[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

In single user mode, do you try to use IPG uninstaller in Application/IPG directory?

I tried running uninstalled.dmg but it said command not recognised. 
@Matgen84 do you know how to use an uninstaller in single user mode?

I would prefer not to reinstall. 

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Sad 1

Trying to implement proper power managment according to guide.

My laptop is Dell 5570 and till now I used renaming ECDV to EC at config.

If I don't rename it then it doesn't boot. So , I guess at least for my laptop renaming is a must. Am I wrong?

So , I read that is better to do the renaming with a aml file at dsdt only and not at config because there might be ECDV devices at other ssdts.

At my orign folder there are some ssdt with ECDV in them.

Can someone help me compile a aml to rename ECDV to EC.

Attaching help files.

Thanks in advance.

https://mega.nz/#!WcITnYQK!W5Azj72w8ElJBY010coOJGQPc4AmQOflIRIX5KhjO10

origin.zip

config.plist

49 minutes ago, matgeo said:

Trying to implement proper power managment according to guide.

My laptop is Dell 5570 and till now I used renaming ECDV to EC at config.

If I don't rename it then it doesn't boot. So , I guess at least for my laptop renaming is a must. Am I wrong?

So , I read that is better to do the renaming with a aml file at dsdt only and not at config because there might be ECDV devices at other ssdts.

At my orign folder there are some ssdt with ECDV in them.

Can someone help me compile a aml to rename ECDV to EC.

Attaching help files.

Thanks in advance.

https://mega.nz/#!WcITnYQK!W5Azj72w8ElJBY010coOJGQPc4AmQOflIRIX5KhjO10

origin.zip

config.plist

I made You DSDT/SSDT clean and changed ECDV to EC and also removed all bugs. Sign in gratitude https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB1EN1bIE9fbD-_a8n-4sw?view_as=subscriber

DSDT:SSDT.7z

I found that the best solution for my laptop was to leave EC0 alone and just inject a fake EC device. Otherwise there are issues reading my battery info.

My trackpad works fine with this latest beta. No more swipes registering as taps like in the early betas.

The only annoyance left is the removal of the BRCM4331 kext. The only way I can get my wifi working is to inject IO80211Family.kext from Mojave which feels a bit messy to me. Has anyone managed to fake a similar card to make it work with BRCM4360? It's a Dell DW1510.

20 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:
I found that the best solution for my laptop was to leave EC0 alone and just inject a fake EC device. Otherwise there are issues reading my battery info.

My trackpad works fine with this latest beta. No more swipes registering as taps like in the early betas.

The only annoyance left is the removal of the BRCM4331 kext. The only way I can get my wifi working is to inject IO80211Family.kext from Mojave which feels a bit messy to me. Has anyone managed to fake a similar card to make it work with BRCM4360? It's a Dell DW1510.

I can’t help with your Dell DW1510 but I can recommend the Azurewave AW-CE123H. I’m using it in my laptop in Catalina.

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I tried running uninstalled.dmg but it said command not recognised. 

From Intel Support, I found instruction below:

On macOS Catalina (10.15), users may need to perform additional steps to enable the Power Gadget driver to automatically load (this is due to a bug in macOS).

Open the Terminal application
Enter the following command, and press Enter (requires a password to complete):
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
Restart your computer to apply the changes

Remove IGP without uninstall.dmg, In found this for v3.5.1

Head to the /Applications folder in Finder. Try to open the folder where the app is stored (or its installation package file if you still keep it on your Mac). If there is an items with the name of Uninstall, double-click to launch it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the removal process.

Delete traces pertaining to Intel Power Gadget:

- Type /Library in the Go to Folder box 
- As the /Library folder shows up, type the keyword(s) of Intel Power Gadget 3.5.1 or its vendor’s name in the Search box, and click on Library next to the Search: again.
- As the results appear, identify and select the matched items with the named of the keyword(s), then right click on them and choose Move to Trash option.
- etc...

Take a look at: http://www.macuninstallguides.com/remove-intel-power-gadget-3-5-1-on-mac.html

From Intel Support, I found instruction below:

On macOS Catalina (10.15), users may need to perform additional steps to enable the Power Gadget driver to automatically load (this is due to a bug in macOS).Open the Terminal applicationEnter the following command, and press Enter (requires a password to complete):sudo touch /Library/ExtensionsRestart your computer to apply the changes

Remove IGP without uninstall.dmg, In found this for v3.5.1

Head to the /Applications folder in Finder. Try to open the folder where the app is stored (or its installation package file if you still keep it on your Mac). If there is an items with the name of Uninstall, double-click to launch it and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the removal process.Delete traces pertaining to Intel Power Gadget:- Type /Library in the Go to Folder box - As the /Library folder shows up, type the keyword(s) of Intel Power Gadget 3.5.1 or its vendor’s name in the Search box, and click on Library next to the Search: again.- As the results appear, identify and select the matched items with the named of the keyword(s), then right click on them and choose Move to Trash option.- etc...Take a look at: http://www.macuninstallguides.com/remove-intel-power-gadget-3-5-1-on-mac.html

Thanks for that but how do I mount my macOS drive in single user mode and not read only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@alexboro3191, matgeo said he wanted a fix with only in DSDT because some of his SSDTs have ECDV in them. You ignored his request and with your fix you opted not to patch SSDT-8 and SSDT-9. He will likely have an unstable system with your fix.

@matgeo, use this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-EC.dsl This does the same thing you requested to be done to your DSDT. In the end, you don't have to do anything with your OEM SSDTs regarding EC naming because a fake EC device is added.

@Riley Freeman EC0: That's probably because you have a reference to the EC0 device elsewhere in SSDTs. WiFi: Refer to this guide at osxlatitude: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11138-inventory-of-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-2-sierra-catalina/ or this: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11322-broadcom-bcm4350-cards-under-high-sierramojave/. You need to look up what id works for your card and inject it with DSDT patch/SSDT or config Device Properties.

Edited by displhehynehym

mount -uw /Volumes/YOUR_VOLUME_NAME

I get an error with that one.

Mount: unknown special file or file system /Volumes/macOS.

It’s an apfs drive.

I’ve just created an install USB so I’ll just reinstall.

Thanks for the assist anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, displhehynehym said:

@matgeo, use this SSDT: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-EC.dsl This does the same thing you requested to be done to your DSDT. In the end, you don't have to do anything with your OEM SSDTs regarding EC naming because a fake EC device is added.

So , used this

https://mega.nz/#!HEJQUaqR!KQg8Z5wRSpR0iVzxNM-htbsuadLCFZfJuZRDGBttYhU

and removed ecdv renamning to ec at config.

Now I have a EC device and an ECDV device. AppleACPIEC loads under ECDV.

https://mega.nz/#!WEJWgaCA!xkmbhXoBT9pQjhUQY3yOiuapHnj8b1924dD-rejPyNk

Y.G. What is this limitation of maximum upload files of 0.13mb ? 

@matgeo, AppleACPIEC attaches to an active device with _HID PNP0C09 (and boot-ec) under certain circumstances if I remember correctly. And it doesn't really have anything to do with USB power. Rest of the information can be found in the SSDT that I provided. The reason why you may want to create a fake EC device is explained in one of the links inside the SSDT.

And it would have been nicer if you mentioned where AppleBUSPowerController is attached because that's what matters. Can't view anything on phone...

20 minutes ago, displhehynehym said:

@matgeo, AppleACPIEC attaches to an active device with _HID PNP0C09 (and boot-ec) under certain circumstances if I remember correctly. And it doesn't really have anything to do with USB power. Rest of the information can be found in the SSDT that I provided. The reason why you may want to create a fake EC device is explained in one of the links inside the SSDT.

And it would have been nicer if you mentioned where AppleBUSPowerController is attached because that's what matters. Can't view anything on phone...

AppleBUSPowerController is loaded under IOResources (catalina beta 9).

So, having a native ECDV with loaded AppleACPIEC and a face EC device wouldn't be a problem?

5 hours ago, alexboro3191 said:

I made You DSDT/SSDT clean and changed ECDV to EC and also removed all bugs. Sign in gratitude https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB1EN1bIE9fbD-_a8n-4sw?view_as=subscriber

DSDT:SSDT.7z

Could you tell me what patched you made?

Also , to use your ssdt files should I drop any native aml on config?

@matgeo, AppleACPIEC may cause problems, but you can't fix them unless you want to have a broken battery status and many other broken things by turning off the ECDV device.

Don't use alexboro's files. What he did was rename some of ECDV to EC__ in DSDT and left the rest of the DSDT unchanged and completely ignored SSDT-8 and SSDT-9. It will cause a boot failure. I gave you the alternative to his half done patch, and it worked. But you may want to keep following this thread because maybe you did not need any patch at all.

1 hour ago, matgeo said:

AppleBUSPowerController загружается под IOResources (каталина бета 9).

Таким образом, наличие встроенного ECDV с загруженным AppleACPIEC и устройством Face EC не будет проблемой?

Не могли бы вы сказать мне, что вы исправили?

Кроме того, чтобы использовать ваши файлы ssdt, я должен сбросить любой родной aml в конфигурации?

I changed the ECDV method to EC and removed all the errors that occurred when renaming this method. It's indescribable. There is a video of your DSDT on my channel

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alexboro3191 said:

I changed the ECDV method to EC and removed all the errors that occurred when renaming this method. It's indescribable. There is a video of your DSDT on my channel

I see.

So , should I drop any aml files in config?

49 minutes ago, alexboro3191 said:

No, use only DSDT...it should fix Your problem

Мда, с английским у тебя не очень. Он тебе про одно, ты про другое, да еще так, что он не может понять как одно связано с другим

1 hour ago, displhehynehym said:

@matgeo, AppleACPIEC may cause problems, but you can't fix them unless you want to have a broken battery status and many other broken things by turning off the ECDV device.

Don't use alexboro's files. What he did was rename some of ECDV to EC__ in DSDT and left the rest of the DSDT unchanged and completely ignored SSDT-8 and SSDT-9. It will cause a boot failure. I gave you the alternative to his half done patch, and it worked. But you may want to keep following this thread because maybe you did not need any patch at all.

I think that guides for power management should be revised.

The goal is to prevent AppleACPIEC for loading.

For my laptop AppleACPIEC is loaded under ECDV. If I rename it to EC then it loads under EC.

With ssdt-ec it adds a fake EC device with nothing injected. AppleACPIEC still loads under ECDV and I have an additional EC device which does nothing.

Maybe the solution is to disable ECDV with a patch and then add a EC device.

Can you help me compil such a patch?