy :)

also using SMBIOS 1,1 make sure the gpu is set to disabled in the bios and also Aperture size is set to 256mb.

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

you are right (I bow in humility before you :-D) so since yesterday my system has not crashed anymore. I tried to isolate the issue and I turned out that my Rico usb 3.1 hub is causing the problem. there is an additional power plugin provided which is fed via and additional USB port.  This thing was most likely causing the sudden panics.

Thanks for the advice. will test your EFI now!

Cheers from Switzerland

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seimen_x said:

you are right (I bow in humility before you :-D) so since yesterday my system has not crashed anymore. I tried to isolate the issue and I turned out that my Rico usb 3.1 hub is causing the problem. there is an additional power plugin provided which is fed via and additional USB port.  This thing was most likely causing the sudden panics.

Thanks for the advice. will test your EFI now!

Cheers from Switzerland

Awesome we are getting there now buddy. :)